Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 09:13 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times

Advertisements

Trump gets manicures, has hands soft as kid leather that has never held a wrench or turned a screwdriver, he has a personal hair stylist (not a barber, a stylist), and prefers to sit on gold when he evacuates his innards.

Of course real working Americans look low-class to him. He is a fancy boy who has never done an honest day's work in his life.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:21 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times
Default capitol riot - oh my do people have short memories

All the hypocrisy and false outrage fanned by the liberal corporate media.

Remember in 2011 when tens of thousands of Democrats surged on the Wisconsin Capitol building in Madison and physically occupied it for more than two weeks? We were told, "This is what democracy looks like."

Remember in 2016 when Obama was President and hundreds of BLM blocked interstate highways and violently accosted police (even killing several)? We were told, "To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible."

Remember in 2018 during the Kavanaugh hearings when a mob of Democrats stormed the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington, DC, and pounded their fists in rage on the door. We were told, "It's understandable."

Remember this summer's riots in major cities across the country when groups of Democrats marched in the streets, set buildings on fire, looted businesses, assaulted and even killed bystanders and police? We were told, "These are mostly peaceful protests."

Remember when Democrats seized several blocks of the Capitol Hill neighborhood in downtown Seattle, declaring it an autonomous zone? Remember the guns ad deaths and utter destruction? We were told, "It's a block party atmosphere."

Remember when a crazed mob gathered after the Republican National Convention and attacked Rand Paul, a sitting U.S. Senator? We were told, "No justice, no peace."

Remember how police were told to stand down, governors refused to call in the national guard, and Democrats paid bail for violent protesters who were arrested? We were told, "This is the only way oppressed people can be heard."

I have condemned violent protests and lawlessness every single time they've been reported. I condemn the actions of those who stormed the Capitol yesterday. But I refuse to condemn hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors because a handful (52 arrested) chose to be lawless and to defy everything the vast majority of the crowd stood for. Conservatives are defenders of the Constitution, the police, and the rule of law. Because a relative few people decided to do something stupid doesn't nullify the concerns of the many.

The real culprit here? The mainstream media has been telling us for years that violence is the only way people who feel oppressed can be heard, it's the only way to get justice, and this is what democracy looks like. Apparently, a few who were in the crowd on Wednesday listened to them.

The inflammatory rhetoric of the Left caused this, and it's about time Democrats and the mainstream media took responsibility for dividing Americans and attempting to humiliate those who support the President or any conservative ideals. They have pushed people to the brink, even while claiming,n "It's time for unity." It's time for careful reflection and change on all sides. God help us!

oh and this too!
Five people shot including republic congressman at charity baseball game.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-baseball-game

Last edited by FKD19124; 01-11-2021 at 09:40 AM..

Old 01-11-2021, 09:23 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,605,333 times
During Kavanaugh’s nomination in Oct 2018 Women’s March tweeted:

Quote:
We were planning to shut down the Capitol Building but the authorities were so scared of this #WomensWave that they shut it down for us. 1000+ women, survivors, and allies have gathered in the Hart Senate Building. Every hallway. Every floor.”
https://twitter.com/owhy3/status/1348418949910654977
The police stopped them from entering the Capitol Building. However they did take over the Hart Senate office building.

ABC News reported:

Quote:
“Capitol Hill police said 128 people were arrested for ‘unlawfully demonstrating’ outside of senators’ offices and in the main rotunda of the Russell Senate Building
Lefties trying to stop the gov from functioning but not a word in the left controlled press at the time about:

“the desecration of our democracy.” (Washington Post, Jan 7, 2021)

And did twitter shut down their account? Nope

Last edited by james112; 01-11-2021 at 09:51 AM..

bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
After one of the debates during the 2016 primaries, Trump said after an opponent response he should hit him (don't now recall who, perhaps Rubio or Bush) so hard his head would spin around. It got minimal air play. Dismissed as hyperbole.

But it really wasn't. THAT is his emotional mindset that led directly to THIS. On January 6th many took him literally. As perhaps he now did himself.
Biden said he wanted to hit Trump. Booker said he wanted to hit Trump during a debate. Harris said she wanted to kill Trump (If we ever get in an elevator together only one of us will come out alive). MSM says absolutely nothing about this. And this doesn't get into what various other Democratic policiticans and celebrities said, which was often far worse.

And you don't expect his ferverent supporters to react?

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
It's not a huge stretch to suggest that a lot of the msm are borderline terrorists.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:24 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
During Kavanaugh’s nomination in Oct 2018 Women’s March tweeted:

The police stopped them from entering the Capitol Building. However they did take over a Senate office building.

ABC News reported:

Lefties trying to stop the gov from functioning but not a word in the left controlled press about “the desecration of our democracy.”
And they overran the Wisconsin state Capitol as well.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:26 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderwomanNot View Post
Not sure who feels the way I do, but I am sick and tired of white people being marginalized and made to feel like we are second class citizens, especially white males.
The woke left knows that. White males haven't been taken seriously for years. They have preemptively started a campaign to silence white women's voices too with that Karen crap. Any white woman who complains about ANYTHING now is labeled a Karen and is called out on her "White Privilege".

(As someone who has repeatedly stood up for blacks my whole life, I want the favor returned. Thank goodness in real life I know blacks who see this craziness too and can't believe it's happening either - you would never know they exist though with the media brainwashing)

Old 01-11-2021, 09:29 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,347,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Biden said he wanted to hit Trump. Booker said he wanted to hit Trump during a debate. Harris said she wanted to kill Trump (If we ever get in an elevator together only one of us will come out alive). MSM says absolutely nothing about this. And this doesn't get into what various other Democratic policiticans and celebrities said, which was often far worse.

And you don't expect his ferverent supporters to react?
I can picture the Harris comment: she was clearly joking, and I believe smiled as she said it with the phrase a common expression of humor. Trump was put down to not being serious. Like I said, no major air play.

What struck me at the time, however, was the look on Trump's face as he spoke. It was literally twisted with rage and frustration.

That is the Trump we've come to know. But the evidence was there in 2016.

Last edited by EveryLady; 01-11-2021 at 09:42 AM..

Old 01-11-2021, 09:29 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm glad they continue to post.

I come here to find out how such folks are thinking as it makes no sense to me.

The mods are doing a great job of keeping discussions civil.
I actually reported a post, not sure I've ever done that before. I'll be interested to see if anything happens. I'm not sure how they can justify posts that support domestic terrorists when "you're an idiot" results in bans.

Posters are waiting and watching.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
All the hypocrisy and false outrage fanned by the liberal corporate media.

Remember in 2011 when tens of thousands of Democrats surged on the Wisconsin Capitol building in Madison and physically occupied it for more than two weeks? We were told, "This is what democracy looks like."

Remember in 2016 when Obama was President and hundreds of BLM blocked interstate highways and violently accosted police (even killing several)? We were told, "To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible."

Remember in 2018 during the Kavanaugh hearings when a mob of Democrats stormed the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington, DC, and pounded their fists in rage on the door. We were told, "It's understandable."

Remember this summer's riots in major cities across the country when groups of Democrats marched in the streets, set buildings on fire, looted businesses, assaulted and even killed bystanders and police? We were told, "These are mostly peaceful protests."

Remember when Democrats seized several blocks of the Capitol Hill neighborhood in downtown Seattle, declaring it an autonomous zone? Remember the guns ad deaths and utter destruction? We were told, "It's a block party atmosphere."

Remember when a crazed mob gathered after the Republican National Convention and attacked Rand Paul, a sitting U.S. Senator? We were told, "No justice, no peace."

Remember how police were told to stand down, governors refused to call in the national guard, and Democrats paid bail for violent protesters who were arrested? We were told, "This is the only way oppressed people can be heard."

I have condemned violent protests and lawlessness every single time they've been reported. I condemn the actions of those who stormed the Capitol yesterday. But I refuse to condemn hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors because a handful (52 arrested) chose to be lawless and to defy everything the vast majority of the crowd stood for. Conservatives are defenders of the Constitution, the police, and the rule of law. Because a relative few people decided to do something stupid doesn't nullify the concerns of the many.

The real culprit here? The mainstream media has been telling us for years that violence is the only way people who feel oppressed can be heard, it's the only way to get justice, and this is what democracy looks like. Apparently, a few who were in the crowd on Wednesday listened to them.

The inflammatory rhetoric of the Left caused this, and it's about time Democrats and the mainstream media took responsibility for dividing Americans and attempting to humiliate those who support the President or any conservative ideals. They have pushed people to the brink, even while claiming,n "It's time for unity." It's time for careful reflection and change on all sides. God help us!
You forgot the Inauguration riots that happened in D.C. and many other cities across the nation. On day one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/in...y-rage-n709946

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/19/polit...rch/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies