Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 04:58 PM

889 posts, read 272,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The purpose is to use gender neutral words when they're appropriate and and be more concise. These changes have zip to do with using ze or hir or any other made-up pronouns. If anything, these changes are decades late. The words 'children, spouse, parents, grandparents' are regular words we use all the time and do the job.
ridiculous! trust me its going to get confusing. i just had an interaction on the phone where i was told after using a pronoun, that they were gender nuteral. what do you do with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 05:15 PM

1,017 posts, read 788,197 times
I imagine the whole gender debate will come back up when Biden gets in office.
"Babies should choose their own gender" "Get rid of male and female bathrooms"

How many sexualities are out there now? i saw 20 new ones.

We are in a pandemic and they are worried about pronouns.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:50 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
These changes are in the defintion of the word 'relatives.' The gender doesn't matter. A son or daughter is a 'child.' A wife or husband is a 'spouse.' etc. It's not like they're changing the definition of the word 'mother' or banning gender pronouns at committee meetings.
Just give it time.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
The supposedly tolerant left who says we should respect each other’s differences actually is in the process of trying to eliminate those differences. Women and men are different. We each have strengths and weaknesses that are balanced by the other. I want to be a man and be respected as such, and I respect women such as they are. This is all one step closer to a Marxist/Stalinist society where the elite live in their wealth and the rest of us are treated like peasants without differentiation.
Could not have said the bolded part better myself. Since when was thinking in lockstep ever good?

Old 01-04-2021, 08:29 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
ridiculous! trust me its going to get confusing. i just had an interaction on the phone where i was told after using a pronoun, that they were gender nuteral. what do you do with that?
Right, the gender pronoun issues are aready here in schools, business, government, social interactions and it is confusing. The new House rule is old stuff, decades behind the times. We're on the way down the pronoun slippery slope, but these changes don't move us down any further.

imo. Pelosi made much more of the gender equality changes than they're worth as a sop to the left's pronoun police.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:40 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Lux Mea View Post
Hang up?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 01-27-2021, 06:08 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Who supports and votes for this insanity?

Old 01-27-2021, 06:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Who supports and votes for this insanity?
Enemies of our nation who are dedicated to harming our country and it's people in the most cruel and devestating manner that they can construct.

It would be no surprise to discover that they a number of them are either demon possessed or are enthusiastic worshipers of Satan, and very possibly both.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
She had no issue recently wishing everyone a happy Father's Day.

https://twitter.com/speakerpelosi/st...772424?lang=en
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies