Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 10:48 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Yes, as few has 10 years ago, I’d would have associated Neo-Nazis/Nazism with the Far-Right. But, within the last 2 years, this has shifted more to the Far-Left since most of their tactics are that of the Nazi SA “Brown Shirts” Storm Troopers. Regardless of what you think, this is true and I’m a person of Color.

The Left and Far-Left’s “woke-ness” is pretty scary since it mimics early Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

Think of this way, the Democrats was the party supporting slavery/Jim Crow laws and the Republicans was the party against slavery/Jim Crow laws.

Trump lost and some still cant face it. Enjoy.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:14 PM

634 posts, read 327,856 times
I envy the flexibility of the people ITT who are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to figure out a way to claim that Nazis were left-wingers and are essentially the same as today's liberals.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:23 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Hitler was a gronola eating, birkenstock wearing, vegetarian lefty. He blamed everything on one group, just like the left blames everything on one group. Identical to our current left.
You do make a good point

Old 12-23-2020, 11:26 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
how could anyone think that nazis are left wing? take a look at skin heads in the US, and that's the nazi mentality.

and they'd punch you right in the face for calling them left. maybe even drag you by a rope behind their pickup truck.
Facts

Old 12-24-2020, 12:23 AM

634 posts, read 327,856 times
Quote:
Most of the democrats I know say that the Germans of WW2 (they will not say Nazi) were right about most things, and that the problem was the Russians. I'm telling you, Biden and the other insane Dems are going to start a holy war with Russia. I got my Canadian safe deposit box all full of Rubles just in case we lose.
Riiiiiiiiight. I totally believe that most Democrats you know admire the Nazis.
I mean, I don't know a single Democrat OR Republican who thinks the Nazis were right. But I'm sure you can barely throw a stone without being able to hit a Nazi-loving Democrat. Good thing you've got your deposit box of rubles though. Hopefully you've got some boxes of Reynold's foil to make some hats out of too.

(I personally would be a little bit concerned if I found myself somehow knowing a ton of Nazi-sympathizers but I don't know, maybe that's super-common in some places...)

Old 12-24-2020, 02:26 AM

34,234 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump lost and some still cant face it. Enjoy.
Nothing about Trump. Its about the Dems, MEDIA, and Education pushing a far left, Woke, PC, SJW, Marxist culture.

Old 12-24-2020, 03:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Capitalism has two components: private ownership of property and free trade.
1) Private-ownership isn't necessarily freedom unless every single person can own enough property to be self-sufficient. Otherwise it tends toward neo-fuedalism.
2) There's a difference between a free market, free trade, and freedom of movement. Free trade alludes to trade between countries. Freedom of movement also presupposes the existence of multiple governments/states/jurisdictions. And while government could theoretically be voluntary, it never is. So free trade actually presupposes the existence of a monopolistic and involuntary state, which supports itself through compulsory taxation.
3) States exist to protect their members from aggression. At least that is the minarchist view of government. In the real world, governments exist to serve the interests of their ruling classes. Which is why capitalism as you imagine it has never existed. The only capitalism that has ever existed is corporatism, because corporatism exists to protect the capitalists from competition, both foreign and domestic, maximizing their profits, and enriching the state.
4) As Milton Friedman used to say, capitalism is a necessary condition for freedom, but an insufficient condition for freedom. Robert Nozick better explains the flaws of capitalism and why, even in its purest form, it generally leads to "rent-seeking". And further, even a minarchist state violates the NAP.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRSkM8C8z4

"Off goes the head of the king, and tyranny gives way to freedom. The change seems abysmal. Then, bit by bit, the face of freedom hardens, and by and by it is the old face of tyranny. Then another cycle, and another. But under the play of all these opposites there is something fundamental and permanent — the basic delusion that men may be governed and yet be free." - H.L. Mencken

Old 12-24-2020, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Freedom is not impotence.
What does that mean?

Old 12-24-2020, 04:02 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Most of the democrats I know say that the Germans of WW2 (they will not say Nazi) were right about most things, and that the problem was the Russians. I'm telling you, Biden and the other insane Dems are going to start a holy war with Russia. I got my Canadian safe deposit box all full of Rubles just in case we lose.

The real problem was the bankers. The real problem still is the bankers. Germany tried to start their own central bank outside of the central banking cartel and they got really powerful doing so for a time, then they started to take their anti-jewish sentiment too far. I'm not going to come out and say they were right or they were wrong... jews have done a lot to advance society in a good way, and not all jews were part of the international banking cartel... many were just small hardworking business owners... but the drive towards Bolshevism in Germany was largely fueled by these wealthy jews so they all got lumped together in the end. Their descendants continue to run the world today. They largely make up the "great reset" elites... the same ones that ran the old system now want to run their new, more restrictive version based on these more dictatorial styles of governing...

I would argue both nazism and boshevism have more in common with each other than our western governments. I sometimes ask myself how the world would be had Hitler won.. probably not THAT much different... it's unlikely they single handedly would have rooted out the international banking cartel themselves. We probably would not have had Soviet rule for 50 years had he won.. I can only speculate... do I think we picked the wrong side? I have an open mind in the matter. I think what the SS did... carting them off into camps, was the wrong approach. I don't think it's right to target an entire "race" or "religion" of people just because of the actions of their peers. It's happened a lot through the history of our species though. We only remember the most recent examples.

https://alphahistory.com/nazigermany...hevism-1924-2/

Last edited by sholomar; 12-24-2020 at 04:16 AM..

Old 12-24-2020, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The real problem was the bankers. The real problem still is the bankers. Germany tried to start their own central bank outside of the central banking cartel and they got really powerful doing so for a time, then they started to take their anti-jewish sentiment too far. I'm not going to come out and say they were right or they were wrong... jews have done a lot to advance society in a good way, and not all jews were part of the international banking cartel... many were just small hardworking business owners... but the drive towards Bolshevism in Germany was largely fueled by these wealthy jews so they all got lumped together in the end. Their descendants continue to run the world today. They largely make up the "great reset" elites... the same ones that ran the old system now want to run their new, more restrictive version based on these more dictatorial styles of governing...
"Auschwitz meant that six million Jews were killed, and thrown on the waste-heap of Europe, for what they were considered: money-Jews. Finance capital and the banks, the hard core of the system of imperialism and capitalism, had turned the hatred of men against money and exploitation, and against the Jews... Antisemitism is really a hatred of capitalism." - Ulrike Meinhof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies