Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 03:16 AM

68,364 posts, read 54,576,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
“We’ve all been had”

Why are you presenting yourself as a Trump supporter who has just supposedly woken up?

Seems to me that if you never backed Trump in the first place, how can “we” have been had in the first place?

I don’t know a single person who voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted for Biden. Based on this, I’m certainly not going to believe any anonymous person on this site who claims they changed their vote, so save it.

Here’s my take: Trump is far from perfect, he’s made plenty of mistakes since taking office, but I still would never in a million years vote for a Democrat.

Dems are an existential threat to this country and I will vote against them until I die.

I would never in a million years vote for a party whose only purpose is defeating the 'other' party over a person. I'd vote for someone I believe possesses character and integrity whom I may not agree with on some issues over someone who'll tell me whatever I want to hear just to get a vote. Jim Webb was a candidate I was very sorry to see never get any traction, I thought him a trustworthy man and he's been a member of both major parties. I've never joined either and never will, but I would join a party with a viable plan to destroy both the Ds and the Rs. I believe our inane Us vs.Them two party system is a great threat to the future of this country. And I thought Trump a grifter both as a (D) and an (R).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 03:23 AM

6,236 posts, read 3,445,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I would never in a million years vote for a party whose only purpose is defeating the 'other' party over a person. I'd vote for someone I believe possesses character and integrity whom I may not agree with on some issues over someone who'll tell me whatever I want to hear just to get a vote. Jim Webb was a candidate I was very sorry to see never get any traction, I thought him a trustworthy man and he's been a member of both major parties. I've never joined either and never will, but I would join a party with a viable plan to destroy both the Ds and the Rs. I believe our inane Us vs.Them two party system is a great threat to the future of this country. And I thought Trump a grifter both as a (D) and an (R).
I’m definitely open to moving to a new party as well. I’m old enough to have liked Perot’s run. But

I consider Republicans as the lesser of two evils, which is a far cry from being a devoted supporter.

For me, it has nothing to do with Trump. I don’t consider myself a Trump supporter, I consider myself a Democrat hater.

Old 12-25-2020, 05:47 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,041,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
What mystique? He’s never been a great negotiator.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:07 AM

24,460 posts, read 23,156,696 times
He's sticking it to the status quo and the hog globalists and ruling moneyed elite while giving the ordinary americans a little something extra. Sure he's grandstanding but that's way more than Usurper Joe would do. He'd only make his X on whatever they put in front of him.
We're going to miss having a guy that stood up to these DC trash when we have a senile toady and his skank sidekick sititng there screwing us over.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:10 AM

35,336 posts, read 17,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He's sticking it to the status quo and the hog globalists and ruling moneyed elite while giving the ordinary americans a little something extra. Sure he's grandstanding but that's way more than Usurper Joe would do. He'd only make his X on whatever they put in front of him.
We're going to miss having a guy that stood up to these DC trash when we have a senile toady and his skank sidekick sititng there screwing us over.
Yes. I'll miss that. His statement about the Covid bill being his disgrace may be his truest and finest ever.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:13 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,213,434 times
Please Trump a con look at our congress they gave us 600 while they threw money away they don’t care about us, when are people going to get mad at them, demand more! It’s time to make congress work for the people not other countries...

Old 12-25-2020, 06:19 AM

35,336 posts, read 17,245,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Please Trump a con look at our congress they gave us 600 while they threw money away they don’t care about us, when are people going to get mad at them, demand more! It’s time to make congress work for the people not other countries...
I would make the Congresspeople that supported these idiotic ideas take a six-month sabbatical in Sudan or Pakistan. I wonder how Adam Schiff or Nanci Pelosi would do there.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:23 AM

59,428 posts, read 27,577,910 times
Quote:
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
Thank you for your VERY biased "opinion, which is a all this is.

Old 12-25-2020, 06:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,775,709 times
The Trumpistas are loyal for life. They kiss his feet as he fiddles. Rome is burning and they blame everyone else except the clown in charge. If El Trumpo wanted to give us 2000 smackers each he would have. Instead he is playing passive aggressive

Old 12-25-2020, 07:04 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,919,512 times
Quote:

That's YOUR opinion! What's your thoughts on giving hundreds of BILLIONS to foreign countries, the Kennedy Center, and poorly-run Democrat cities and states that are fiscally irresponsible???? Money that should be strictly for Covid relief? How much credit have you given Trump for ALL the Good he has done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies