Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 01:11 PM

27,708 posts, read 28,825,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I wasn't speaking to people who disagree; I was speaking to people who stereotype groups of people (as a reason for hate, confrontation and spite)
Why should the United States allow the perpetual entry of millions of uneducated illegal aliens from third world countries?

Of what benefit is that to the United States or to American citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 01:49 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,401,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why should the United States allow the perpetual entry of millions of uneducated illegal aliens from third world countries?

Of what benefit is that to the United States or to American citizens?
Maids, nannies, hotel cleaners, landscaping, grass cutters, painters, car washers, meat and chicken processing plant work (really nasty, smelly work), picking vegetables and fruits.

Do you or any of your family want to do these tasks?? (At very low wages, I might add.)

Old 12-31-2020, 01:52 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,117,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Maids, nannies, hotel cleaners, landscaping, grass cutters, painters, car washers, meat and chicken processing plant work (really nasty, smelly work), picking vegetables and fruits.

Do you or any of your family want to do these tasks??
How many is enough? 10 million more? 100 million more? How about a billion?

I compete with some of these people directly and if they weren't in my particular industry (which isn't that tough) who knows how much mor I'd be making?

Old 12-31-2020, 01:58 PM

18,503 posts, read 15,322,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post

More spiteful stereotyping re: groups of people which (again) speaks to my point.

Proving my point that you have redefined and diminished the meaning of the word “hate”, likely due to the stereotypical reasons I gave in the previous post.

I did notice that there was no denial.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
How many is enough? 10 million more? 100 million more? How about a billion?

I compete with some of these people directly and if they weren't in my particular industry (which isn't that tough) who knows how much mor I'd be making?
A few years ago it was estimated that there were ~12 million undocumented in this country.

Don’t think your business is big enough to replace all these. There is a need and they fill it. Perhaps your prices are too high?

Old 12-31-2020, 02:01 PM

63,194 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
A few years ago it was estimated that there were ~12 million undocumented in this country.

Don’t think your business is big enough to replace all these. There is a need and they fill it. Perhaps your prices are too high?
No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. So to keep prices down we should allow people to hire illegal aliens which is against the law and it's ok for illegal aliens to jump our border illegally? The only need they fill is to make the rich, richer while the rest of us get the shaft in so many ways.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:02 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,653,701 times
If we all stopped going online, would we know what people's political and social views are? I wouldn't. I work in a small biz and none of us talk about it because we know it leads to arguments and division. Same with my friends. We stick to neutral small talk. Relationships are more important, and I hate confrontation and friction.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:03 PM

63,194 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:

Do you or any of your family want to do these tasks?? (At very low wages, I might add.)
Americans have always done those jobs for a fair wage until millions of cheap illegal aliens flooded our border and they cost us over $100 billion a year! As for picking crops we have unlimited visas for those jobs. Try again!

Old 12-31-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. So to keep prices down we should allow people to hire illegal aliens which is against the law and it's ok for illegal aliens to jump our border illegally? The only need they fill is to make the rich, richer while the rest of us get the shaft in so many ways.
Most rich people are Republicans!

Old 12-31-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then why don’t you Repubs go for comprehensive immigration reform? Trump hires illegals in his hotels in FL. Maybe you should write him a letter? Oops, better hurry. Jan. 20 will soon be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies