Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 12:35 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How did I learn about all of this past history if not through my schooling? So WTH is he talking about that we aren't acknowledging history? Those people are all dead now anyway including those in our government back then so WTH does the past have to do with those of us alive today? My ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's well past any conflicts with the Amerindians.

I seriously doubt that poster is a Canadian. He's probably one of those Reconquista loons.
He ain’t right. The more he blathers on here the more it becomes apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 12:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,276 times
Quote:
How did I learn about all of this past history if not through my schooling? So WTH is he talking about that we aren't acknowledging history? Those people are all dead now anyway including those in our government back then so WTH does the past have to do with those of us alive today? My ancestors didn't even come here till the early 1900's well past any conflicts with the Amerindians.

I seriously doubt that poster is a Canadian. He's probably one of those Reconquista loons.
Nah it's true ... he's a lousy canadian with no stake in our past present or future.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Different peoples had to do the same thing - whether it's the British, the Spanish, the Aztecs, the Romans, the Chinese among many others. They had to wipe people out in order to establish their dominions.
This is 100% true. Although "had to" implies they were forced. If I said "I had to kill my neighbor so I could take his house because he wasn't taking care of it", seems a bit crazy doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Maybe killing is not right in some moral sense during normal times. But it is what people have had to do to survive when faced with an enemy. Kill or be killed. Either you kill the savage or you end up getting scalped by him. You often have to choose one or the other.
This is a bit of a fallacy, but the basic logic isn't completely wrong. The Europeans didn't steal the native lands to defend themselves from the natives, but from each other.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Nah it's true ... he's a lousy canadian with no stake in our past present or future.
Seal denier.

I particularly enjoy how he tries a weak-knee defense that seal killing stopped thirty years ago (which is a lie) and yet he’s harassing Americans here for 150 year-old history.

Dude is light on reality.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:44 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Glorifying the 1950's (or pretending things haven't changed) isn't the answer; I'm certainly not 'demonizing' anything/anyone by accepting the reality (and effects) of technology - and education, for that matter.

That said, the thread isn't to debate globalization; rather, it's asking/addressing the current climate re: so much hate. It's clear the (lack of) acceptance to technology/globalization (and where we're headed), as a whole, is certainly part of that. So much so, in fact, many are riled/arguing it in the thread (rather than rationally discussing the thread topic in and of itself), which (more than) clearly demonstrates my point.
Where did I "glorify" the 50's? I said there were some good things about it just as any other decade. I also said the racism of the 50's was a negative. Did you miss that part or just ignore it?

You're demonizing those of who oppose the negative aspects of globalization by using the word hate. Why is that?

The so-called hate or objection today is mostly the differing political, society and cultural views. We are too far divided these days and one of the reasons is people like you who equate a differing view to "hate". You need to learn the difference between objection and hate but I doubt you'd even try.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:45 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Many here deny the genocide that happened. The question is why?
Serious question:

Blacks have committed hundreds of thousands of acts of hate against whites in America. Rape, murder, assault - most of it hate crimes. Natives did unspeakable horror to their fellow man before Europeans even got here. Some tribes welcomed Europeans, they were so afraid of their fellow Natives.

Why don't you demand they, as groups of people, collectively, feel guilty?

Why is it only whites as a group must be dehumanized by the likes of you and most Leftists today in America?

Old 01-02-2021, 12:46 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
No, I think I'm spot on. Why would any Canadian demonize the U.S. over a long ago past that had nothing to do with them anyway? That would be a Reconquista type. Don't be fooled.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Seal denier.

I particularly enjoy how he tries a weak-knee defense that seal killing stopped thirty years ago (which is a lie) and yet he’s harassing Americans here for 150 year-old history.

Dude is light on reality.
Apologizing for stuff that happened 150 yrs ago is contemptible. Anybody who does that is a spineless worm with no self respect. I don't expect the son of a WWII Nazi to apologize for the holocaust. The sins of the father are not handed down genetically to be the sins of the son. People like this oddly hectoring canadian need to be told where to get off.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
No, I think I'm spot on. Why would any Canadian demonize the U.S. over a long ago past that had nothing to do with them anyway? That would be a Reconquista type. Don't be fooled.
I happen to know he's a canadian. There's no point in arguing this. Go look at his post history. Hell, go ask him. Or don't ... he's like a vegan. How do you know who the vegan in the room is? Wait five minutes and they'll tell you.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times
Quote:

Normstad is a Canadian - of German ancestry. I believe he was born in Germany. The country that systematically tried to wipe out an entire race of people and take over the world -- a genocide that ended a mere 75 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies