Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 09:41 AM

13,597 posts, read 7,567,472 times

Advertisements

It was hardly ever about Trump what he did it was always about watching Trump stick it to Democrats and typical politicians. Why do you think MAGA's support the man even if he were to commit murder. Trump radicalized the minds full of hatred just look where we started in 2016 now to 2020? Trump supporters they sound insane to me. They now accept conspiracy over science. Trump has them convinced Biden and the democrat's committed a massive nation wide coup and stole the election. When Trump and his supporters lost 50 lawsuits and more then one trip to the Supreme Court now Trump supports say the courts, and SCOTUS is all in on the conspiracy to remove Trump. Even Mike Pence is in on it because he is refusing to rig the Jan 6th electoral collage vote counting. Do you hear how insane you sound? When someone continues to believe in conspiracy over courts, and facts.

You know that RV bomb in TN this morning will turn out to be some angry MAGA who thinks the election was rigged, and stolen from Trump just because Trump said it was. We watched Trump fail in the courts yet with every loss MAGA's come up with another more radical solution to put Trump in office for 4 more years. Now MAGA's support Martial Law and an overthrow of Democracy.

Last edited by kell490; 12-25-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 09:43 AM

2,918 posts, read 1,375,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
What's weird in this case is that Trump did not participate in the negotiations at all. Then, after the Dems and the Repubs fought it out in the actual negotiations, and came to a hard-fought compromise, NOW Trump inserts himself saying the $600 stimulus should be $2,000! Of course, the Dems wanted a bigger stimulus all along, but the Repubs were the ones who negotiated it down to $600. What exactly is Trump doing here, trying to "make friends" with the American people? I'm thinking it's too late for that!
He's trying to look like a hero to the low-information base so those donations keep flowing in.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:46 AM

382 posts, read 666,036 times
Not trying to politicize this but after tracking this since before the passage of the Heroes act. If the $2000 demand were to be agreed upon. They will keep the $900Billion price tag and rob from UI and other programs to fund this. That is what precisely happened an week ago. UI proposed to be extended by 16 weeks but it dropped down to 11 weeks instead with SNAP funding being slashed. So for those wishing for an $2000 check plus UI - be careful what you wish for!

Old 12-25-2020, 09:49 AM

30,442 posts, read 12,035,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.
Its easy to be considered a great negotiator when you are making deals with people that don't have your deep pockets. You hold leverage on them. As POTUS dealing with China or congress that leverage does not exist even though Trump plays it like he does have the upper hand. In this case congress should have just done a simple straight direct payment to Americans months ago. Not tying a bunch of other stuff to it. We should not be handing out money all over the world or to our 1%. That is just wrong on every level. And I wish more people would wake up to this. Barely 1% of this covid relieve money is the $600 to each American. 99% is for something else. That is just wrong. Our government is ripping us off with our own money.

Now here we are. If Trump kicks the can down the road and Biden has to deal with the budget so be it. Where I am looking at packed shopping malls and massive online shopping most people are doing ok. The people struggling are probably the same people always struggling. We don't need to panic right now.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:36 AM

12,973 posts, read 13,768,735 times
His negotiating skills were honed negotiating with people who he owed large amounts of money to. "If you give me more money I won't default on your loan."

Old 12-25-2020, 12:00 PM

68,404 posts, read 54,685,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m definitely open to moving to a new party as well. I’m old enough to have liked Perot’s run. But

I consider Republicans as the lesser of two evils, which is a far cry from being a devoted supporter.

For me, it has nothing to do with Trump. I don’t consider myself a Trump supporter, I consider myself a Democrat hater.

I don't see that, I find too many of them socially repressive and while they may claim to be fiscally conservative, what I see is complete willingness to spend like drunken sailors on their own agenda. But should they run someone I feel I could trust, Jim Webb having been a recent example, I'll vote for the man and tolerate the party nonsense.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:29 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,416,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who is "we"? I was never fooled, not for a single minute. I knew he was a con artist before he even entered the Presidential race.
Same here which for me has made it even more
sad to see how many fell for his b -chit.

Most of his voters have turned their b-chit meter off when
it comes to Trump but even more scary are the
section of his voters whom are fully aware of he and his
grifter family's ways , yet support it.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:03 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,801,639 times
Behave like adults with adult circumstance(s).

Pointing at the Dems, pointing at the conservatives; crying foul every single time anyone takes a step in any direction.

Let's address the issues as a United front.

After hearing rant after rant about millennials; I'm expecting greater from our geriatric or older civilians.

The Majority here behave like 45+ yo high schoolers.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:09 PM

13,161 posts, read 7,675,883 times
Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2020, 02:14 PM

4,636 posts, read 6,478,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He negotiated his way into the Whitehouse as the first outsider, I'd say his mystique is still there.
Negotiated and lied are not synonymous.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies