Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2020, 12:55 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,664,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And many have better success in reopening their economies. See New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam.
You conveniently left out all the European countries that were supposedly managing the virus better than the US 6 months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 12:55 PM

48,641 posts, read 35,131,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
What about the Spanish flu? It killed 650 000 people back when the US population was around 105 million at that era.

Vlogger timcast posted a vlog about people snapping and refusing to comply with lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJbP8mPcqw

Meanwhile in the UK, one journalist named Julia Hartley-Brewer is under the target of an angry mob for saying "...it shouldn’t justify the shutdown of the economy and the house arrest of the entire country."
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/u...sick-die-covid

Btw, will some folks wants to ban vitamin D after they read that article from the Boston Globe who mentionned then vitamin D will lower the risk of having covid if they get vitamin D? https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09...ersity-doctor/

Over 2 years. We are like 9 months in. Plus, you would think we would know more medically by now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-28-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
You conveniently left out all the European countries that were supposedly managing the virus better than the US 6 months ago.
There numbers are still much better than ours per capita overall.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:06 PM

38,933 posts, read 24,010,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And if it goes on and on, more families on the streets...no jobs, no money for rents, for food for anything...this is America 2020, not 80 yrs ago. The rich they are just fine as always...

And I choose NOT to wear a mask, my choice, I'm not out there coughing and sneezing on the herds of people...and others should not cough and sneeze on others....and distance if that makes you feel comfortable...
Not really. Your choice becomes my problem. It isn't just coughing and sneezing on people but normal talking and yelling too. When I wear a mask but not you, you aren't protecting everyone else as much as you aren't protecting yourself. I don't know why people don't understand that their rights end where another begins with the masks.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:14 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,870,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Not really. Your choice becomes my problem. It isn't just coughing and sneezing on people but normal talking and yelling too. When I wear a mask but not you, you aren't protecting everyone else as much as you aren't protecting yourself. I don't know why people don't understand that their rights end where another begins with the masks.
I don't BUY all what you have said and what "they" keep telling us about this NEW VIRUS, but yet coronavirus is around for years.....do you quarentine when you get a good old cornavirus cold and do you wear a mask when you get a cold.

Personal responsibility is what we NEED to do to keep strong and healthy. I don't count on a mask....probably in a surgical situation if I were a doc or nurse, I'd wear a mask, that is long long long time policy....

And I have never talked and yelled into anyone's face...You???

It's all being made up on "what to do" since day 1 of all this.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:17 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,664,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There numbers are still much better than ours per capita overall.
No, they are not.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:22 PM

13,704 posts, read 9,807,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I agree about hardship. We are some of the most fortunate people on earth...all things considered....and of course, this pandemic, lock downs, business closures, etc, have really affected us on many levels, but many people, especially the younger generation, don't know how to handle hardship. They don't know how to plan for unexpected emergencies. They don't save money. They don't know how to hunker in.
So many people don't seem to understand the concept of dealing with reality.
Life is not pretty and happy all the time.
Why are we so eager to demonize the young? OK, they never had to experience ration-cards, universal conscription, polio, surgery without anesthesia, mass starvation, bubonic plague, barbarian invasions, trampling by wooly mammoths,… Does that make them somehow unworthy? Does it mean that until they experience a harsh and withering lesson of their own, they’re somehow less than fully human?

“Dealing with reality” depends on which aspect of “reality” we emphasize. Here’s a reality: what if the young go to school, go to restaurants, and go to parties. Some of them die, but only a few. However, a million or two older people die, and that’s just in America. What if I proposed THIS scenario as the reality, and asked everyone else to deal with it?

Old 12-28-2020, 01:32 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,830,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
SOME evidence from small group of sourses

A credible group sharing credible evidence of a protocol that works based on ample scientific evidence. I don’t know why people don’t want to know about this but ok.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
No, they are not.
What EU countries are doing worse than us?

UK and Spain have a few more deaths per capita, but that's about it.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:34 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,830,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
What about the Spanish flu? It killed 650 000 people back when the US population was around 105 million at that era.

Vlogger timcast posted a vlog about people snapping and refusing to comply with lockdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJbP8mPcqw

Meanwhile in the UK, one journalist named Julia Hartley-Brewer is under the target of an angry mob for saying "...it shouldn’t justify the shutdown of the economy and the house arrest of the entire country."
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/u...sick-die-covid

Btw, will some folks wants to ban vitamin D after they read that article from the Boston Globe who mentionned then vitamin D will lower the risk of having covid if they get vitamin D? https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/09...ersity-doctor/
There seems to be a lot of evidence supporting vitamin D and also vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin and even melatonin. https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...27-ENGLISH.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies