Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 04:13 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
But this was your LEADER - the President - the one you are devoted to!
Obviously some one just wants to keep inflaming things to start even more trouble. These posts do nothing but cause more problems.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:15 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,394 times
"Look low class"???

Pretty safe bet that most of them ARE low class.

And dumber than crow bars, to boot...

1,765 posts, read 4,349,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep. i went on a vulgar journal rampage that would have made george carlin blush. never doubted the legitimacy of the election.

Off-topic...but Carlin's classic "Seven Words You Can't Say on Television" almost seems quaint today.

And I can't rep anybody for 24 hours now. What IS this C-D rule about anyway?????

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
I understand one major airline alone has put some 200 protesters on the "No Fly List" in the past two days for acting up on flights out of DC after the event. That will be handy next time their boss asks them to take a business trip or when Grandma is on her death bed wanting one last visit. Too bad, so sad (not really)

Old 01-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump was the celebrity face of the birther movement.

There is a tendency for those who buy into one conspiracy to buy into the next.

Social media has enabled those into this kind of stuff to find kindred spirits and emboldened themselves. Nothing like a common enemy, real or imagined to bring the fringe together.

Deep state became a clever marketing tool and seemed to empower disparate ideologies to find common ground.

And Trump is the celebrity face of it all, and clueless and not particularly curious about underlying beliefs.

They adore him and he loves them because they do. It really is that simple.

Yep.

I am in C-D timeout for "giving too much reputation" so can't rep your several excellent posts in this thread!!!

Old 01-09-2021, 04:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
You steal the election what do you expect? for everyone to just lay down?
Strangely, 60 judges, many of them Republicans and Trump appointees, disagree.

And, as we all heard in 2016...

Elections have consequences.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Estimates are 800-1000 people invaded the Capital buildings.

There’s a long video posted on YouTube of the effort put into one of the breeches. It’s stomach turning.

As I watched it, how outnumbered the Capital Police were, the fight they put up, the officer who was intentionally crushed, I understood why an officer shot the woman wrapped in a Trump flag, coming through a window. No question the Capital Police had very real reasons to fear for their lives. Were they all armed?

I have to wonder why the Capital Police did not use more force, depending on what they were encountering.

Then there are the videos of others calmly walking between the velvet ropes in the Statue Room, looking around, as if on a tour.

Then there’s a video of a woman outside who had been hit with pepper spray saying it was not fair. Asked why she was there. Her response was “ it’s a revolution, duh”.

Looks to me like some probably got caught up in it. Others, clearly had other motives.

That's "Elizabeth from Knoxville." She's already a meme. I guess it was just rude of the police to use pepper spray against the revolutionists.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:24 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
That's "Elizabeth from Knoxville." She's already a meme. I guess it was just rude of the police to use pepper spray against the revolutionists.
If only she’d asked to speak to a manager. Surely she would have had her concerns addressed properly.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:29 PM

25,753 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
But this was your LEADER - the President - the one you are devoted to!
No. You don't get it and you never will because you are statist. He was not my "leader," he was my employee. He was hired by you and me (yes, you were his employer as well) with the expectation that he uphold the Constitution of the United States of American to the best of his ability, which he for the most part did.

The problem with you statists is that you do, indeed, look at a president as a king, or glorious leader. You look at him or her as someone who is supposed to shape your life, your opinion, your actions, and your finances. And of course, You look to the government to basically wipe your butt and pat you on the back for being a good little boy/girl. I, on the other hand, see the government as a necessary evil--if not for my need to be protected from folks like you (the left), I wouldn't support a government at all. Unfortunately, that need will no longer be addressed in the very near future: the foxes have taken over the hen house, and the Pandora's box of social insanity will be flung wide open.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If only she’d asked to speak to a manager. Surely she would have had her concerns addressed properly.

Hey Mod, if I can ask...what is the magic number of "too much" reputation?

And why is there any limit? It truly puzzles me. On a very very busy forum like this one there are so many great posts I'd like to rep, and then suddenly I get the message that I've given out "too much" and have to wait 24 hours.

Any enlightenment appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies