Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2020, 09:07 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I looked to see if this is posted here and I didn't find it.

https://jonsnewplace.wordpress.com/2...ist-governors/

I signed the petition to recall the CA gov...so I'm saying something on it all.
If you want to be treated like an adult and live more free, you need to live in red states. Florida is the best one of them all. Everything is open for business. Georgia is doing fine, unless you live in the crap hole Atlanta. South Carolina is still living. Once you get to North Carolina or north, you are toast. You are then treated like a child and told what to do. That is how Democrats/dictators rule us.

Watch closely to this COVID handling by state and learn. Do you really want to be treated like a child your whole adult life? If so, keep voting these horrible leftist in office! NO FREEDOMS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 09:11 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
Doctors who have been studying existing drugs since the beginning have effective treatment protocols in place. Most of which can be purchased over he counter. Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin, melatonin, etc. We really could go back to normal.
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...09-ENGLISH.pdf

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-27-2020 at 09:20 AM..

Old 12-27-2020, 09:15 AM

1,514 posts, read 895,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Lock down fatigue?

Much like with poverty, Americans honestly dont know much about hardship.
^^^^ This

Man, overall humans have it so much easier then our ancestors did due to advancements in medicine, science, economics, social progress etc. etc.

We Americans are complaining and resisting reasonable temporarily restrictions way more then other nations about "our freedoms" with social restrictions due to a global plague. It makes us look rebellious, entitled, selfish, uncompassionate and spoiled.

I wonder if our ancestors who lived through the Black Plague, Spanish flu, and other global events where we didn't even know what a germ was or how they are spread and who didn't have ventilator and other medical technologies and didn't have pain relieving medications would like to switch places with us. My bet is on they would. Hardship compared to then because we are socially locked down for a few months....?

Old 12-27-2020, 09:17 AM

17,885 posts, read 13,816,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s always been about avoiding overwhelming hospitals and frontline healthcare professionals.

Despite the noise, most who are admitted for Covid related complications, do not end up in the ICU. They receive treatment/ therapies independent of the ICU. As the demand for Covid beds increases, the number of hospital real estate that becomes quarantined increases. When this happens, the number of beds available for non- Covid related admissions is substantially reduced.

States license # beds. There is a diff between # licensed beds and # physical beds and # of healthcare professionals to tend to those beds.

ND, previously let it rip, found themselves without the necessary # beds and healthcare professionals. Air lifting masses of people to other states was no longer an option. The state received an assist from the Air Force in terms of healthcare resources.
People who don't have to see things up close and personal tend to have no idea about what is happening compared to those who do. If you are someone who works in a hospital you realize how bad this is and if you don't.... you don't.

I'd compare it to drunk driving. If you are a cop you know how serious a problem it is. If you aren't..... you just have to take other people's word for it. And I see absolutely NO reason my freedom to drive drunk should be curtailed because of something that MIGHT happen. Odds are I'll get home from the bar just fine and dandy. Just like I shouldn't have to wear a mask because of what MIGHT happen. Odds are I can go to the bar and come home just fine and dandy. And who cares if I might infect anybody else. It's sort of like buying your buddy too many beers is all.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:21 AM

8,272 posts, read 11,046,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I

Watch closely to this COVID handling by state and learn. Do you really want to be treated like a child your whole adult life? If so, keep voting these horrible leftist in office! NO FREEDOMS!
Trump is still president.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:26 AM

6,175 posts, read 4,652,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
People who act like children need to be treated like children and let the grown ups handle things.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:28 AM

34,159 posts, read 17,241,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

States license # beds. There is a diff between # licensed beds and # physical beds and # of healthcare professionals to tend to those beds.

Which was a stupid argument, as it has been easily remedied. There are Southeastern US staffing firms who have regularly supplied RNs to NY from all over the nation. They have over a decade now, btw. Long before covid.

This same thing occurs with utilities. A friend who works for the UI electric company in Ct routinely travels the Northeast in winter after each large snowstorm.

In short, the shortage of staff fraud was used to impose a totalitarian lockdown.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:34 AM

48,608 posts, read 35,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Which was a stupid argument, as it has been easily remedied. There are Southeastern US staffing firms who have regularly supplied RNs to NY from all over the nation. They have over a decade now, btw. Long before covid.

This same thing occurs with utilities. A friend who works for the UI electric company in Ct routinely travels the Northeast in winter after each large snowstorm.

In short, the shortage of staff fraud was used to impose a totalitarian lockdown.
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...als-nationwide

COVID-related nursing shortages hit hospitals nationwide
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-27-2020, 09:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,881,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
It really sucks! I've had enough of it, too, but the alternative can be a much worse reality. More patience necessary...when most of us don't have much left.

W/ regards to the vaccines, I think it'll be a slow roll out. And, ethical concerns, LTC patients getting the most effective vs the rest of the people getting, possibly, the less effective ones? Messy situations to think about.
Seems no shortage of Congress critters, aides, Governors and state legislatures were given the opportunity of doing the “ me first” thing as it relates to being vaccinated while tens of thousands of healthcare professionals await the vaccine. They rationalize doing so sets an example despite the general public does not have the ability to be vaccinated.

Both AOC and incoming 25 year old Madison Crawthorn chose to deny others who are at much greater risk.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:44 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,625,399 times
8-hour wait for emergency rooms in LA County

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/in-...-entering-ers/

They will also run out of ambulances being in holding patterns.

"And in a grim reminder that the worst is still likely to come, one L.A. County health official has asked providers to reach out to patients who have serious illnesses or are medically frail to review their advanced-care directives and ensure forms are on file detailing their end-of-life care."

In some states, they don't treat them and send them to hospice or home. Death rates will likely spike in these areas. It was 14% in April when they were using nursing homes as makeshift hospitals.

They said that AOC, Pence, Rubio, and some others in Congress had good reason to take the vaccines since there is a lot of resistance in their districts due to demographics and political leanings. Resistance to getting vaccinated is starting to decline, which needs to happen before the general rollout. Right now, the authorization to vaccinate is limited in scope and their taking the shots is not depriving anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies