Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 04:33 PM

141 posts, read 83,949 times

Advertisements

My first impression was that the ones leading the charge that made it on camera inside the Capitol Building looked to be homeless, and resembled "tree-spikers" of the green movement, who are mostly homeless. Has any of the caring left wing media looked into the housing status of those arrested? Why not?

Old 01-09-2021, 04:37 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Haha I wonder what he thought about the guy that wore the Viking helmet.
He'll be looking better in prison stripes. Maybe they'll match his helmet.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:37 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
so vox is trying to make the case that it bothered Trump because he thought they looked low class....

..and Trump wanted them to stay longer...even though it was bothering him that they looked low class

they can't even make up a good story any more

Old 01-09-2021, 04:38 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,260,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No. You don't get it and you never will because you are statist. He was not my "leader," he was my employee. He was hired by you and me (yes, you were his employer as well) with the expectation that he uphold the Constitution of the United States of American to the best of his ability, which he for the most part did.
You have, indeed, put the cards on the table.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Well if SASSI said so...;

Jesus you guys grow a brain

Old 01-09-2021, 04:46 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,340,968 times
He fanned the flames. He told the crowd "You don't take back the country with weakness." Angry people took that statement to heart. They legit thought it was 1776.

What's worse is afterwards he tweeted "These are the things and events that happen.." Basically saying, "5 people dead? A mess at the Capitol? You get what you deserve." How can you people defend that? https://www.thetrumparchive.com/

Old 01-09-2021, 05:00 PM

473 posts, read 237,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/rebtanhs/status/1346879406581624833

Trump ordered tear gas on protesters so he could stand in front of a church and hold up a bible.

Now you have Trump supporters illegally on Capitol grounds and there's no tear gas.

Tells me all I need to know. You know if it was BLM or Antifa the cops would be cracking heads. But it's the MAGA crowd so they get the kid gloves treatment.
oh, I see, you mean like the kid glove treatment the leftist media and Democrat Politicians have given the BLM and Antifa violent Protestors.

GMS.

Old 01-09-2021, 05:04 PM

321 posts, read 128,852 times
I voted for him and I Knew he lost on election night. I did not vote for him in 2016, but in 2020 I voted for him because of the riots. I am mad that these loons are driving out my voice. I can't stand Trump and he need to be charged with treason he is dictator. He paints all people that voted for him with a broad brush I am not Q and I have to deal with a sister that believes his lies. I want him in prison! He incited these monsters and now the rest of us conservatives' like me don't know what to do. I feel the same way Peggy Noonan stated in her quote below quoted from WSJ

Peggy Noonan "Find them, drag them out of their basements, and bring them to justice. Use all resources, whatever it takes, with focus and speed. We have pictures of half of them; they like to pose. They larked about taking selfies and smiling unashamed smiles as one strolled out with a House podium. They were so arrogant they were quoted by name in news reports. It is our good luck they are idiots. Capitalize on that luck.

The president should be removed for reasons of justice—he urged a crowd to march on Congress, and, when it turned violent, had to be dragged into telling them, equivocally, to go home—and prudence. Mitt Romney had it exactly right: “What happened here . . . was an insurrection, incited by the president of the United States.” As for prudence, Mr. Trump is a sick, bad man and therefore, as president, a dangerous one. He has grown casually bloody-minded, nattering on about force and denouncing even his own vice president as a coward for not supporting unconstitutional measures. No one seems to be certain how Mr. Trump spends his days. He doesn’t bother to do his job. The White House is in meltdown. The only thing that captures his interest is the fact that he lost, which fills him with thoughts of vengeance."

By Peggy Noonan
Jan. 7, 2021 7:19 pm ET

For all the people saying that he should stay in office for the sake of the country F off! People like you need to a therapist. Jim Jones ring a bell!

This country governs form the middle hard left and Maga rioters and all types of radicals need to be public ally shunned on both sides enough is enough this is the only way forward to protect Freedom and not try to have the Government fix it for us! Both parties have awakened us sane people we are tired leave us alone with toxic rhetoric!!!! From our leaders on the DNC side this summer to Trump on Wednesday! All these people need to be voted out in the future. Maybe split ticket voting is the answer and force the DNC and the RNC to compromise.

Old 01-09-2021, 05:07 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Why are you trying to inflame things we just had a horrible thing happen at the capitol. We need to find a way back so we don’t destroy this country.
t
We all need to understand completely what Trump is about. Transparency is very important. Any insight in to the key figure who contributed to this violence against the US government needs to come to light.

His faithful followers must understand what they put their life and livelihood in danger for.

He was ashamed of the costumed characters and felt they were low class. This is well documented.
He never had any intention of walking with his followers to the Senate. In fact he never walks anywhere (this is well known) and he never ever ever does his own errands. And hasn't for years.
The fantasies about Trump's enemies are not real. Qanon stories are not real
Military and law enforcement will not protect people who are trying to overthrow the government. They are not on your side. Just because you are doing what Trump thinks you should do doesn't mean you will be allowed to. He will not support you when you get arrested or harmed. This is a great surprise to many.
IMO, Trump has always been allowed to do whatever he wants and is never around to pick up the pieces when it fall to sht. It has been repeated hundreds of times in both his personal and business life.

I am sorry if these truths are inflammatory but you all need to know the unvarnished truth. This can not be repeated. It need to be studied and absorbed.

Old 01-09-2021, 05:16 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
But this was your LEADER - the President - the one you are devoted to!
Just stop. No is DEVOTED to any President, on any side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies