Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 05:37 PM

634 posts, read 327,856 times

Advertisements

Guess that’s gonna be the new conspiracy theory? “Nuh-uh! Terrorists didn’t storm the capital building! That was a false flag!”

2,634 posts, read 2,678,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Disgusted

Too bad this is anonymous I would love to know the people who voted justified or gleeful but I can guess.

This is a national embarrassment, good luck when we preach to other countries about their elections. This looks worse than Venezuela or Columbia.
This summer the left turned our cities into 3rd world hellholes and you are just now embarrassed?

4,862 posts, read 2,673,519 times
I am amazed that so many people believe in this conspiracy theory..I think aliens may have taken them over..

Old 01-06-2021, 05:38 PM

8,631 posts, read 10,148,927 times
I don't condone any of this happening today. However, I’m not surprised it happened, but I am surprised that Washington politicians are astonished by it. People are fed up with government not doing its job. Politicians (especially career politicians) need to start holding themselves accountable for creating divides instead of working together in order to make our country better for all citizens, not just the right or the left, nor to line their own pockets or fill their own egos and personal aspirations. They are public servants and need to start acting like it and get their chit together. Otherwise, this won't be the last time a day like this happens. I hope this is a wakeup call for these politicians to understand that leadership, as well as conflict and chaos starts from the top and it does not start from just one individual.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:38 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I notice that the "news" folks' (state propaganda) nouns have magically changed from last summer.

Last summer: peaceful protesters

Now: rioters

God, what a crock. So predictable. I shouldn't have even turned Pravda on. Don't give us the facts, spew rhetoric.
Yeah. They all follow the lies.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:39 PM

185 posts, read 253,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I think you're making incorrect assumptions that people who are condemning the looting, rioting and insurrection coup happening today haven't also been condemning the looting and rioting that has occurred elsewhere, or that they're not able to distinguish between peaceful and lawful protesting from looting, rioting, and insurrection coups.

The several people I've spoken to today about this, which includes conservatives, independents and liberals, know the difference and know which one to condemn regardless of the apparent political motives.
Who attempts a coup unarmed, dressed in viking gear, maga hats, waving flags, etc., etc.? No one will ever convince me these people were trying to overthrow the government no matter how many times they use the "coup" word. It's ridiculous. The use of the word is tiresome. We are too apathetic to overthrow anything, including the government.

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I am amazed that so many people believe in this conspiracy theory..I think aliens may have taken them over..
People have such a hard time not believing the lies of Donald Trump. Maybe it's the confidence in which he tells the lies, but he has an aura about him and can convince people to believe crazy things.

1,108 posts, read 1,383,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not one of the Senators or House Reps that objected to the electoral college said there was voter fraud.

They said that voters think there was voter fraud. Why doe they think that? Because these folks let them think it.

We have zero hard evidence of any fraud....just allegations, theories, etc.

Republican officials, Trump supporters have debunked many of the claims of fraud and many of them have been proven to be debunked.
The only reason they pulled that political stunt was to pander to the ignorant Trump base. The GOP party has been destroyed by lunatics like Trump and those soul-less pandering politicians. They deserve every punishment served up in hell.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:40 PM

190 posts, read 57,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The Dems didn't storm the Capitol building trying to undermine a Constitutionally-sanctioned process. They also conceded the day after the 2016 election because they realized Trump won the election. They didn't carry on with election fraud for weeks afterward. Hillary did not chain herself to the resolute desk.

You can google what the impeachment and Russian investigation were about. I think you've forgotten.

What? Which part? Maybe I should clarify by saying impeachment attempt number 1, which was clearly meant to remove him from office? There were so many. The last 4 years were an attempt to overturn a Constitutionally-sanctioned process based on nothing. They just couldn't wait until 2020 to remove him from office.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:40 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It is estimated that last summer's rioting caused two billion dollars worth of damage. I wonder what the total will be for today?

1814 all over again?
$100,000 of windows and doors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies