Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 03:11 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,541,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Yeah me too, fortunately I don't. I live in one of the most Conservative counties in Arizona, whatever happens elsewhere I don't see that changing anytime soon. My wife and I always say if the SHTF this is exactly where we want to be. We're both proud of our adopted state and grateful to the people who have kept it that way.
I have to laugh at this. Five years ago my partner and I were living in a very conservative county in Texas. As we stood in line to vote, the guy registering people to vote asks the guy in front of me, “republican or democrat?”, the guy in front laughed and said, “ this is _________ county isn’t it, Republican!”. You should have seen the look on his face when both my partner and I then announced “Democrat”. In five years time, that once steadfast conservative Texas county is quickly changing. We are now in a very red southern state, the streets loaded with Trump signs. My new neighbors complain about “Yankees moving down and trying to change everything”. I just smile. We live in a mobile country. Anyone who thinks their state or town is reliably set to support one party over time is deluding themselves. Most of us do not choose where we live based on politics. I got along fine with my conservative neighbors in Texas and expect to do the same here but then, I never discuss politics. I actually had a neighbor in Texas tell me, “I don’t approve of your so called gay marriage”. My reply was, “ you don’t have to, to be a good neighbor”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 04:05 AM

4,938 posts, read 2,084,195 times
Quote:
Indeed you are 100% correct.

What I find amazing is how the Left are all calling for unity now that Biden and the Democrats have stolen the election? I think that we should reward them with the same amount of unity that they afforded Trump, the Republicans and their supporters.

Unify and compromise with them? Like hell.
Pretty much, that’s my stance on Biden and anything he tries to change.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:14 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,664,972 times
Media, Social Media, Entertainment and the Democrats want division and hate so they INVENT things that people obsess over and are outraged about.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:36 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,197,256 times
It’s biblical. And will get worse. Gods in control. It’s beyond hate. It’s individuals even. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy. “ I see it constantly. We are shunning God and his holiness.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:53 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,532,957 times
Quote:
Indeed you are 100% correct.

What I find amazing is how the Left are all calling for unity now that Biden and the Democrats have stolen the election? I think that we should reward them with the same amount of unity that they afforded Trump, the Republicans and their supporters.

Unify and compromise with them? Like hell.
The other thing is that their “call for unity” means they don’t want to hear any conservative opinions or concerns. A neighbor told me how happy she is that Biden won, with the expectation that I agree with her, and when I gently said that I have some concerns, she snapped, “I don’t want to hear them.” THAT is how you build unity? By shutting down anyone who disagrees with you?

Old 12-26-2020, 04:55 AM

34,286 posts, read 18,664,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The other thing is that their “call for unity” means they don’t want to hear any conservative opinions or concerns. A neighbor told me how happy she is that Biden won, with the expectation that I agree with her, and when I gently said that I have some concerns, she snapped, “I don’t want to hear them.” THAT is how you build unity? By shutting down anyone who disagrees with you?
When Democrats say they "want a conversation " that means they want to lecture you in an attempt to force you to agree. If you don't they will call you racist, sexist and homophobic among other things.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:56 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,349,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Easiest answer ever.

The Media

Old 12-26-2020, 05:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,532,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When Democrats say they "want a conversation " that means they want to lecture you in an attempt to force you to agree. If you don't they will call you racist, sexist and homophobic among other things.
One of them called me a Nazi sympathizer, knowing full well I’m Jewish. They will say the worst thing they can think of to punish you for not bowing to the alter of liberalism.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:24 AM

24,770 posts, read 9,563,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Bingo, and if you're a person of color who wants to be conservative or GOP, you'll be called a sellout and Uncle Tom.

Nothing like the intolerance of the "tolerant left" to make sure America stays divisive.

Oh and if your store gets looted or burned down, they call it collateral damage.

Old 12-26-2020, 05:48 AM

24,055 posts, read 15,168,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I have to laugh at this. Five years ago my partner and I were living in a very conservative county in Texas. As we stood in line to vote, the guy registering people to vote asks the guy in front of me, “republican or democrat?”, the guy in front laughed and said, “ this is _________ county isn’t it, Republican!”. You should have seen the look on his face when both my partner and I then announced “Democrat”. In five years time, that once steadfast conservative Texas county is quickly changing. We are now in a very red southern state, the streets loaded with Trump signs. My new neighbors complain about “Yankees moving down and trying to change everything”. I just smile. We live in a mobile country. Anyone who thinks their state or town is reliably set to support one party over time is deluding themselves. Most of us do not choose where we live based on politics. I got along fine with my conservative neighbors in Texas and expect to do the same here but then, I never discuss politics. I actually had a neighbor in Texas tell me, “I don’t approve of your so called gay marriage”. My reply was, “ you don’t have to, to be a good neighbor”.
When did Texas get same day registration?

You may have been in line to vote in a primary and were asked your affiliation so the guy would know where to direct you. One does not declare their party affiliation when registering. Only when they vote in a primary.

Last edited by crone; 12-26-2020 at 06:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies