Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 08:14 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There's nothing CRINGEworthy about these House rule changes. The rule will change mother and father to 'parents'; brother and sister to 'siblings'; wife and husband to 'spouse'; son and daughter to 'children'; and the like. This isn't one of those pick your own gender or pronoun changes.

The bolded would be fine with me. Very simple change and no big deal, imo -- as opposed to trying to enforce the "z-words" to replace gendered pronouns. I agree with many others that people should not be required to learn a new language just to please a very small minority. https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/g...utral-pronouns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 08:51 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
There's nothing CRINGEworthy about these House rule changes. The rule will change mother and father to 'parents'; brother and sister to 'siblings'; wife and husband to 'spouse'; son and daughter to 'children'; and the like. This isn't one of those pick your own gender or pronoun changes.
And these changes are for what purpose? What’s the reasoning behind the new terms? And how is a female parent or sibling going to be distinguished from a male parent or sibling.
They got people to wear masks, give up their businesses, go bankrupt, depend on government and cower in their homes. This was a test. Now they know the population can be controlled so they’re trying out their new “fun things” to shove down our throats.

Democrats have turned to the dark side.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:57 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I mean, I do t really understand it but at the end of the day, I don’t really care about it.
You should care. The supposedly tolerant left who says we should respect each other’s differences actually is in the process of trying to eliminate those differences. Women and men are different. We each have strengths and weaknesses that are balanced by the other. I want to be a man and be respected as such, and I respect women such as they are. This is all one step closer to a Marxist/Stalinist society where the elite live in their wealth and the rest of us are treated like peasants without differentiation.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
And these changagainstes are for what purpose? What’s the reasoning behind the new terms? And how is a female parent or sibling going to be distinguished from a male parent or sibling.
They got people to wear masks, give up their businesses, go bankrupt, depend on government and cower in their homes. This was a test. Now they know the population can be controlled so they’re trying out their new “fun things” to shove down our throats.

Democrats have turned to the dark side.
These changes are in the defintion of the word 'relatives.' The gender doesn't matter. A son or daughter is a 'child.' A wife or husband is a 'spouse.' etc. It's not like they're changing the definition of the word 'mother' or banning gender pronouns at committee meetings.

I know some people have a bottomless pit of outrage available against the party they oppose. I save my outrage for when it's deserved by either party.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:09 AM

27,580 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I am so glad to be out of corporate america, they have become places of social indoctrination.
If you think corporate America is bad, try the federal government or public schools.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:11 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Welcome to the "It Generation." Maybe we could devolve the English language to just a series of grunts. No sexism there. Women can grunt as well as men. As can the other five hundred ninety-two genders.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:12 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
These changes are in the defintion of the word 'relatives.' The gender doesn't matter. A son or daughter is a 'child.' A wife or husband is a 'spouse.' etc. It's not like they're changing the definition of the word 'mother' or banning gender pronouns at committee meetings.

I know some people have a bottomless pit of outrage available against the party they oppose. I save my outrage for when it's deserved by either party.
So you didn't answer what the purpose of these changes are. So what is the purpose? It's the, what, 1% -2% of the population who are transgender that they're worried about offending? The left is pushing transgenderism. They want a population of serfs who are "its." MO

Old 01-03-2021, 11:20 AM

9,154 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Not a problem. Years ago the Coneheads, who were from France, devised descriptive words for various designations. Who can forget parental units?

Old 01-03-2021, 11:23 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Welcome to the "It Generation." Maybe we could devolve the English language to just a series of grunts. No sexism there. Women can grunt as well as men. As can the other five hundred ninety-two genders.
Like the "Villagers" in Minecraft? I don't know very much about them, or Minecraft, other than grandson plays a lot of Minecraft and likes to imitate the "Villagers" (walking around with his arms crossed, grunting). And he says there are no "Villager" women. The families have a big "Villager" (parent) and a little "Villager" (child). I guess that makes them unisex?

Pelosi's using Minecraft as a template for her "new society"?

Old 01-03-2021, 11:32 AM

25,776 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Like the "Villagers" in Minecraft? I don't know very much about them, or Minecraft, other than grandson plays a lot of Minecraft and likes to imitate the "Villagers" (walking around with his arms crossed, grunting). And he says there are no "Villager" women. The families have a big "Villager" (parent) and a little "Villager" (child). I guess that makes them unisex?

Pelosi's using Minecraft as a template for her "new society"?
Ha. I'm not that familiar with Minecraft either. But maybe that is where all this stuff is coming from. A generation raised on Minecraft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies