Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 07:39 AM

70 posts, read 31,200 times

Advertisements

I think it’s pretty obvious.

Your typical *** will do what’s right in a given situation. They’ll comfort a random child in distress. They’ll take a plate of cookies to the widower next door. They’ll shovel their elderly neighbors’ steps if they’re already out shoveling their own.

Your typical *** doesn’t give a damn one way or the other. They just care about themselves.

Now... if you’re willing to insert “conservative” or “liberal” into either of those “***” above, then you have the answer to why there’s so much hate in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 07:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,523,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Bingo, and if you're a person of color who wants to be conservative or GOP, you'll be called a sellout and Uncle Tom.

Nothing like the intolerance of the "tolerant left" to make sure America stays divisive.

Oh and if your store gets looted or burned down, they call it collateral damage.
Precisely. I’m not sure who is more vilified - a black conservative or a Jewish conservative. Pretty bad for both, from what I’ve seen and experienced.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:08 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Maybe the time has come when the issue of race could benefit from a quiet period to allow the hate to subside. The subject and the forum has been too much taken over to hysterics, paranoids, and self-interested parties on all sides who benefit from the discord. We need a period when progress continues and racial rhetoric fades.
So now that Trump is out of office all the moderates and people on the right should just pretend that the left didn't use race the entire Trump presidency? Is that now the plan? As a white male moderate over the age of 50, I can assure you that the amount of racial divide tactics used by the left isn't going to just magically disappear! A lot of damage by the left and I CERTAINLY would NEVER trust my old party. Yes, I was a democrat my whole voting life until a few months ago.

What is sad is the black minority is just along for the ride. Mostly white women are to blame for shoving so much racial divide crap down people's throat. That ALL started when the leftists told everyone that voted for Trump racists. Are we to forget that now? Is that how it works? I know a lot of people that voted for Trump and they are NOT racist at all. Most are labor or business owners. Most aren't those liberal college grads running around complaining about everything all day.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:08 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,015,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Multi cultural and multi ethnic countries don’t have a good track record. Hopefully, the US can be successful and not become another Yugoslavia.
Best read up on the unification of all of the European countries.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:10 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,367,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
One of them called me a Nazi sympathizer, knowing full well I’m Jewish. They will say the worst thing they can think of to punish you for not bowing to the alter of liberalism.
That just goes to show how ignorant and racist they truly are. Everything that they accuse other's of is a reflection of their ideology.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,020,924 times
I trace the real elevation of hate when Trump got elected and the left told everyone that if you voted for Trump you ARE a racist! That has been their narrative for the past 4 years and with all those protests, riots, burning and looting like a non-stop temper tantrum, I think that really has people divided and pretty darn angry! It would be nice if these crazy protesting left would just be quiet for a while and take a break, but they won't.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:16 AM

30,319 posts, read 23,800,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
I blame the education system. No critical thinking being taught, no reading comprehension, no opposing views allowed, even joking seems to be trashed because someone might get offended and zero tolerance policy, no appreciation of what we have, and a whole bunch of “but I feel...”

Add in the mspropaganda machine, some paid actors to stir up the emotions of the stupid - what do you expect?

We’ve been successfully infiltrated. And everyone is too dumb to realize it.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:36 AM

6,147 posts, read 4,627,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
They may move in, but I doubt they'll want to stay long.
What exactly do you mean by this? Please elaborate.

I find it confusing as to why someone would want to get in a political confrontation with a neighbor to make an enemy with someone who lives close to you. There may be some emergency where you'd need to look after each other. Maybe you're just in a bad neighborhood or a neighborhood where people have their own fortified kingdoms where no one has anything to do with anyone else, but that doesn't sound like a way to live.

I can say where I am now, for the most part, people tend to help out their neighbor and don't really do it or not based on their politics. And where I am now is not even the best experience of neighborliness out of the places I've lived before. Some of my neighbors have had political signs of candidates I abhor and I obviously don't think we'd be of like minds politically and that may be an impediment to us having the deepest of friendships. But guess what? If they're polite and friendly to me, I'm gonna be polite and friendly to them and try to find something in common other than politics. I think that's a better way to live.

Last edited by Jowel; 12-26-2020 at 09:17 AM..

Old 12-26-2020, 08:50 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Obama
You are correct in that Obama put the progressive agenda in high gear. The plan was for Hillary to carry forward his radical agenda but Trump was the fly in the ointment that they didn't plan for. Many powerful people who's names aren't well known to the general public were threatened by Trump's exposure of just how dirty the underside of Washington D.C. is.

As others have noted, social media plays a big part also. Then you have the MSM which is has a collective left skewed message and no longer covers news events. They create more news than they actually report.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:57 AM

17,834 posts, read 13,750,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
One of them called me a Nazi sympathizer, knowing full well I’m Jewish. They will say the worst thing they can think of to punish you for not bowing to the alter of liberalism.
That's silly. You are way more of a Weimar Republic type of girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies