Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 06:39 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
That is her perspective and her opinion. Neither of which deserve misunderstanding . Thats demeaning to do such. Empathy would go a wee bit further. Humans tend to strive for that in this age of disarray.

I experienced the riots and mayhem of the 1960's civil riots held in my home town. As a child I was absolutely terrified. My age today wouldn't make it any less terrifying either. The experience does impact a person. Until you walk a mile in those shoes.....
It can be terrifying and feel threatening when there is loud angry mobs roaming nearby. Though they did have a buffer of LE and SS between them and the mob.

I'm sure millions of innocent citizens felt the same way across the country last year when they were terrorized by mobs of blm antifa. And for the most part many of those citizens didn't have the buffer of LE, or SS, between them and the mobs. Yet, you and others on the left had been, and continue to be, unconcerned about what they'd faced.

Why do you people care more about politicians being fearful, though heavily protected from the mob, than you do the innocent citizens being terrorized, and often not protected from the mobs?

Old 01-13-2021, 06:40 AM

43,125 posts, read 18,290,317 times
is she only afraid of White Republicans or is she also afraid of White Democrats too ?

Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Well, none of the trespassers were armed and the only shot fired was one that killed an unarmed and diminutive female trespasser ...I guess that meets some folks definition of an armed insurrection in the Capital Building.
There were multiple weapons arrests. There were pipe bombs, guns, molotov cocktails. And some people improvised, like the guys who beat a cop with an American flag pole. Such pattiots.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:45 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Oh No...White supremacists...in my closet...under my bed...they’re everywhere...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thought-g...053708116.html
Maybe she is destined to become an actress...she certainly can bring on the drama.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:54 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Your first sentence, posed as fact is a puerile characterisation of reality. If you choose to believe that congress members were hoping their colleagues would be murdered and were actively involved in facilitating that, you are delusional. AOC has an excuse, her job is to push her handlers narrative. What is your excuse?
Sadly 2 of our (AZ) Reps were involved in this, Andy Biggs (R-AZ 5) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ 4)

Old 01-13-2021, 06:55 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
is she only afraid of White Republicans or is she also afraid of White Democrats too ?
I'm edgy about white Republicans and I'm white (hint: it's about the Republican part, not the white part)

Old 01-13-2021, 06:56 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Here comes the drama queen lol

Old 01-13-2021, 07:13 AM

34,099 posts, read 47,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
The irony of lecturing others on naivety..... AOC said she did not feel secure in the safe room, concerned that QAnon and white nationalist adjacent colleagues knew her location and "would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped."

If you believe this is true, or that AOC believed it to be true, you are delusional.
Is it really that farfetched of her to think so, seeing as that she is not well-liked?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-13-2021, 07:18 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,269 times
I can understand her fear. Her vitriol is infamous. However, I would have hoped one of the GOP congressmen who was contesting the count would have met with the mob and called for patience and peace so they could continue.
That would have been the sign of a real leader.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:45 AM

427 posts, read 223,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishGirl View Post
Except now she’s one of the youngest members of Congress, likely to stay there for a while too. Pre- radicalisation, some people would say she’s living the so called American dream, but because you don’t like her you demean her based on what you deem to be an insufficiently acceptable career. Seems like some people just have to look for more stuff to be outraged about, that must be exhausting.
She has a very keen intellect and routinely lays waste to her detractors on Twitter. The folks behind the curtain in the Republican party who are pulling the strings with a long view are concerned about her. They are doing everything they can to use ad hominem attacks to create muscle memory in voters and reduce her chances of increased future influence. Such voters are like Pavlov’s dogs, programmed to respond in the desired way without understanding why. A very effective tactic, unfortunately. It certainly worked against Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.