Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 11:14 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

In support of the suggestion that even 1984 is not taking it far enough, the Democrat party controlled House of Representatives is apparently proposing a rules package for this next term which would erase 'gendered terms' such as Father, Mother, Son and Daughter.

Quote:
Proposed House Rules Seek To Erase Gendered-Terms Such As 'Father', 'Mother', 'Son', & 'Daughter'

Leaders in the House of Representatives announced on Friday a rules package for the 117th Congress that includes a proposal to use “gender-inclusive language” and eliminate gendered terms such as “‘father, mother, son, daughter,” and more.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rules Committee Chairman James McGovern (D-Mass.) announced on Friday that the rules package includes changes that would “honor all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral.”

A separate announcement from McGovern (pdf) said that the Democratic rules package will make “Changes [to] pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral or removes references to gender, as appropriate, to ensure we are inclusive of all Members, Delegates, Resident Commissioners and their families—including those who are nonbinary.”
Let's be clear. There are two sexes, male and female. Or if you prefer, man and woman, or boy and girl. It is all the same. If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you only have X chromosomes, you are a female.

This 'nonbinary' business is the talk of true lunatics who are gaslighting our society in an absolutely monstrous and evil manner. Seeing this being formally proposed for adoption into the rules of the US House of Representatives is a clear validation of the concerns that people have that the Democrat left is openly advocating for the destruction of our society in any traditional sense and that they are enabling the agendas of some serious psychopaths to the detriment of the normal population of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 11:40 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
My husband had mentioned this. So, what would be the new terminology? I am sure they would object to me referring to my father as "my male parent", so how would I refer to him, and I know "him" and "male" couldn't be used either as we might offend those that are mixed up about biology among other things. My kids? How are they to be referred to? Maybe "It #1 loin fruit" and "It #2 loin fruit"? Would be appropriate to mention they have a "penis" to help with my description or would that also be offensive? And, I'm their "bearer of their life"? Oh, wait that "loin fruit" would be wrong as that has Biblical meaning and would surely be struck down.

Screw it! My Father, my mother, my grandmother, my grandfather, my daughter-in-law, my uncles, my aunts, my female cousins, my male cousins, and my husband is a male (which I am sure will eventually be something forbidden to say). None of my family is genderless, and I will never address them as being such and will oppose any legislation to take away the biology of humanity. This is insanity, and needs to stay out of reach of nutcases like Pelosi.

Even the genderless have fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. While there are variations other than XX and XY, the number is small and most of this genderless crap is only existing in the heads of people who really need to find a hobby!

We can designate those that consider themselves "genderless" as NG (no gender) and the rest of us can stick with F & M. Changing the way the government addresses "people" would be the first step in making us all fall in line with this insanity.

Pelosi is bat-poop crazy anyway.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:44 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In support of the suggestion that even 1984 is not taking it far enough, the Democrat party controlled House of Representatives is apparently proposing a rules package for this next term which would erase 'gendered terms' such as Father, Mother, Son and Daughter.

Let's be clear. There are two sexes, male and female. Or if you prefer, man and woman, or boy and girl. It is all the same. If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you only have X chromosomes, you are a female.

This 'nonbinary' business is the talk of true lunatics who are gaslighting our society in an absolutely monstrous and evil manner. Seeing this being formally proposed for adoption into the rules of the US House of Representatives is a clear validation of the concerns that people have that the Democrat left is openly advocating for the destruction of our society in any traditional sense and that they are enabling the agendas of some serious psychopaths to the detriment of the normal population of people.

Who EXACTLY proposed it, would be interesting to know.
We need more names by now, not just "proposed house rules."

Old 01-02-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Who EXACTLY proposed it, would be interesting to know.
We need more names by now, not just "proposed house rules."
As House Speaker, I am pleased to join Chairman Jim McGovern in introducing this visionary rules package, which reflects the views and values of the full range of our historically diverse House Democratic Majority,” said Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “Thanks to the leadership of Chairman McGovern and our Members, Democrats have crafted a package of unprecedented, bold reforms...."

https://rules.house.gov/press-releas...117th-congress

Old 01-02-2021, 11:51 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
The stupidity shown by so much of the American public is just amazing. First they elect Joe Biden. Now this.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The stupidity shown by so much of the American public is just amazing. First they elect Joe Biden. Now this.
This is insane. It really is.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:56 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
The insanity continues. This country is months from its dissolution. When madness such as this is openly embraced by the highest levels of our government it provides more proof of the terminal condition of our nation.

A once proud country reduced to this.

Old 01-02-2021, 11:58 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As House Speaker, I am pleased to join Chairman Jim McGovern in introducing this visionary rules package, which reflects the views and values of the full range of our historically diverse House Democratic Majority,” said Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “Thanks to the leadership of Chairman McGovern and our Members, Democrats have crafted a package of unprecedented, bold reforms...."

https://rules.house.gov/press-releas...117th-congress

"James Patrick McGovern (born November 20, 1959) is a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Massachusetts's 2nd congressional district. He is the Chair of the House Rules Committee and of the Congressional Executive Commission on China as well as the Co-Chair of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission. He is a member of the Democratic Party. The district, much of it numbered as the 3rd district from 1997 to 2013, stretches from Worcester to the Pioneer Valley."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Mc...can_politician)

Gotcha, thanks.

As I've said, after Biden appointed the Monsanto person as a head of the agricultural department, the *Democrats* have specific agenda on their minds, that is not necessarily all that "democratic."

Old 01-02-2021, 01:51 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Gotcha, thanks.

As I've said, after Biden appointed the Monsanto person as a head of the agricultural department, the *Democrats* have specific agenda on their minds, that is not necessarily all that "democratic."
Monsanto made a fine version of Agent Orange, worked well.

Old 01-02-2021, 01:53 PM

21,944 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
They didn't elect JB but I get your point. This is batshi$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies