Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 06:29 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,304,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If Trump is having all these money problems, doesn't that mean he's poor and the left is supposed to be looking out for him and working to improve his life and well being? I thought the left loves the poor and hates the rich?...
hope you didn't hurt yourself reaching far enough to come up with this silliness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 07:19 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,499,472 times
Trump hotel money issues ...

Trump has also been bribed by foreign countries and large corporation who book suites in his hotels.

Saudi Arabia spent so much money in New York they single-handedly saved that property from the collapse of bankruptcy, and Trump knows it! Saudi Arabia has Trump in their back pocket, which is why, among other things, Trump said nothing in response to the brutal murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

That's how compromised Trump is, he literally traded Khashoggi's hacked up and sink disposaled body for room rents in New York.

The needs of Trump's hotel and resort businesses drove our foreign policy for the last four years. That is the real danger of emoluments: strategic spending (or gifting) on the president's property influences his judgment, they own him. Trump is one guy who has a price, he really can be bought.

Now that he's not going to be president any longer, and he is so disliked around the world and also by ordinary sane Americans, he is going to have trouble filling rooms.

The one bank that would deal with him is calling in their loans, and countries like Scotland are seriously considering seizing assets funded by money laundering.

Then also separately there is going to be a barrage of lawsuits and criminal probes. He will be deposed in the Jean Carroll rape case (just one of fifteen or more possible sexual assault allegations).

Apparently, he is not allowed to stay permanently at Mar-A-Lago either It's a HOTEL, and permanent residents are not allowed! He needs to find a new permanent address.

Trump is in a world of hurt right now, which is why he is acting so crazy. Trump would literally do anything, including treason, to keep the presidency right now.

Old 12-25-2020, 08:47 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,425,925 times
trump get money for his hotel that provide a service
biden get money from china and yugo to provide a service

trump was america first
biden was a globalist

Old 12-25-2020, 08:51 AM

10,129 posts, read 6,501,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
trump get money for his hotel that provide a service
biden get money from china and yugo to provide a service

trump was america first
biden was a globalist
Trump was, and is, Trump first. There, fixed that for you!

Old 12-25-2020, 10:17 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,952,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
It shouldn't be a problem. Trump's bad actions are unparalleled and after he's gone, we can relax a little - although it's likely that his prosecutions will be news for a long time, and more blame will surface.

I agree that the emoluments issue should be resolved. Unlike you, I hope Trump is not pardoned, but either way, Congress needs to look at the problem.
I think we agree more than disagree. It's not that I hope Trump is pardoned, it's more like I think more can be accomplished by not making him a 'martyr' to his 'cause'. Let's face it, some folks are creating 'Lost Cause' narratives, & historical revisions based on alternative 'facts'; they're seemingly focused on turning a defeated leader into a heroic victor. There is more than enough historical precedence in doing so with Robert E. Lee & his ilk.

Also totally agree Congress needs to be involved in proactively preventing &/or resolving (or at the least curbing) the blatant abuse of presidential power, blatant abuse of the presidency as a center of personal gain & profit, & blatant violations of the domestic & foreign emoluments clauses.

Old 12-25-2020, 10:55 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,952,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Trump was, and is, Trump first. There, fixed that for you!
Agree!

Part of the new 'Lost Cause' narrative is that he will run again in 2024.

He would be totally disinterested in doing so, imho, if he were to be prevented from abusing presidential power, abusing the presidency as a center of personal gain & profit, & from violating the domestic & foreign emoluments clauses going forward.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:20 AM

13,721 posts, read 9,055,926 times
Here is something I wrote even before President Trump was elected:

"The problem with such a theory is twofold: one, a person may be wise in one area (here, real estate development), yet foolish in other areas. We have seen that Donald John Trump, while successful in his original field, has struggled to transfer his success to other fields. Indeed, it appears that, save for real estate, his biggest success is 'branding' his name, or allowing his name to be used on projects for a fee. If I recall, when Mr. Trump spoke of his wealth, he cited a good portion of his 10 billion, some 3.5 billion, as being his estimate of the value of his 'brand'.

Which brings up the second point: I think he has definitely hurt his 'branding' power.

Of course, when one enters politics, one must expect to have one's positions opposed by the opposition party. Such opposition may not, in and of itself, significantly damage the value of one's brand. Reasonable people may disagree with the person's position, yet still appreciate their honesty, values, etc.

I feel that Mr. Trump has failed in this respect (i.e., to protect his brand with the general public). He has, by his various statements, not only alienated those that identify themselves with the Democratic party, but many within the Republican party, as well as those that consider themselves 'independents'. Many question his basic values. Being a selfish, narcissistic person is not an attractive 'brand'.

True, he polls very well with the 'less educated' Americans. However, the less educated also tend to be (not always of course) less wealthy, and Mr. Trump's brand is targeted to the wealthy.

One example: Mr. Trump has been admirable, when he purchases or opens a golf course, to mandate that his property will not reject any applicant for membership based on race, religion, etc. However, the fees are expensive to join. When once asked about his high membership fees, and whether they prevent the less wealthy from joining, Mr. Trump said something like "To gain membership in my golf course one must have money". Nothing wrong with that.

Except, he has alienated many of the wealthy that have the means to join his golf courses, stay in his hotels, purchase condominiums, etc. His 'base' lack the means to support Mr. Trump financially.

Thus, if Mr. Trump decided to run for president (which he had hinted at doing for years and years) to satisfy his ego, he may have been successful in the short term, but I fear the damage to his 'brand' has been very much damaged."

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...lection-2.html

In other places, prior to the election, I voiced other concerns that Mr. Trump would ruin his 'brand', which was really his stock in trade, and that his children would inherit.

Of course, in my original post I thought he was hurting his brand by even running and with the odd things he would say. Now, after four years of being President, I fear he has succeeded in ruining his brand. He will still have the more fringe element support him in the years to come, but I imagine he faces significant legal and financial problems in the next two years.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:37 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,066,407 times
Default Agreed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is something I wrote even before President Trump was elected:

"The problem with such a theory is twofold: one, a person may be wise in one area (here, real estate development), yet foolish in other areas. We have seen that Donald John Trump, while successful in his original field, has struggled to transfer his success to other fields. Indeed, it appears that, save for real estate, his biggest success is 'branding' his name, or allowing his name to be used on projects for a fee. If I recall, when Mr. Trump spoke of his wealth, he cited a good portion of his 10 billion, some 3.5 billion, as being his estimate of the value of his 'brand'.

Which brings up the second point: I think he has definitely hurt his 'branding' power.

Of course, when one enters politics, one must expect to have one's positions opposed by the opposition party. Such opposition may not, in and of itself, significantly damage the value of one's brand. Reasonable people may disagree with the person's position, yet still appreciate their honesty, values, etc.

I feel that Mr. Trump has failed in this respect (i.e., to protect his brand with the general public). He has, by his various statements, not only alienated those that identify themselves with the Democratic party, but many within the Republican party, as well as those that consider themselves 'independents'. Many question his basic values. Being a selfish, narcissistic person is not an attractive 'brand'.

True, he polls very well with the 'less educated' Americans. However, the less educated also tend to be (not always of course) less wealthy, and Mr. Trump's brand is targeted to the wealthy.

One example: Mr. Trump has been admirable, when he purchases or opens a golf course, to mandate that his property will not reject any applicant for membership based on race, religion, etc. However, the fees are expensive to join. When once asked about his high membership fees, and whether they prevent the less wealthy from joining, Mr. Trump said something like "To gain membership in my golf course one must have money". Nothing wrong with that.

Except, he has alienated many of the wealthy that have the means to join his golf courses, stay in his hotels, purchase condominiums, etc. His 'base' lack the means to support Mr. Trump financially.

Thus, if Mr. Trump decided to run for president (which he had hinted at doing for years and years) to satisfy his ego, he may have been successful in the short term, but I fear the damage to his 'brand' has been very much damaged."

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...lection-2.html

In other places, prior to the election, I voiced other concerns that Mr. Trump would ruin his 'brand', which was really his stock in trade, and that his children would inherit.

Of course, in my original post I thought he was hurting his brand by even running and with the odd things he would say. Now, after four years of being President, I fear he has succeeded in ruining his brand. He will still have the more fringe element support him in the years to come, but I imagine he faces significant legal and financial problems in the next two years.
Talk about ruining a "brand".

Personally, I will be relieved when I don't have to hear his name every day.

If his name is his brand,... "stick a fork in it."

Old 12-25-2020, 11:59 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,659,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
A lot of the legal problems Trump is facing involve money. This is about hotel money. And a reminder of how he used his office to rake in payments to keep improperly enriching himself.

As His Term Ends, Trump Faces More Questions on Payments to His Hotel
A civil case being pursued by the attorney general for the District of Columbia has brought renewed attention to what limits there should be on a president’s ability to profit from the office.

The Trump family business has received millions of dollars in payments by the Secret Service, the State Department and the United States military to Trump properties around the country and the world. The president has visited his properties on at least 417 days since taking office, at times with world leaders. And he and his affiliated political committees spent more than $6.5 million in campaign funds at his hotels and other businesses since 2017, including a million-dollar final burst in the weeks before the election last month.
https://www.politicalinvestingreport...o-his-hotel-2/
Hmmm..Who is officially RUNNING the Trump business? Can you answer that? Hint...its not President Trump. So you can blow it out of your *** with this 'personally enriching himself" crap.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:08 PM

19,314 posts, read 17,210,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Hmmm..Who is officially RUNNING the Trump business? Can you answer that? Hint...its not President Trump. So you can blow it out of your *** with this 'personally enriching himself" crap.
And if you thinks he's not moving back into the drivers seat after he leaves his current gig your intoxicated from the Kool-Aid. As many articles show Trump Inc. has billed the US Taxpayer for millions over the last 4 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies