Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 04:51 PM

2,133 posts, read 751,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The "we are sending loads of cash to other countries" are not part of the stimulus. It is a part of the omnibus spending bill. The stimulus was tacked onto the omnibus spending
The 0.6K check is so little. If that was 2K, we might not know the "we are sending loads of cash to other countries." May be they did that on purpose. Anyway, grandma plans vote on the 2K check bill on monday. We will see what GOP wil do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 07:42 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
The 0.6K check is so little. If that was 2K, we might not know the "we are sending loads of cash to other countries." May be they did that on purpose. Anyway, grandma plans vote on the 2K check bill on monday. We will see what GOP wil do.
As I've said the $600 check is not ideal. That said, it was what agreed on. I do need more $1,200 but that was kaboshed by Republican Senators before Trump said that we need bigger checks. My brother who is far more right than I am even agreed about the problem for the bill was that the spending was in the omnibus as Trump wanted, not the Democrats nor the Republicans that actually added "pork" to it. They just had tacked the covid relief to the omnibus so they only had a single bill to talk up, talk down, filibuster and finally vote on rather than two.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:43 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,707,871 times
What will you do when he is gone

Old 12-25-2020, 07:44 PM

47,097 posts, read 26,218,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
His negotiating skills were honed negotiating with people who he owed large amounts of money to. "If you give me more money I won't default on your loan."
And with people he could stiff. An Atlantic City contractor can't fight the Trump Org lawyers and will eventually have to walk away.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:46 PM

47,097 posts, read 26,218,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Enjoy some blessed peace and quiet not having to worry about what idiocy is coming out of the White House today.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
The meager relief bill that was passed was approved by BOTH parties. And now, ONLY REPUBS are blocking the 2 grand per person trump pretends is suddenly a “mustâ€. Dems immediately approved it. Repubs can’t even be bothered to at least pretend they have compassion and want to help millions of struggling Americans. But I bet they’ll be plenty sorry come election time, because people won’t forget.
Besides the two Georgia run-offs (one is looked at as a loss for the Republicans and the other is trending more even) the Republicans guess that people will possibly forget in two years. I can understand that with most people but not me. I can't forget even if I tried.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,697,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator.
So you believed in him, or are you a fraud yourself by pretending you believed in Trump at some point?

Old 12-25-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Hope that the anti-authority groups Trump don't do anything brash and hope that the Republicans wake up from the conspiracy theory BS that permeated into the party under Trump.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
So you believed in him, or are you a fraud yourself by pretending you believed in Trump at some point?
I didn't PERSONALLY believe it. I have seen this comment and line of thinking trying to say that I am lying about being fooled. I wasn't myself. What I was speaking of was rather us as a nation altogether. I don't why people didn't understand that and instead think I was lying and that it was a way to ad hom me and my point rather than try to prove me wrong with truths...

Old 12-25-2020, 09:24 PM

35,511 posts, read 17,421,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
What's weird in this case is that Trump did not participate in the negotiations at all. Then, after the Dems and the Repubs fought it out in the actual negotiations, and came to a hard-fought compromise, NOW Trump inserts himself saying the $600 stimulus should be $2,000! Of course, the Dems wanted a bigger stimulus all along, but the Repubs were the ones who negotiated it down to $600. What exactly is Trump doing here, trying to "make friends" with the American people? I'm thinking it's too late for that!
A compromise that takes from the powerless and gives to the powerful. Bah humbug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies