Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 12:46 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,617,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
4 years of Trump and we are much farther from "great" than we were 4 years ago. Its a failed message that is what is wrong with it.
Liberals should own their own part in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 12:51 PM

63,081 posts, read 29,276,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
That is not what the hat is about and you know it.

Surely you are not that dumb.

The hat has always been a Trump symbol. It is the Trump brand stamped on your forehead like some ignorant barnyard animal. It says America is not great and only Trump can fix the imagined and selective failures that he identifies for you because I cannot think for yourself. It says "I am gullible" and that you willingly follow a con-man and a liar. And now it says that you support Trump's efforts to overthrow the constitution in order to remain in power. It says you are a loser and a pawn in Trump's game.

The attachment to racism or fascism exists because people hide behind the hat and their fellow Trumpers and espouse those ideas. Trumpers are all tarred with the same brush because they did not purge the racists and fascists and extremists from their ranks. Instead, they embraced extremism and still do as we have so recently seen.
No, it says that America is just not as great as it used to be and that's a fact! We have gotten away from the principals our country was founded on, not having civil disagreements anymore, not respecting our immigration laws, and the family values we once had among other things. Trump did try to put some respect back into our immigration laws and to secure our border. Why would you and yours find fault with that but instead attribute MAGA to something hateful? Trump was not trying to overthrow the Constitution by challenging the election results either. It was his right and every American's rights based on the Constitution itself to do that. How is that being a loser?

Utter BS that most Trump supporters or he himself is a racist. How do you purge people? WTH are you talking about? Have you and yours purged the radicals on your side? No, in fact you seem to defend them. Stating that we oppose racism and violence isn't enough for you and yours? WTH else do you want? No, it's a lie that most Trump supporters embrace extremism. That hat belongs squarely on the heads of the Democrats and their followers!

Old 01-12-2021, 12:54 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,062,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it says that America is just not as great as it used to be and that's a fact! We have gotten away from the principals our country was founded on, not having civil disagreements anymore, not respecting our immigration laws, and the family values we once had among other things. Trump did try to put some respect back into our immigration laws and to secure our border. Why would you and yours find fault with that but instead attribute MAGA to something hateful? Trump was not trying to overthrow the Constitution by challenging the election results either. It was his right and every American's rights based on the Constitution itself to do that. How is that being a loser?

Utter BS that most Trump supporters or he himself is a racist. How do you purge people? WTH are you talking about? Have you and yours purged the radicals on your side? No, in fact you seem to defend them. Stating that we oppose racism and violence isn't enough for you and yours? WTH else do you want? No, it's a lie that most Trump supporters embrace extremism. That hat belongs squarely on the heads of the Democrats and their followers!
What planet have you been living on for the past 5 years?!

Old 01-12-2021, 12:55 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

Meaning who?

Old 01-12-2021, 12:59 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And I thought I'd seen todays most hilarious post earlier, although that thread got deleted. So far you are the winner , this one is more hilarious. Keep them coming, laughter helps make the day go by faster.
^^^^^ When you have no argument against/can’t dismiss then the next step (above) is deflection.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:05 PM

29,611 posts, read 14,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ When you have no argument against/can’t dismiss then the next step (above) is deflection.
Deflection ? Nope, I gave an example, had you read further down the thread. It's all people want just to make a decent living like our parents and our grandparents did, with good paying jobs that one could raise a family on. For our country to think of itself first rather than other nations. To vet our borders and whom enters them to enhance our society.

Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personally, I thought we were greater than we are now, back in the 80s. But when I think of our "greatness", I don't even consider race, because it is not something that I ever had to think about back then. What I do think about is how much less globalism we had back then as compared to now. Everything was still made here, and the middle class was strong. My mother worked, but not because she had to. She worked to give us the extras in life. We could have got along just fine on my father's accountant's salary, alone. Everybody just seemed happy to me back then. I fully admit that I have no idea what it was like to be a black person in the 80's. My exposure to black people was limited to Eddie Murphy movies. As far as this white teenager was concerned, he was the funniest guy alive.

Now, nothing is made here anymore. People seem miserable, and at each other's throat. Families are 2 income families out of necessity. Back then, America was the only game in town. Nobody even came close. There was a lot of national pride, which is completely gone now. We just dont feel as great as we did back then, so when I hear Trump say "Make America Great Again", that is what I assume he is talking about.

This is exactly it.

For example, In the 60's Detroit had the highest per capita income in the country. Look at it now. Although it is making a comeback. FCA is building a new plant, and 100's of millions of dollars are being poured into old plants to make them state of the art. Amazon is building a hub. All bringing in 1000's of jobs. Businesses were doing great, and overall crime was dropping. Yes, Detroit was being made great again. Hopefully it will still be moving forward with this new administration. We shall see.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:38 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,339,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And a swastika is only a twisted cross. It's NOT the hat, it's what it REPRESENTS in peoples' minds. And what it represents is defined by what people have done in it's name. So yeah, after 4 years of neo-NAZIs, KKK members and other white supremacist types rallying under the hat's "banner" - and now with those same type of folks storming and overrunning the U.S. Capital building, it represents racism, white supremacy, insurrection and treason - and THAT will be it's enduring legacy.

MAGA reaps what it sowed.

Ken
Well, then I guess *these* neo-Nazis, KKK members, and other white supremacists missed the white supremacist/racism memo you speak of....

Old 01-12-2021, 01:48 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,228,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
When I see someone wearing a MAGA hat now, my first thought used to be, "He probably supports racism." or "He must feel very insecure.".

Now it's, "Why does he want to overthrow our government?".

Anyone feels the same way?

The deluded and brainwashed left in a nutshell.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:50 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,998,404 times
BLM represents riots that last for days, weeks, and month in most cities across the nation.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:55 PM

15,948 posts, read 12,326,396 times
My prediction... they will have banned these hats within the first year of Biden's presidency. Pick them up now and they'll become collectibles. You can anger the unwashed zombies by wearing one. Get yourself a ticket from the police for wearing it. Have all sorts of fun!

Watch for the "ban MAGA merchandise" push very soon. It's how these people operate. Honestly I don't even own something that says MAGA on it but I might pick one up just because I like to offend people and get them to open up their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies