Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 01:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

Odd that False accusations seem ok to most as long as you are not on the receiving end
As a people we seem to be more concerned with our own social standing rather than right or wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 01:41 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
This wouldn't be a "story" if the person she accused is white. Discrimination!
If the person she accused was white, I'll bet that hotel security would have detained her until the police got there. Police were on the way. No problem stopping the innocent black family from going to breakfast - in the hotel restaurant, but they didn't think it was necessary to detain the white lady who did the assaulting. Now if the situation was reversed, and it was a black teen accusing a white woman of stealing his phone and then attacking her repeatedly to try to get it out of her pocket, do you think they should/would let him go on his merry way?
In addition, hotel never checked on the teen. Never knocked on the hotel room door to see if he was ok. You think that would have been the case if she was a white woman who was just attacked by a black teen. Didn't reach out until they got bad press - and then only on twitter, publicly. No apology from any of the individuals involved (manager, security, woman/victim).

I am so glad this went viral. This is typical. This is what systemic racism look like.
Yeah, she obviously was a racist jerk, but then the people in charge just go along with her, stand behind her, give her every curtesy while throwing the black family under the bus.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:46 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
If the person she accused was white, I'll bet that hotel security would have detained her until the police got there. Police were on the way. No problem stopping the innocent black family from going to breakfast - in the hotel restaurant, but they didn't think it was necessary to detain the white lady who did the assaulting. Now if the situation was reversed, and it was a black teen accusing a white woman of stealing his phone and then attacking her repeatedly to try to get it out of her pocket, do you think they should/would let him go on his merry way?
In addition, hotel never checked on the teen. Never knocked on the hotel room door to see if he was ok. You think that would have been the case if she was a white woman who was just attacked by a black teen. Didn't reach out until they got bad press - and then only on twitter, publicly. No apology from any of the individuals involved (manager, security, woman/victim).

I am so glad this went viral. This is typical. This is what systemic racism look like.
Yeah, she obviously was a racist jerk, but then the people in charge just go along with her, stand behind her, give her every curtesy while throwing the black family under the bus.
can't rep you again yet, but 100% accurate

Old 12-28-2020, 06:10 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
I object to the simple characterization of "Karen", when in fact it appears she's an entitled white woman given to hysterics and racism, to the point of being criminal in nature.

Yeah I know, a bit more cumbersome a description, but "Karen" is a far too benign and benevolent term to apply to this human trash.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:13 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

But I thought we were to believe all female accusers?

Even if they had no proof. None at all.

Is this where we call you a toxic mysoginist?

Old 12-28-2020, 06:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because it shows editorial bias which is to push a certain narrative by promoting some stories while remaining quiet on others.

It's not fake news, it's just biased news and it's important for people to realize where they're being lead and this goes for FOX and all the others as well.

Imagine some news organization that just constantly runs every story of an illegal committing a crime, pointing out that they run those stories but not others is indicative of their editorial bias.

Not sure why some people can't bear to face an obvious truth about our corporate media.
Before smart phones and recording, this likely wouldn't be a story. Sadly smart phones exist and make these stories stories.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:22 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Karen is an idiot and Shanaynay should of kept walking and told Karen to kiss off.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:25 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Who knows? Who care? Just keep your hands and ire away from my child. My black child who is rightfully afraid that any altercation with a White woman could end up bad for him.
I've never heard of an altercation between a white woman and a black teen that ended up badly for the black teen. It's always the other way around (if it ends up badly for either one).

And you know it. Otherwise, you would have recommended ending the altercation by proving to her that she was wrong.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:29 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Said the person who doesn't know what a "system" is.

Systemic racism is what YOU are engaging in with the assistance of every pillar of our social system from the federal government to the mass media to universities to multinational corporations etc. etc. ad inifinitum.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:40 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
said the person who doesn't know what a "system" is.

Systemic racism is what you are engaging in with the assistance of every pillar of our social system from the federal government to the mass media to universities to multinational corporations etc. Etc. Ad inifinitum.
+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies