Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 06:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It happens all the time. Republicans love to hang out at inner city polling locations and try to intimidate people of color from casting their vote for the party that cares about them. Such evil.
no it doesn’t.

purging voter rolls, only opening one polling station in a county or urban area which produces lines that takes hours to vote is how they suppress voting rights.

it should be easy to vote in 2020 yet, some places in Texas tried to make it harder. Thats how they suppress votes. No one is out here standing in front of stations trying to intimidate people. This isn’t the 50’s

Old 12-29-2020, 06:12 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And democrats do not know how to win without voter fraud. BTW..Stacy for someone that keeps complaining of white privilege and racism in America...it seems you’re eating well these days “Fatso”..sorry to mean spirited but I can’t stand the woman.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...er-suppression
We have a word to describe a trait that people like this have: chutzpah.

It takes a lot of audacity to steal an election, effectively disenfranchising REPUBLICANS, and then turn around and accuse them of suppressing votes. It’s a classic leftist ploy, though: accuse your opponent of that which you are guilty of.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:21 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it should be easy to vote in 2020 yet, some places in Texas tried to make it harder. Thats how they suppress votes.
That's just nonsense.

Let me guess - "The Governor only allowed one ballot drop box in giant Harris County!" Is that your primary claim?

NEWSFLASH: State law only allows for one box per county. The governor was FOLLOWING THE LAW. Those who wanted to add additional boxes wanted to BREAK THE LAW, and you're complaining about the law being followed.

That's actually a remarkably wonderful example of one of the things which is wrong with the Left right now. The entire "by any means necessary" mentality leaves no room for following rules, winning fairly, etc. The only thing which matters to the Left is power. Not honesty. Not integrity. Nothing else - just power. By any means necessary.

What else do you have? How did my state suppress legitimate votes in this election cycle? I'd love to hear what other thoughts you might have been programmed with. Lay them out and I'll tell you why you're wrong.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
That's just nonsense.

Let me guess - "The Governor only allowed one ballot drop box in giant Harris County!" Is that your primary claim?

NEWSFLASH: State law only allows for one box per county. The governor was FOLLOWING THE LAW. Those who wanted to add additional boxes wanted to BREAK THE LAW, and you're complaining about the law being followed.

That's actually a remarkably wonderful example of one of the things which is wrong with the Left right now. The entire "by any means necessary" mentality leaves no room for following rules, winning fairly, etc. The only thing which matters to the Left is power. Not honesty. Not integrity. Nothing else - just power. By any means necessary.

What else do you have? How did my state suppress legitimate votes in this election cycle? I'd love to hear what other thoughts you might have been programmed with. Lay them out and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
The problem with liberals (well, one of them.....so many to choose from) is that they don’t understand that ease of voting has to be balanced with maintaining the integrity of the election. It doesn’t have to be super-easy to vote. Just about any competent adult should be able to get to a polling place (unless they are elderly or disabled, and we have absentee exceptions for them).

Old 12-29-2020, 06:31 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The problem with liberals (well, one of them.....so many to choose from) is that they don’t understand that ease of voting has to be balanced with maintaining the integrity of the election. It doesn’t have to be super-easy to vote. Just about any competent adult should be able to get to a polling place (unless they are elderly or disabled, and we have absentee exceptions for them).
I believe that exercising your right to vote is to be taken literally. Standing in line for about eight hours would seem to be about the right amount.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I believe that exercising your right to vote is to be taken literally. Standing in line for about eight hours would seem to be about the right amount.
I’ve never stood in line for more than 90 minutes, and I’ve voted in.....wait, I’m counting.....11 presidential cycles. Not a whole lot of “exercise” involved (but cute pun).

If cutting down the wait time is important, let’s spread out the voting period for three days. Lots better than allowing a system that enables mail ballots to be manufactured in the dead of night.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:45 AM

21,942 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It happens all the time. Republicans love to hang out at inner city polling locations and try to intimidate people of color from casting their vote for the party that cares about them. Such evil.
I laugh at that idea. The ones doing the intimidating were the blacks at the polling places in Detroit, Atlanta etc.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:48 AM

21,942 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
She is correct. Unlike baseless claims of vote fraud there is plenty of evidence of voter suppression from the Rebublicans.
Well, let's see your evidence.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:49 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Quote:
We have a word to describe a trait that people like this have: chutzpah.

It takes a lot of audacity to steal an election, effectively disenfranchising REPUBLICANS, and then turn around and accuse them of suppressing votes. It’s a classic leftist ploy, though: accuse your opponent of that which you are guilty of.
Pot calling the kettle black is all I can think of.

No doubt there are a few cases of suspected fraud. If you total them all up, its trivial and chances are, more Rs are guilty than Ds.

Old 12-29-2020, 06:50 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
And yet there were 4 years for any concerns over a states voting practices to be addressed and resolved. Agency after agency has come forward to state that nothing in a states voting practices were improper or illegal and still these accusations keep coming up, that tells me that "integrity" has been maintained.

Yes polling places should be easily acceptable but as we regularly see reduction or removal of those same places has become a regular occurrence and surprisingly in poorer neighborhoods which are perceived will lean heavily towards a Democratic candidate. Of course this is the year the President chose to overhaul the Postal System including massive reductions of mail boxes in those same neighborhoods that keep losing polling places, can you say smells like fish....

Maybe we should be crying massive fraud over all the Congressional Races where a Republican Won but the state voted for President Elect Biden, it must be fraud because Biden won how could they have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies