Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 11:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,970,614 times

Advertisements

I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 11:47 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,640,620 times
People could use $2 grand this most wonderful time of year. perhaps he wll be remembered most for this grand and generous gesture from the richest country in the world. perhaps he will be remembered most for doing so and win over the hearts and minds of the most strident grumpy grumps.

Old 12-24-2020, 11:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had.
Who is "we"? I was never fooled, not for a single minute. I knew he was a con artist before he even entered the Presidential race.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:03 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,771,857 times
What mystique? The whole Northeast knows he is a fraud

Old 12-25-2020, 12:19 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,539,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post

And knew it 40+ years ago!

Old 12-25-2020, 12:22 AM

24,765 posts, read 9,559,912 times
He negotiated his way into the Whitehouse as the first outsider, I'd say his mystique is still there.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:38 AM

6,766 posts, read 3,389,109 times
If you think Trump is a con artist, he isn't the only one. There are plenty of them in DC and they all reside in the House & Senate. Pelosi is trying to con you into paying billions of dollars (that we don't have) for her stupid pet projects. Con you into paying for a border wall in Jordan while conning you into thinking we don't need one here.

Creepy fragile Biden is trying to con you into thinking he's going to come through on his empty campaign promises. He's already changed his positions on immigration & energy. And let's not forget the ultimate con of his ties to China. Or maybe we should just say lies.

So the bottom line is that there is no shortage of con artists out there, and that includes your liberal governors & mayors that are conning you into lockdowns and believing they're looking after your best interests while they wine & dine at fancy places and spend weekends at Cabo. The joke is on you if you believe a word of any of it.

Old 12-25-2020, 12:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,667,203 times
If you recall, back when Trump was threatening to keep the Govt shut down for months or even years...it took exactly 30 days for him to cave! LOL At that point, his weakness was on display for all to see!

His word is totally worthless as well....Lets just say, I wouldnt feel comfortable loaning him $20.!!

Old 12-25-2020, 01:05 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,970,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
People could use $2 grand this most wonderful time of year. perhaps he wll be remembered most for this grand and generous gesture from the richest country in the world. perhaps he will be remembered most for doing so and win over the hearts and minds of the most strident grumpy grumps.
I don't deny that people do NEED more than the $600 offered in the bill. I do wish it was $1,200. I would roughly breakeven there actually from lost wages and lost hours. That said, how do we honestly expect the Republicans that thought $1,200 was too much would actually be for giving us $2,000? Hello? McFly! Think McFly! I see through this even if I appreciate the gesture. That said he pretty much blew up the bill to get it and force even more Americans to worry over the next two weeks about what comes next. Evictions, bankruptcies and foreclosures just don't go away off of people's credit history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Who is "we"? I was never fooled, not for a single minute. I knew he was a con artist before he even entered the Presidential race.
Oh I knew too. That said I think this should wake up those that do not or have not thought it before. That is besides his zombie followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I knew that, I'm originally from Long Island. My father, a lifelong Republican knew that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And knew it 40+ years ago!
Are you a northeaster by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
He negotiated his way into the Whitehouse as the first outsider, I'd say his mystique is still there.
I largely think that will be untrue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If you think Trump is a con artist, he isn't the only one. There are plenty of them in DC and they all reside in the House & Senate. Pelosi is trying to con you into paying billions of dollars (that we don't have) for her stupid pet projects. Con you into paying for a border wall in Jordan while conning you into thinking we don't need one here.

Creepy fragile Biden is trying to con you into thinking he's going to come through on his empty campaign promises. He's already changed his positions on immigration & energy. And let's not forget the ultimate con of his ties to China. Or maybe we should just say lies.

So the bottom line is that there is no shortage of con artists out there, and that includes your liberal governors & mayors that are conning you into lockdowns and believing they're looking after your best interests while they wine & dine at fancy places and spend weekends at Cabo. The joke is on you if you believe a word of any of it.
Trump may not be the only, but he is the most important. I don't get the continuous deflections to others. I'm not saying Pelosi is great, she has faults.

As for what was included as the "pet projects" it was what would be in not the stimulus but rather the omnibus spending bill. To save time on the arguments over both bills, the COVID stimulus was put into the omnibus spending bill. The aide that has been used as an argument against the stimulus, was from the omnibus spending bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you recall, back when Trump was threatening to keep the Govt shut down for months or even years...it took exactly 30 days for him to cave! LOL At that point, his weakness was on display for all to see!

His word is totally worthless as well....Lets just say, I wouldnt feel comfortable loaning him $20.!!
Well yeah, this is not the first time Trump blustered about a bill. However, I think this one since it hits the American public where it hurts, dinner table economics. Anyone who doesn't realize the incompetence of Trump are truly brain-dead zombies and have been poisoned.

Old 12-25-2020, 01:07 AM

648 posts, read 434,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't think there is any other way to say it, but Donald J. Trump is a con-artist. We've all been had. He made us believe that he was a great negotiator. He played off of the views of many in the conservative base of the government should be run like a business. However, after the events in the past 72 hours, it is clear he lied to us all and he is not a great negotiator. Donald J. Trump is not a leader, he is a fraud.

Let's put it into prospective. Trump pulled out of talks for Covid relief first in October, not long after he returned from Covid treatment at Walter Reid Medical Center. Trump would have Sec. Mnuchin enter and leave talks several times in the next two months. For all intents and purposes, Trump and Mnuchin were not involved in any of the talks in the past week and a half. They were not involved when it was tacked onto the ongoing government budget bill. Trump had every opportunity to fight for this, he chose not to until it was voted and on his desk awaiting signature.

Now look at what Republicans have done and think if we will see the $2,000 stimulus happen. Friday Sen. Johnson shot down the 1,200 payments to Americans getting us to the $600 that Trump thinks is unacceptable. Now I don't like the $600 either, but I would be better off with $600 versus nothing. Nothing, being what we are at right now until a deal is made or Trump signs it. The House Republicans are keeping the $2,000 in limbo by deciding not to have unanimous consent for the amendment. I believe it also has to go to the Senate, but I'm not quite sure.

The worst part is he has put many Americans into danger of financial ruin they will not come back from due to his political brinksmanship along with Republican opposition while he left town to golf. Americans making less than 75K as an individual will not get $600 and couples making less than 150K together will not get $1,200. On December 26th, the $300 unemployment booster runs dry. In just over a week, federal evictions could take place. All the while, Trump is being a big shot in Mar-a-lago playing golf and eating his turkey, goose, duck, whatever.

Trump has screwed over Americans and I hope we don't forget this if he does run again in 2024. America First my ass.
Blah blah blah, another TDS patient crying out for help. There is help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies