Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 07:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times

Advertisements

Trump on policy has been a fantastic president, Trump on everything else, not so much. Even me a die-hard Trump supporter cannot wait until hes is gone.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Where's your line? What would Trump have to say or do for you to think people that continued to support him are "wrong"? What happened on the 6th crossed some lines for former supporters.
Also, righties, I want you to remember a few things the next time anyone from the left calls you a "domestic terrorist" or tries to exaggerate what happened on Jan 6th, while downplaying anything by BLM.

BLM, by their own admission on their site, is a Marxist group. Let's look at their leadership, and see if they are the type to incite violence:

https://www.chinookobserver.com/opin...05d47ce0e.html

Quote:
President of BLM Assata Olugbala Shakur, former Black Panther and Black Liberation Army member, was convicted in the 1973 murder of a New Jersey State Trooper. She escaped from prison in 1979 and now lives openly in Cuba. According to IRS filings, Susan Rosenberg handles all charitable donations for BLM.
Susan Rosenberg...anyone know that name? Let me throw out some hints. Weather Underground - 1983, November 7th....a bomb explodes in the Senate wing at the Capital? Anyone?

Refresher course:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-7-1983-244578

Quote:
At two minutes before 11 o’clock in the evening on this day in 1983, a thunderous explosion tore through the second floor of the U.S. Capitol’s Senate wing. Since the area was virtually deserted at the time, there were no casualties.

Minutes before the bomb went off, a caller claiming to represent the “Armed Resistance Unit” warned a Capitol switchboard operator that a bomb had been placed near the chamber — purportedly in retaliation for the recent U.S. military actions in Grenada and Lebanon.

The force of the device, hidden under a bench outside the Senate chamber, blew the hinges off the door to the office of Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), the minority leader. It also damaged five paintings, particularly a stately portrait of Massachusetts Sen. Daniel Webster. (The blast tore away Webster's face and left it scattered across the floor tiles in one-inch canvas shards. Senate officials recovered the fragments from debris-filled trash bins. Over the coming months, a conservator painstakingly restored the painting to a credible, if somewhat diminished, version of the original.)

The blast also punched a hole in a partition that sent a shower of pulverized brick, plaster and glass into the Republican cloakroom behind the chamber. Although the explosion caused no structural damage to the Capitol, it shattered mirrors, chandeliers and furniture. Officials placed the damage at $250,000...
Susan Rosenberg was arrested for that. She was sentenced to 58 years in prison. For some reason, she got out early.

OH Yeah, now I remember why. On his last day in office, Bill Clinton pardoned her:

https://twitter.com/NewsM101/status/1281953399538356225

Look at how proud he is to be standing next to that terrorist.

But what does she have to do with BLM?

Well, she was the vice chair of Thousand Currents. Thousand Currents supplies money to....BLM.

In this pdf for the year 2019, on page 17, you will find some proof of that:

https://thousandcurrents.org/wp-cont...FY19-Audit.pdf

Now, of course, once people started talking about how BLM was being financed, and the person in charge of the donations was a known actual domestic terrorist, Thousand Currents went ahead and scraped the page with her information.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/susan-ros...xtremism-roots

However, IRS filings (show) Susan Rosenberg handles all charitable donations for BLM.

I want you righties to remember that the next time some lefty tries to downplay what BLM does, but exaggerate what happened on the 6th, and I want you to remember that any time some lefty, or Dem politician, or the media try to call you a "domestic terrorist" while saying absolutely nothing whatsoever by BLM.

Not only has BLM destroyed, looted, and killed people, the person in charge of their donations is a domestic terrorist who was part of team who planted a bomb and blew up the Capitol on November 7th, 1983.

Like I said, the left likes to pretend that history is different than what it is - now you know the truth, and now you have the information to tell them, "No". You're not playing their game. They don't control the narrative.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://fox8.com/news/nancy-pelosi-t...sion=true:mad:

Trump being removed from office would allow us to heal as a nation and unite they said
Jesus. The left has gone full on incite a race war. They should be so proud of themselves.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:14 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Trump on policy has been a fantastic president, Trump on everything else, not so much. Even me a die-hard Trump supporter cannot wait until hes is gone.
Not everyone is a fan of his liberal policies. Liberals would think he was fantastic on policies. But conservatives got tired of his big government rhetoric.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:15 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Nothing matters except race. No one should ever talk about anything else. If you hate the Democrats it's because you are a racist. Simple.
My daughter's history class has spent the entire first semester talking about NOTHING but race/slavery. They could have talked about an election...or how the SCOTUS nomination process works..or the influence of media and big tech on society but nope.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:29 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
She’s right about these white MAGA thugs.

Always victims and blaming someone else for their failures instead of picking themselves up by their bootstraps
I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not, so I checked your posting history. And for those who also wonder, yes, some people DO think that Trumpers are more often guilty of not picking themselves up by their bootstraps than liberals are.

It just boggles my mind that anyone could seriously think that when it is liberals who keep calling for more and more freebies.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
When it comes out eventually that ANTIFA and BLM instigated this incident will you and China Joe apologize?
Hope your not holding your breath for that too happen but if your going to dream then you definitely dreaming big...

Old 01-10-2021, 07:49 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Black Lives Matter started in 2013.

That's all I have to say. It's true.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/118419...-george-floyd/

It's time for me to move on....

I hope you will find a way to live in peace and be kind to others. .

WC officially out

Old 01-10-2021, 08:03 PM

3,405 posts, read 1,445,109 times
Default If blame is to be assigned for the Jan. 6th protest, our S.C. should be at the top of the list!

When our Supreme Court refused to give the Texas BILL OF COMPLAINT an evidentiary hearing ___ a complaint which listed and detailed illegal election activities in four States ___ it effectively rejected that State’s right, and the people of the United States right, to a redress of grievances guaranteed by our Constitution.

Keep in mind the Supreme Court has original jurisdiction in this matter, and refusing to take up the case and at the very least hear and rule on the arguments, our Supreme Court left 18 States, and 75 million citizens of the United States, with no one left to adjudicate the numerous election violations listed in the Bill of Complaint, and thus were denied a fundamental right to a redress of grievances.

I sincerely suspect had the Supreme Court did its job, and hear the Texas case and ruled upon its particulars, the vast majority of Trump’s 75 million voters would have accepted the court’s ruling and moved on.
Where, I ask, are the people to go, when the Supreme Court’s door is slammed in their face?

I think it’s time to at least put some blame, if not most of the blame, on the Supreme Court of the United States which I believe neglected its duty and engaged in nonfeasance and/or malfeasance in a time of great need.

JWK

When our federal judicial system ignores our written Constitution and assents to legislative acts contrary to our supreme law of the land, it not only opens the door to anarchy, but participates in such treachery.

Old 01-10-2021, 08:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
A riot is the language of the unheard. - MLK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies