Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 08:14 AM

29,527 posts, read 22,695,541 times

Advertisements

What I find shocking is that internet sleuths have yet to uncover the identity of this woman, seeing that the incident happened Saturday. Two women who bore a somewhat resemblance to the women were being harassed online unfortunately.

No doubt at all that those who know her (family, co-workers, etc.) are cringing and trying to figure out what to do, and the woman herself is probably a hermit by now.

The NYPD have identified the woman, supposedly a Californian, but not released any details.

Anyways, I'm absolutely certain this woman is in FULL damage control mode now, probably consulting an attorney and public spokesperson to 'rehabilitate' her image (event though she faces serious charges). Will probably lose her job. Any moment now expect a public statement to the media, about how she is not the person seen in the video, how she doesn't have a racist bone in her body, that she has Black 'friends' (or loved one), and most importantly, that she's suffering from mental illness/stress/exhaustion. Then the tear filled media apology tour.

This whole thing is just so weird, the father and son were supposedly just getting off the elevator into the lobby when confronted by the woman out of the blue I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 08:14 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,255,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestor View Post
I guess you missed it. The woman called the police and said he was assaulting her. He was not. Thats a lie and typical Karen Racist M.O. SHE COMMITTED A CRIME!!! She was charged by the police and the DAbut the nice black gentleman decided not to press charges.

I could type a whole LIST of white ppl you could say "but you should mind your business" to in Karen type incidents this year. Its clear where you stand. You should own it and come out and say it. Its clear what you are.
She said no such thing. He said "I'm going to do what I want and you're not going to like it". She called the police saying this guy was threatening her which makes sense.

I would have thought the same thing, alone with a man in the park who was aggressive with me. I would have left though. They both did leave before police arrived. But they were stubbornly standing off against each other, like people in road rage situations where no one will stand down.

This happens every day, it isn't the big deal the media and those who eat it up make it out to be.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:17 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,053,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
What I find shocking is that internet sleuths have yet to uncover the identity of this woman, seeing that the incident happened Saturday. Two women who bore a somewhat resemblance to the women were being harassed online unfortunately.

No doubt at all that those who know her (family, co-workers, etc.) are cringing and trying to figure out what to do, and the woman herself is probably a hermit by now.

The NYPD have identified the woman, supposedly a Californian, but not released any details.

Anyways, I'm absolutely certain this woman is in FULL damage control mode now, probably consulting an attorney and public spokesperson to 'rehabilitate' her image (event though she faces serious charges). Will probably lose her job. Any moment now expect a public statement to the media, about how she is not the person seen in the video, how she doesn't have a racist bone in her body, that she has Black 'friends' (or loved one), and most importantly, that she's suffering from mental illness/stress/exhaustion. Then the tear filled media apology tour.

This whole thing is just so weird, the father and son were supposedly just getting off the elevator into the lobby when confronted by the woman out of the blue I suppose.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:23 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,352,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Parents lie for their kids all the time, regardless if they are black or white. its pretty shameful but i and i am sure many people here have seen it. So taking the fathers word that it was his kids cell phone and him saying "you don't have to explain nothing to her" is just escalating a bad situation. If this happened to me(back too many years ago) my Father would have told me to show her the cell phone(2 sec to prove it was his) then told the lady to apologize for being wrong. If she refused to apologize at that point then there certainly would have been words. The advent of cell phone videos seems to make us all too quick to film it and escalate instead of trying to resolve. This is especially true when we "know" we are right and don't take even a second to see the situation from the other persons viewpoint.
My father was a lot of things I can't relate to, but I'm pretty sure with her approach he'd have told her to go **** herself. He always had my back when other adults messed with me. Now if he later discovered I had been in the wrong, I'd have never heard the end of it. But to his everlasting credit he chose me by default, and adjusted if or when more facts became available.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:25 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,564,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If they had proceeded the way I posted above, there would have been no lunging going on because the situation would have been defused well before anything like that would have happened.

See how that works?

We all have experience with someone accusing us of taking something of their’s, it’s usually a sibling when we are kids, so we all have experience with proving something is ours and then saying “see, told you it was mine!”. If when the initial accusation occurred the father showed her the phone, it could have ended with a “now don’t you feel stupid?” and a possibly sincere apology. But he chose to be offended and it escalated to violence.
I guess I'm an outlier, my siblings were not allowed to lie and accuse people of stuff. Neither was I

Why does the "victim" have to prove their innocence?
How about this, how about she have said " oh excuse me but I think that's my phone".

I love how the person being"assaulted" (for lack of a better word) has to be responsible for the violence.

He did NOT CHOOSE to be offended, his son was assaulted and accused of committing a crime, yes in my world, that's offensive

Old 12-30-2020, 08:29 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-exp...135850449.html

She's expected to be charged. Good, she deserves it.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Tough talk ... always funny when the tough guy/gal gets put in their place. Be careful out there.
Really?
I guess we are different I'm sorry but yeah win or lose you attach MY child?? All hell is going to break out. I may not win but you ( not you personally) are going to know you've been in a fight.

I can't believe all these folks would be calm while some lunatic is going after their kids.

So I have no problem admitting, someone tries to grab my kid, I'm kicking screaming punching picking up a chair, lamp, bottle WHATEVER I can get my hands on. Like I said I may not win but they'll think twice about the next time

Old 12-30-2020, 08:44 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,951,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Who knows? Who care? Just keep your hands and ire away from my child. My black child who is rightfully afraid that any altercation with a White woman could end up bad for him.
Wrong. Any altercation with a black person could ruin your life as a white person or get you killed. Now there’s going to be a press conference with the mayor and national attention just because it was a black person involved. Black privilege if you ask me. It ended up bad fOr the whiter girl, not the black boy. If anything a white woman is more likely to be killed by a black male teen than any danger to the black male teen. Just look at the statistics. Imagine of all the resources devoted to this BS story were devoted to solving a black on black murder.
. Get real.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Who hasn't, at some point in their life, been falsely accused of something? This seems like a fairly run-of-the-mill incident. The real outrage is, of course, the continuing campaign by mainstream media to convince the world that African Americans are under threat from crazed white racists. I just watching NBC Nightly News from the 28th on YouTube here in Japan. It featured not one but two black victim cell phone outrage stories, this one plus the guy that was shot by police. National media only runs these types of stories when they fit the narrative.
=I have never ever been falsely accused in a public space of something I didn't do.

Guess you have -- lol.....gee go figure.

And she just didn't accuse the young man of having her phone -- she came at them trying to grab it.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:59 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,951,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestor View Post
Bizarre thinking that being attacked is what it takes to get privilege. Id further explain the flaws in your thinking, but seeing youve arrived at the conclusion you have, youre not a person who would be able to understand. Limited and biased capacity.
Affirmative action is a black privilege also. There ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies