Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 03:18 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,117,011 times

Advertisements

Election fatigue is far worse for me. I'm over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 04:41 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,390,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
They have some COVID cases in the hospitals in Lexington, but not many. Most people are not hospitalized and recover at home just like any other illness.
I am so sorry about your sister. That is truly sad.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:33 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,850,794 times
It's getting uglier here:

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/...de-at-erewhon/

This is from Eat at Joe's last month or so.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ernor-n1181908

Just heard of a new one today and it said restaurant owner is arrested...heard it on radio and am looking for it now...People are so so FED UP, beyond FED UP.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:41 PM

42,017 posts, read 75,434,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What a bunch of ignorant idiots, disrupting an retail establishment.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:30 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,850,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What a bunch of ignorant idiots, disrupting an retail establishment.
People want to be FREE to shop and not be bound up with masks.,... you don't get this.. Maybe you folks in your state are good with your masks and lockdowns be we are NOT here in CA heading to a year mark of masks....and trying to shop for food... ENOUGH ALREADY.

They are not ignorant, plain fed up and sick and tired of losing their freedom and losing jobs and homes and lord know what so many are going thru.... You doing OK ohiogirl?

And the psychological effect on all the children and no school and all the big people trying to talk to them with masks.....

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-31-2020 at 06:41 PM..

Old 12-31-2020, 06:33 PM

17,794 posts, read 7,034,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Election fatigue is far worse for me. I'm over it.
Just wait until 4 years from now. My New Years resolution is to smear and attack Biden and his voters every day, just like they did to Trump. It won’t be as bad for you because the media is part of Biden’s party, but the gloves will be off forever. At least for me.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:42 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,672,343 times
I said back in March that the cure can't be worse than the disease, and here we are. Some people have lost everything as a result of these lockdowns. Quarantines, shelter-in-place orders, mandatory business closures, and the unconstitutional banning of religious services and other gatherings are getting old, and fast.
My heart aches for those who lost their lives. But, we can't go on hiding in our homes forever. Also, my fear is not knowing how far Biden/Harris will take these measures once they get in office. Locking us down, then sending a stimulus check months after people have lost their livelihoods is not the answer.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:57 PM

37,244 posts, read 41,470,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Well of course --- I haven't gone through the data stats on Wage and Employment --- Seems 1918 - 1919 data stats double back to the year 1914, in some areas --- but I did find this:

number enrolled in public school
1916 20,351,687
1918 20,853,516
average daily attendance
1916 15,358,927
1918 15,548,914

You can find and download the same information at publications

btw: schools closed?
How could the 1916 average daily attendance exceed the number enrolled?

School closures:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...about%20safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
They really don’t want to hear about deaths as a result of the restrictions.
Who are "they"?

The medical community is publishing about it.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2771761

Some of those "deaths as a result of the restrictions" are preventable.

Address suicidality and make medical care available. Psychiatry is especially suited to telemedicine and suicidal folks can be directed to inpatient care when indicated.

Follow mitigation procedures so that COVID-19 patients do not consume all of the hospital space and those with non-COVID-19 emergencies can be taken care of.

Make sure that if people think they need emergency care they are not afraid to seek it because they worry about getting COVID-19 at the hospital.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:11 PM

26,661 posts, read 13,817,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Who are "they"?
The post I responded to tells you exactly who I was referring to with “they”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
But the nannies and poo-poo'ers don't want to hear about that...

Old 12-31-2020, 08:07 PM

42,017 posts, read 75,434,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
People want to be FREE to shop and not be bound up with masks
How does wearing a mask make anyone any less "FREE" to shop?

Quote:
They are not ignorant, plain fed up and sick and tired of losing their freedom and losing jobs and homes and lord know what so many are going thru
Well, anyone who thinks wearing a mask infringes upon their "freedom" is ignorant. Anyone who believes that wearing a mask infringes upon their ability to shop for groceries is an idiot.

Quote:
And the psychological effect on all the children and no school and all the big people trying to talk to them with masks.....
While your comment has nothing to do with masks in grocery stores, I will agree with you here. Kids should be in school - but how is that possible when 1/3 of the teaching staff is either sick or quarantining because they've been exposed, and when subs are hard to come by? School districts are doing the best they can. Youth-serving nonprofits are trying to give support despite their own staffing issues.

What's your solution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies