Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 02:48 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,141,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Sure it is. That's why the brave antivaccine fighters were coming in droves to the ERs after a positive test, demanding monoclonal treatments, even with no symptoms. Texas and Florida went through a ton of those with the Delta variant.
Yeah? Well now nobody gets any, because they "don't work for omicron". A two year long pandemic in the 21st century & all's "science" manged to do, was to eek out a few vaccines that drop below 40% efficacy within 6 months, damaged a lot of hearts & blood vessels & turned off the cellular function that fights tumors.

"Science" blocked life-saving treatments like HCQ & Ivermectin & hasn't managed to find an alternative that they didn't decide to stop only months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I tested positive today. Mild symptoms. Quarantined. Wife is a great cook.
Me too! Only problem is that I don't have a wife to cook for me & I gotta take care of everybody else.

Son's dad came home sick from work last Thursday & went to bed for 3 days. He lives in his own apt downstairs from me but the vents are connected to my bedroom. Sigh. Son & I woke up sick on Saturday. I did round the clock checks of temp, HR. O2 sats & lung sounds for son & I. Son's HR went as high as 136 but it came down with Motrin. Sats as low as 88% but it came up with mild activity. My sats were in the low 90's which is unusual for me.

Saturday & Sunday were surreal because my son experienced the Autism "Fever Effect" & he lost all his autistic behaviors. He spoke clearly & with appropriate context. The aggression & stims disappeared. For 2 days I had a glimpse of who my child would have been had he not been vaccine injured.

No flapping, yelling, punching, stomping ... He called me "Mom"! He got my new 2022 calendar & started filling in dates with family member's birthdays. He asked if he would have to be autistic again & I had to say "yes" but I promised to remind him of when he wasn't. And on Monday, after he broke his last fever; autism's cruel fist grabbed him again & started squeezing. Bittersweet ... As his heart rate came down & sats came up; covid was leaving him but autism took the reigns back.

I started a trial dose of 3 mg Ivermectin on Sunday & we have taken 10 mg a day for the last 5 days. I should have increased it but his tummy didn't tolerate it as well as mine does. Tested on Monday, got + result on Wednesday. On Wednesday we tolerated a short (1 & a half mile) hike on a isolated gravel road in the bluffs near our house. Today we did an over 3 mile hike on a mountain.

His dad is 65 with htn & didn't want to take the Ivermectin. I think that was a mistake but whatever; he's a big boy. His last fever was on Wednesday. He's still got a cough.

I'm not naive to think we are out of the woods yet. Covid pneumonia usually starts after day 7 (Tomorrow for us). Will be monitoring our breath sounds q 6 hours, for a few days still but no fevers since Monday, good HR, sats are 95% + our lungs are clear now.

Son said something funny to me while under the Fever Effect, during all my poking & prodding ... He said; "You're such a curious nurse." Lol. Wish he could talk like that now but I'm glad he's feeling better. I hope you are feeling better too!

Oh & my 4th oldest son & his wife tested + on Tuesday. Different household tho, I hadn't been in contact with him in person for almost 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
It's looking like the Omicron variant might have come from a mouse after the mouse was infected by a human with the original SARS-CoV-2 back in 2020, somewhere in Africa.

So if you're following along, someone in Africa gets infected with SARS-CoV-2 back in the 1st half of 2020, they eventually infect a mouse after that.

The virus then mutates a lot quicker than it normally does (while in the mouse) becoming a lot milder and mainly only effects the upper respiratory tact (i.e. sinuses and throat), while in the mouse.

Then the mouse infects a human with this new variant (now called Omicron) in mid-2021 and here we are today.

If you do have a favorite mouse in your life, do thank them for possibly creating Omicron and maybe getting us out of this pandemic!

Coronavirus: Omicron has mutations that suggest it came from mice - study

Omicron might have come from a mouse, but what kind of mouse?

Evidence for a mouse origin of the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant
I'm dead.

Covid didn't kill me; ROFLMAO at this did. I'm imagining that Muppet named "Beaker", holding a press conference, standing at a podium holding up a poster that says: "An unvaccinated South African coughed on a mouse & gave him covid. Then, that mouse coughed on another unvaccinated South African & that's what started the Omicron outbreak!"; while making that silly little "Meep" sound he talks in. OMG.

Then he exits the podium as all the media muppets start yelling for questions.

OF COURSE IT SHOWS MOUSE ... It practiced serial passage in a lab. This only means that the variant's occurrence isn't any more natural than the initial Pandemic's occurrence was. We are still under attack.

BTW; this is the most ominous statement from the first link of yours: "Omicron does not rely on ACE2 reception and subsequent TMPRSS cleavage for infection."

If that true; the vaccines will be rendered useless. All of them

Anyone notice that China reported 189 new cases yesterday, while the USA reported 751,512? I wonder what variant is circulating in China.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:52 PM

9,830 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The truth on the vaccines is that they can't even figure out what the correct dosage is.

Forgive me for not trusting a word they say.
I clearly laid out why they needed to change the dose (a.k.a. boosters and why more antigens were needed for variants). I got the answer from a couple of podcasts. So yea, they figured it out. Though for one vaccine vendor messed it up for kids.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:53 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yeah? Well now nobody gets any, because they "don't work for omicron". A two year long pandemic in the 21st century & all's "science" manged to do, was to eek out a few vaccines that drop below 40% efficacy within 6 months, damaged a lot of hearts & blood vessels & turned off the cellular function that fights tumors.

"Science" blocked life-saving treatments like HCQ & Ivermectin & hasn't managed to find an alternative that they didn't decide to stop only months later.

Me too! Only problem is that I don't have a wife to cook for me & I gotta take care of everybody else.

Son's dad came home sick from work last Thursday & went to bed for 3 days. He lives in his own apt downstairs from me but the vents are connected to my bedroom. Sigh. Son & I woke up sick on Saturday. I did round the clock checks of temp, HR. O2 sats & lung sounds for son & I. Son's HR went as high as 136 but it came down with Motrin. Sats as low as 88% but it came up with mild activity. My sats were in the low 90's which is unusual for me.

Saturday & Sunday were surreal because my son experienced the Autism "Fever Effect" & he lost all his autistic behaviors. He spoke clearly & with appropriate context. The aggression & stims disappeared. For 2 days I had a glimpse of who my child would have been had he not been vaccine injured.

No flapping, yelling, punching, stomping ... He called me "Mom"! He got my new 2022 calendar & started filling in dates with family member's birthdays. He asked if he would have to be autistic again & I had to say "yes" but I promised to remind him of when he wasn't. And on Monday, after he broke his last fever; autism's cruel fist grabbed him again & started squeezing. Bittersweet ... As his heart rate came down & sats came up; covid was leaving him but autism took the reigns back.

I started a trial dose of 3 mg Ivermectin on Sunday & we have taken 10 mg a day for the last 5 days. I should have increased it but his tummy didn't tolerate it as well as mine does. Tested on Monday, got + result on Wednesday. On Wednesday we tolerated a short (1 & a half mile) hike on a isolated gravel road in the bluffs near our house. Today we did an over 3 mile hike on a mountain.

His dad is 65 with htn & didn't want to take the Ivermectin. I think that was a mistake but whatever; he's a big boy. His last fever was on Wednesday. He's still got a cough.

I'm not naive to think we are out of the woods yet. Covid pneumonia usually starts after day 7 (Tomorrow for us). Will be monitoring our breath sounds q 6 hours, for a few days still but no fevers since Monday, good HR, sats are 95% + our lungs are clear now.

Son said something funny to me while under the Fever Effect, during all my poking & prodding ... He said; "You're such a curious nurse." Lol. Wish he could talk like that now but I'm glad he's feeling better. I hope you are feeling better too!

Oh & my 4th oldest son & his wife tested + on Tuesday. Different household tho, I hadn't been in contact with him in person for almost 2 weeks.

I'm dead.

Covid didn't kill me; ROFLMAO at this did. I'm imagining that Muppet named "Beaker", holding a press conference, standing at a podium holding up a poster that says: "An unvaccinated South African coughed on a mouse & gave him covid. Then, that mouse coughed on another unvaccinated South African & that's what started the Omicron outbreak!"; while making that silly little "Meep" sound he talks in. OMG.

Then he exits the podium as all the media muppets start yelling for questions.

OF COURSE IT SHOWS MOUSE ... It practiced serial passage in a lab. This only means that the variant's occurrence isn't any more natural than the initial Pandemic's occurrence was. We are still under attack.

BTW; this is the most ominous statement from the first link of yours: "Omicron does not rely on ACE2 reception and subsequent TMPRSS cleavage for infection."

If that true; the vaccines will be rendered useless. All of them

Anyone notice that China reported 189 new cases yesterday, while the USA reported 751,512? I wonder what variant is circulating in China.
Oh Cos, so sorry to hear that. Missed your posts.

You really need to write a book about your life experiences. So many could learn from you ...

Old 01-07-2022, 02:55 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,812,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I clearly laid out why they needed to change the dose (a.k.a. boosters and why more antigens were needed for variants). I got the answer from a couple of podcasts. So yea, they figured it out. Though for one vaccine vendor messed it up for kids.
Until they change their mind again.

They also said it would take about 3 months to create a targeted booster for Delta. Delta's been around for 2-3x that long. So where is it?

Old 01-07-2022, 02:59 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Yep, it's all bs, it's all political. That's what the unvaccinated 42 yr old told my fiance when he entered the ICU last month. 4 days later he was dead.
A 26 year old New Zealand man died from the Pfizer jab. He had a 99.5% chance of surviving Covid:

“The man died within two weeks of receiving his first dose, and a coroner determined that preliminary information has identified myocarditis as the probable cause of death, New Zealand's COVID-19 Vaccine Independent Safety Monitoring Board said in a statement. The man had not sought medical advice or treatment for his symptoms.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/8966233002

Old 01-07-2022, 03:05 PM

20,278 posts, read 21,030,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
LOL. You liberal rubber-stamps for the nonsense of the past two years haven't learned one single thing from the data and facts that we have compiled since this started.
But but…the “news” says…

Old 01-07-2022, 03:12 PM

2,047 posts, read 890,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
A 26 year old New Zealand man died from the Pfizer jab. He had a 99.5% chance of surviving Covid:

“The man died within two weeks of receiving his first dose, and a coroner determined that preliminary information has identified myocarditis as the probable cause of death, New Zealand's COVID-19 Vaccine Independent Safety Monitoring Board said in a statement. The man had not sought medical advice or treatment for his symptoms.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/8966233002
That sucks, if I was 26 yrs old and healthy I wouldn't get the shot. But that doesn't change the fact that the ICUs are filling up with unvaccinated people with covid. Not vaccinated with myocarditis. Understand?

Old 01-07-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What do you think of the opinion that the worst "misinformation" is that these vaccines were going to end Covid, and thus, it made sense to shame and terrify people into putting their lives on hold for a year (with a not-so-thinly-veiled exception for the George Floyd protests) until they became available? Should we be doing anything to not let people "get off the hook" for that "misinformation?"
For starters, George Floyd shouldn't be in the argument. Two wrongs don't make a right. There was a debate about vaccines being able to end COVID. Personally, I predicted and typed that forever, it would be the "cold, flu, and COVID" season. So yea, whoever said the vaccine was the savior, I'll give them a pass for a year. After that, it was clear as can be that all of the dropped balls were going to make this thing here forever. And whoever said it differently, has an agenda or was not-so-smart. We agree.

As for shaming. Well. I was pissed (call it shaming if you like) when people claimed quality masks don't help. They do. The only question is how much. So by definition, a mask can never protect you perfectly. Impossible. Eventually, enough load will get through. For whatever reason, such a basic topic trips people. Something like blowing smoke through a mask==proof in their eyes it is impossible for a mask to work. Ah... They are missing the point. It's the total LOAD that does you in! Also, early on before much was learned, I too didn't appreciate people not getting vaccinated. Now with a solid argument (young males and their heart and a host of other real trade-offs, sure). Plus, early on with near-zero therapeutics, and a steep learning curve in the ICU, people were dropping like flies. If people that were around me were vaccinated, I was safer. I eventually learned that my real fear was long-COVID. Plus, I didn't want to get really sick and land up in the hospital (I have an $8500 deductible). So we sorted who we hung with. If they were not vaccinated, we passed on parties, restaurants, stores, etc. As we learned that it wasn't really that easy to get it, we dropped our paranoia and got more realistic.

I'm sure we agree that there is were legitimate arguments about and trade-offs of NOT shutting the world down. Suicide, weight gain, massive stress on the small business, letting big businesses stay open while shutting down the small stores, etc etc etc. There is absolutely NO shortage of flawed policies.

IMO, people need to grasp that this variant is a GD blessing for MOST of us! So both camps need a lesson in common sense. When things turn political it turns into a p_ssing match. And in a p_ssing match, everyone gets wet.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-07-2022 at 03:47 PM..

Old 01-07-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Until they change their mind again.

They also said it would take about 3 months to create a targeted booster for Delta. Delta's been around for 2-3x that long. So where is it?
I covered that too in great detail specifically in this thread. When you are missing information, then it's easier to get upset. While there is no shortage of incompetence when governments get involved, there are reasons why the targeted booster couldn't happen with Delta. But in this case, you were not initially told the whole truth on what it takes to actually make a targeted booster perform (and why sometimes, the difference needs to be larger in order to work).

But until I dug to figure out why, I too thought small tweaks were possible. Someone left out the details early on.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-07-2022 at 03:54 PM..

Old 01-07-2022, 03:48 PM

8,505 posts, read 3,364,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What do you think of the opinion that the worst "misinformation" is that these vaccines were going to end Covid, and thus, it made sense to shame and terrify people into putting their lives on hold for a year (with a not-so-thinly-veiled exception for the George Floyd protests) until they became available? Should we be doing anything to not let people "get off the hook" for that "misinformation?"
Thinking ... not fair to totally attribute misinformation to poorly written MSM articles and to social media sources. Public health authorities whom yes, include, Fauci absolutely "simplified" the vaccine presentation to present a positive, without making clear the necessary qualifiers. That included a more balanced discussion of vaccine risk unknowns, for example the inflammation data.

From the first I never thought the vaccine effectiveness in the community would approach the trial efficacy once public health measures were dropped, which they quickly would be. Because that's not how the trials were designed. All too many, often the most vulnerable, came away thinking they personally had a 95% protective shield, and only had to worry about a niggling 5%. That would be protective (then against infection) no matter their exposure risk in the community.

That was a wrong to the individual, that resulted from an effort to 'sell' vaccines for the benefit of the whole - the larger community. Not, however, to make money for Big Pharma, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies