Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 01:17 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Blah blah blah, another TDS patient crying out for help. There is help.
That's all you got, a bon-mart with no rebuttal? Asnwer me, how can we will get the $2,000 Trump wants when we couldn't get $1,200 previously due to Senate Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 01:22 AM

8,515 posts, read 3,789,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That's all you got, a bon-mart with no rebuttal? Asnwer me, how can we will get the $2,000 Trump wants when we couldn't get $1,200 previously due to Senate Republicans?
Exactly. The Trumpers want their cake and eat it to. Pass it and let Trump sign In.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:32 AM

2,918 posts, read 1,376,531 times
Quote:
Trump Ruined His Mystique as a Great Negotiator With His Stimulus Bill Stunt
Some Americans once held the mistaken belief that Trump is a great negotiator, but he proved them wrong at the beginning of his presidency with this phone call:

Quote:
Nieto: "You have a very big mark on our back, Mr. President, regarding who pays for the wall. My position has been and will continue to be very firm saying that Mexico cannot pay for that wall."

Trump: "But you cannot say that to the press. The press is going to go with that, and I cannot live with that. You cannot say that to the press, because I cannot negotiate under those circumstances. But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind, because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall. I have to."
After that a few still held out hope, but Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-un, where he gave all away in return for nothing, showed he wasn't playing 3D chess, or even checkers.

Last edited by Angry-Koala; 12-25-2020 at 01:47 AM..

Old 12-25-2020, 01:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 3,888,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who is "we"? I was never fooled, not for a single minute. I knew he was a con artist before he even entered the Presidential race.
I'm not sure "fooled" even applies. No one with a brain thought he was a great negotiator in terms of his political journey.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:41 AM

2,918 posts, read 1,376,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
People could use $2 grand especially this most wonderfu time of year. Perhaps he will be remembered most for this grand unexpected gesture. There are many ways fof winning the hearts and minds of even the most hardened grumpy grumps.
The $2,000 was Democrat's idea months ago and it got shot down by the Republicans. Give credit where credit is due. Trump didn't say anything about $2,000 until later and he couldn't be bothered to stay around Washington to make sure the bill passes - important golfing trip needed instead! He doesn't care about American citizens.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:27 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,752,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Blah blah blah, another TDS patient crying out for help. There is help.
Please learn to open your mind and respond to the op other than repeating TDS yada yada. There is help for those who blindly follow the liar in chief. We were all conned but, more than half the country has known it for more than 4 years. You can open your eyes now.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:35 AM

8,391 posts, read 3,888,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
The $2,000 was Democrat's idea months ago and it got shot down by the Republicans. Give credit where credit is due. Trump didn't say anything about $2,000 until later and he couldn't be bothered to stay around Washington to make sure the bill passes - important golfing trip needed instead! He doesn't care about American citizens.
Trump's been a lifelong democrat until he ran for President and as a President he's been as liberal as they come, fiscally. So it's not surprising he sided with the dems here.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:41 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Please learn to open your mind and respond to the op other than repeating TDS yada yada. There is help for those who blindly follow the liar in chief. We were all conned but, more than half the country has known it for more than 4 years. You can open your eyes now.
There should be some point that most will turn their backs. I think this stimulus issue is the final straw unless you are talking the headline free market economics people that think the government shouldn't tell the market what to do.

Old 12-25-2020, 02:44 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,700,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Are you a northeaster by any chance?

No longer but grew up in the NYC area. Never thought Trump anything but a grifter, still don't.

And I certainly never saw being a spoiled little brat as any sort of 'mystique'.

Last edited by burdell; 12-25-2020 at 03:01 AM..

Old 12-25-2020, 03:05 AM

6,401 posts, read 3,568,305 times
“We’ve all been had”

Why are you presenting yourself as a Trump supporter who has just supposedly woken up?

Seems to me that if you never backed Trump in the first place, how can “we” have been had in the first place?

I don’t know a single person who voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted for Biden. Based on this, I’m certainly not going to believe any anonymous person on this site who claims they changed their vote, so save it.

Here’s my take: Trump is far from perfect, he’s made plenty of mistakes since taking office, but I still would never in a million years vote for a Democrat.

Dems are an existential threat to this country and I will vote against them until I die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies