Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 10:02 AM

18,491 posts, read 15,298,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Reality is that ownership won't change. I acknowledge that. But, the USA has not acknowledged the genocide it perpetuated AS A COUNTRY to take those lands. Unlike Germany, which not only acknowledged the genocide against the Jews and others, but paid billions in reparations to the State of Israel. What reparations has the USA paid??
Germany paid reparations that went to the living survivors of the atrocities they perpetuated upon them. Reparations can not be paid to ancestors of victims or else EVERYONE on the planet would be due reparations. If you can find some living victims, by all means, compensate them generously.

If I lose all my money, through bad investments, or theft, ore whatever, my children will have no inheritance, and my future grandchildren will suffer for that. They are not OWED anything. They have to start from scratch. That is just the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 10:04 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,609,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Wow. Just, wow! Your country remains part of the commonwealth that has conquered more land than any other country on the planet.

And don't take this as criticism of the British Empire. They were just doing what has been done throughout history. Their only fault is being better at it than most. But you have to see how hypocritical this all sounds coming from you.
Do you realize the Commonwealth is like an OAS or UN? The British invented the concentration camps in South Africa Hilter used as a model. They were brutal. But... they did abide by the treaties and the Royal Proclamation of 1763 was issued by King George III.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Toot toot toot TOOT!!

Here’s normstad, the board Canadian, back to blow his moral horn at modern-day Americans for centuries-old affairs.

Your First Nations people have problems, normstad. You should concern yourself with that.

I do. Recognizing genocide of them is not one of the problems.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,523,930 times
Quote:
[/b]

I do. Recognizing genocide of them is not one of the problems.
Americans don’t owe you a thing. Nothing.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Americans don’t owe you a thing. Nothing.
Oh, you are absolutely correct. Not a thing personally. But, denying genocide is not an admirable trait. In Germany, people go to jail for doing so. Are you denying the genocide of First Nations by the American government?

Old 01-02-2021, 11:09 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,687,471 times
I really cannot understand why you are so focused on yesterday when we really need to look forward. Please, get some help.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:18 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,107,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I really cannot understand why you are so focused on yesterday when we really need to look forward. Please, get some help.
This is what Leftists do. They think all white people in particular need to feel collective guilt for things a few white people did in the past. A lot of my ancestors weren't even on tihs continent until around 1900 but somehow I am supposed to feel guilty for slavery (in a state that didn't even have it, mind you) or what happened to some Natives.

Yet when a white person today applies collective guilt to, say, blacks, as all being low IQ or prone to criminal behavior, they throw a hissy fit. But it's no different than what they do (perhaps less divisive than Leftists, however).

And then Leftists have the nerve to wonder why there is hatred today in the world (when I would say for the most part they are the perpetrators of hate).

Old 01-02-2021, 11:21 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,523,930 times
Quote:
Oh, you are absolutely correct. Not a thing personally. But, denying genocide is not an admirable trait. In Germany, people go to jail for doing so. Are you denying the genocide of First Nations by the American government?
Do you really think your average American gives a crap what you, a Canadian Guy, thinks of them for not flagellating themselves over 150 year-old history? You’re clinically insane if you really believe that you are this important.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:44 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,229,705 times
Quote:
Define genocide. And are all the claims of genocide true?

When most people hear the word genocide, they think murder. But genocide can just as easily be carried out through cultural and political means.

If you define genocide as the cultural destruction of the indigenous peoples, then the United States definitely committed genocide. But the claims of mass murder by the US government are almost always bull****. The policy of the US government towards the natives has always been assimilation. The natives didn't want to be assimilated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
They think all white people in particular need to feel collective guilt for things a few white people did in the past.
White-guilt is just a tactic used by the left. In America they complain about slavery. In Europe they complain about colonialism, or the holocaust, or whatever. I'm sure similar things are used in Asian and Latin-American countries.

But leftists don't care about black people, they merely use them as a political means to an end.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Do you really think your average American gives a crap what you, a Canadian Guy, thinks of them for not flagellating themselves over 150 year-old history? You’re clinically insane if you really believe that you are this important.
Apparently you are an average American who doesn't care about their countries history of genocide. Are you denying it happened or just don't care that it did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies