Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2020, 04:05 PM

17,832 posts, read 13,631,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
When partially closed, my state averaged about 18 - 20 cases a day.
Once the stated opened up - average is about 700-1,000 a day.

My local Veterans Home had zero cases up until November. Now 43 veterans dead. Oh, right, they were old.
Yet 32 staff got Covid. They will be fine though as they are mostly younger, right?

And who really cares about old veterans.

I care. Thank you for your service

We are so close to the end, don't screw it up now. We will see a massive increase in COVID and deaths after selfish people who know it all and are traveling for Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 04:09 PM

17,832 posts, read 13,631,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
It is interesting that people are drawing comparisons between WWII and today. In WWII, there was a clear, defined goal and end game. The war would end once Germany and Japan surrendered. Wartime measures would end as soon as possible after the last shot was fired.

With this virus, there is no definition of victory and we are being told that pandemic measures might become permanent. We were told that 60-70% needed to be vaccinated to end the pandemic. Than is was 70-80%. Now it is at 90% which is an almost impossible goal to achieve. There are new strains of the virus developing and it is possible that multiple strains develop which our current vaccine cannot protect us from that will mean new vaccines will be required for each strain. This pandemic is basically an endless war.

This shouldn't be compared to WWll. It needs to be compared to the Great Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1018!

People let down their guard and the disease spiked!

https://www.history.com/topics/world...8-flu-pandemic

Disaster Medicine...

1918 Influenza Pandemic: A United States Timeline

https://www.acep.org/how-we-serve/se...ates-timeline/

Old 12-27-2020, 04:15 PM

26,659 posts, read 13,859,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This shouldn't be compared to WWll. It needs to be compared to the Great Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1018!

People let down their guard and the disease spiked!

https://www.history.com/topics/world...8-flu-pandemic

Disaster Medicine...

1918 Influenza Pandemic: A United States Timeline

https://www.acep.org/how-we-serve/se...ates-timeline/
We’ve had treatment all along. No need for any of this hysteria.

Scientific evidence supporting the use of Ivermectin

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...n-COVID-19.pdf[/quote]

Old 12-27-2020, 05:41 PM

21,098 posts, read 13,688,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Isn't this sad, how wimpy we have become?

My parents were part of "The Greatest Generation".

My father, dead 11 years, fought in Patton's army in Europe.

My mother (age 93, but blind) was a young girl during WWII. She remembers.

That war lasted 4 years (for us). My parent's generation learned to do without during that period, as part of the war effort. A look at history (or, better, if you can talk to someone that lived through it, like I can with my mother, and like I did with my father) can educate you.

Back then, people did without things. Those at home were rationed to three gallons of gas per week; they were rationed on meats, potatoes, etc. No new appliances. Rationed on sugar, coffee, cigarettes, cheese, canned goods, etc.

It was tough living, even for those that weren't in Europe or the Pacific theater being maimed or killed.

Now? Your country asks you to wear a mask.

And you can't do even that.

Pathetic.
I have no trouble wearing a mask, I have trouble with sending businesses under.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:44 PM

21,098 posts, read 13,688,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
conveniently left out the part about businesses closing....people being out of work....landlords not collecting rent...etc
Exactly

Old 12-27-2020, 10:14 PM

17,905 posts, read 7,118,547 times
Lockdown fatigue is an issue with Americans, not Democrats. Democrats are happy to continue this insanity forever. Hopefully people remember this at the ballot box.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:21 AM

48,716 posts, read 35,250,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Lockdown fatigue is an issue with Americans, not Democrats. Democrats are happy to continue this insanity forever. Hopefully people remember this at the ballot box.
Yeah, the Dems in UK, Germany, Sweden, South Korea, Japan, France, Australia, New Zealand, Israel.

All those places our US Democrats run.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-28-2020, 04:30 AM

6,931 posts, read 2,408,465 times
"Like an iron fist in a velvet glove; we are sheltered under the gun"

Old 12-28-2020, 04:44 AM

4,138 posts, read 4,554,221 times
I do sympathize with businesses struggling or shutting down entirely, as well as the unemployed. The consequences of Covid have been economically devastating more many. That said, although I try to support local restaurants by buying more take out then ever before, I am not about to risk my health by ignoring social distancing recommendations and will continue to wear a mask when I have to venture out. Yeah, it sucks that our social lives have suffered but in the big scheme of things, it’s hardly the catastrophe that many’s would like us to believe. The crisis is economic, not people who are annoyed that they cannot socialize as they are accustomed to. So many seem to feel that because they are unafraid of becoming infected, that it is okay for them to spread that infection to others, some of whom will suffer long term health issues or even death.

Old 12-28-2020, 04:50 AM

34,390 posts, read 18,774,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, the Dems in UK, Germany, Sweden, South Korea, Japan, France, Australia, New Zealand, Israel.

All those places our US Democrats run.
They're worse. Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies