Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 02:25 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,527,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its easy to be considered a great negotiator when you are making deals with people that don't have your deep pockets. You hold leverage on them. As POTUS dealing with China or congress that leverage does not exist even though Trump plays it like he does have the upper hand. In this case congress should have just done a simple straight direct payment to Americans months ago. Not tying a bunch of other stuff to it. We should not be handing out money all over the world or to our 1%. That is just wrong on every level. And I wish more people would wake up to this. Barely 1% of this covid relieve money is the $600 to each American. 99% is for something else. That is just wrong. Our government is ripping us off with our own money.

Now here we are. If Trump kicks the can down the road and Biden has to deal with the budget so be it. Where I am looking at packed shopping malls and massive online shopping most people are doing ok. The people struggling are probably the same people always struggling. We don't need to panic right now.
when the gravy train stops running, everyone except the wealthy are going to be in a world of hurt.
things always look rosy, until they aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems that losing the election has driven Trump mad. Today, as millions lose their unemployment benefits, and as the government shuts down on Monday, he is tweeting carping that Melania has not been on the cover of a fashion mag. Is there any doubt that we are living through the worst presidency in our history?
lol what? link to this tweet?

Old 12-28-2020, 03:36 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,379,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
Ahhh the ramblings of a low information voter. With TDS to boot.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:41 PM

2,400 posts, read 785,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
You speak as if you know what you are talking about, but your words reveal otherwise. All that blather and not a cogent thought to be found.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Ahhh the ramblings of a low information voter. With TDS to boot.
Ok, where am I wrong?

Old 12-28-2020, 06:36 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
Trump is lazy. He tweets his little tantrums and then never does the work to make it happen.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:44 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
You have told him for 4 years he has no skills and is worthless-he is cleaning out his desk -you fired him -
After record breaking economy, good enforcement of trade agreements and immigration law and a Vaccination you said would not work
Something those preceding him did not do
What will you do now that he is gone

Old 12-28-2020, 06:46 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,784,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You have told him for 4 years he has no skills and is worthless-he is cleaning out his desk -you fired him -
After record breaking economy, good enforcement of trade agreements and immigration law and a Gavin e you said would not work
Something those preceding him refused to do
Celebrate.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,938,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
After record breaking economy, good enforcement of trade agreements and immigration law and a Vaccination you said would not work
Something those preceding him did not do
The economy was only record breaking and continues to be for the top 1 percent just as it was under Obama. I said the same complaints about the Obama economy.
Trump trade agreements are only cosmetically different than Obama era trade which i didn't hate. What I do hate is Trump tearing up a trade deal and making a nearly similar trade deal but happy about it because he did it.
Immigration hasn't been much different than Obama except it was more out in the open and Trump actively pushed for a wall which was largely only pushed for by Republicans.

You're just wrong man.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
600 or 2000 is friggin BS to me. LET THE COUNTRY GET BACK TO WORK instead of waiting on our hands and knees for crumbs from the government.
yup, these one time payments do nothing for those who are still employed, except go towards paying down debt, spending on amazon/robinhood, or into a savings account.
we don't need a check or two, we need a functioning economy which means jobs. not temporary payments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies