Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 12:31 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Anytime the media tells me to instantly write things off as crazy or conspiracy theories, it makes me want to look into it further and get the information for myself. The media attempts to control what we know and what we think is normal. Think for yourself.
Oh, the media again. You mean Fox, Breitbart, Epoch times, Gateway Pundit, National Review, Sinclair, Newsmax, Washington Times.
Maybe you mean the media that you disagree with. And no one reads the National Enquirer for truth and honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 12:35 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,654,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Oh, the media again. You mean Fox, Breitbart, Epoch times, Gateway Pundit, National Review, Sinclair, Newsmax, Washington Times.
Maybe you mean the media that you disagree with. And no one reads the National Enquirer for truth and honesty.
Ok, so you think the media is honest?
You put a lot of words in my mouth that I didn't say to attempt to justify an opinion.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:38 PM

936 posts, read 2,069,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Really how many trumpers do you know..because none I know believe in Q so let’s stop spreading rumors unless you have facts. We need to stop the wrong crap in the media ..so we can fix our country.
Plenty of trumpers who post on here, and who i Know via facebook etc, will repost lots of qanon believers, many of them don't even know what qanon is, but they believe the conspiracies. We call them "q adjacent", as they aren't necessarily Q followers, but spread their misinformation willingly. Like the whole stuff about child trafficking is horrible, and they see it and think "hey child trafficking is horrible, i should repost this and get the word out"

And then if you call them out on this you're automatically labeled a pedophile enabler. Just one example.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:43 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
A while back a poster created a thread on the Q Anon folks and the Trumpers "claim" they didn't know much about them. Yeah right.

But Trump himself knew they liked him and that was enough for him. Like the old Laugh In gag, blow in his ear and he'll follow you anywhere.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:55 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
I had read this for the first time this morning. After doing some research, I can't find anything that actually links that to qanon other the articles about her. I don't know much about her. Looks like fake news again. I'm not sure the details yet of qanon but from what I have found so far, never a mention of any jewish lasers.
QAnon is just a person (or people). The movement that follows Q is tied to a whole plethora of conspiracy theories emanating from wherever, much of it from anti-ZOG blogs and message boards.

The verified quotes of an American Congresswoman are not "fake news".

Old 01-29-2021, 12:58 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,654,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
QAnon is just a guy. The movement is tied to a whole plethora of conspiracy theories.

The verified quotes of an American Congresswoman are not "fake news".
I think the idea of jewish lasers seems as crazy as it sounds. But that's not the topic of this thread.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:25 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Yep, it’s a side effect of having a low IQ and no education.
What does education have to do with it? “Educated” people fall for conspiracies all the time. It more about an emotional response and cognitive bias than education level. Liberals love to bring up conspiracies conservatives believe but there are just as many conspiracies liberals believe in.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:29 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
Plenty of trumpers who post on here, and who i Know via facebook etc, will repost lots of qanon believers, many of them don't even know what qanon is, but they believe the conspiracies. We call them "q adjacent", as they aren't necessarily Q followers, but spread their misinformation willingly. Like the whole stuff about child trafficking is horrible, and they see it and think "hey child trafficking is horrible, i should repost this and get the word out"

And then if you call them out on this you're automatically labeled a pedophile enabler. Just one example.
Um, child trafficking is horrible and it’s a big problem, even here in the states. With the Super Bowl on the horizon the news was talking about how human trafficking always increases around the event. Asked people to be on the lookout for suspicious behavior. Not believing that doesn’t make you a pedophile but misinformed.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:34 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Yes, they do. They would hold two conflicting conspiracy beliefs at the same time - for instance, that in states where Republicans were elected to the House or Senate, while Biden won the state for President, the election was "stolen", the ballot box was stuffed, the machines were tampered with - even after recounts confirmed the results.

Qanon's conspiracy "theories" are just re-workings of the blood libels against Jews in medieval (and to this day) Europe, that Jews killed Christian children to use their blood to bake in Passover Matzohs, and that a Jewish cabal controls the world. These conspiracy lies are very useful in controlling people, mobilizing them to join in hatred of the "other" people. Just look at the Nazi party in Germany in the 20's and 30's.
im glad somebody else other than myself knows history thankyou

Old 01-29-2021, 02:37 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

that is a main qanon point so its cross cultural at best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies