Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 05:44 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Both of the two major parties in the U.S. are facing something of an identity crisis right now. Neother os united in terms of policy or policy for how to move forward. In some respects, thisis a vulnerable time for us. However, I choose to be optiminstic and hope that this is the impetus for a strong third party, which I have flket we have needed for many, many years. The moderates in both parties will hopefully come together to create a viable third option that we moderate independents could support.
Now that's a thought I can get behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 05:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Plus the worst thing that the "radicals" of the left want is healthcare and education. The radical right wants to overthrow Democracy, arm schoolchildren, legislate prayer and lock people up without charges. Not to mention the sheer numbers of radical right and the weapons they bring to the "debate".
I'm fine with school prayer but don't make it organized an leave it open for people that don't want to take part.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Of course you have not taken the time to do in-depth research about those countries and how they pay for that. Once you see the whole story you see this is not the paradise it seems. Canada has universal healthcare. In Canada people wait months for procedures which are done on an urgent basis here. The case fatality rate for COVID-19 is double the US rate in Canada and the UK rate (with universal health insurance) is four times the US rate.
Not true.

The US has 1,220 deaths per million, and Canada has 471 deaths per million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...e-canada-trump

Old 01-16-2021, 06:04 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,199,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
We all know that if Republicans could "eat themselves", they'd never leave their tar paper shacks.
Sorry sweetie we leave tar paper shacks for you

Old 01-16-2021, 06:36 PM

612 posts, read 240,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And the radicals on the right haven't done that? I don't condone the actions of Maxine Waters but many on the right condone the actions by men like Rep. Gosar or President Trump. Do you?
I don't condone either side. I condemn both. Unfortunately very high powered Democrats don't feel the same way and neither does much of the media.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
I don't condone either side. I condemn both. Unfortunately very high powered Democrats don't feel the same way and neither does much of the media.
Nor do most Republicans especially Trump supporters.

Old 01-16-2021, 08:42 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Nor do most Republicans especially Trump supporters.
Then does this situation surprise you? Of these two evils (Dem & Repub), I don't see a 'lesser'.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Then does this situation surprise you? Of these two evils (Dem & Repub), I don't see a 'lesser'.
I have Gosar as the rep for my district, you really think I want a conspiracy nutter for my representative? I crap on Republicans since about 2013 because they think that Government Shutdowns are the way to go about business when it comes to debt issues. My mother was a D.O.D. civilian for almost 40 years, she would be furloughed while these idiots are paid to keep fighting? Then again, I don't recall Democrats inciting anything to the likes we saw a week and a half ago. Plain and simple, I may never register to be a Democrat, but I will NEVER register to be a Republican at this point.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:07 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdame View Post
That is a false myth spread by conservatives and people who have an agenda against Universal Healthcare.

I have friends in Canada and not once have they had to wait months for urgent procedures.
The average wait is 10 weeks for an MRI, what a joke.

I got one this year by the end of the business week, for a non emergency.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:17 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
They always end up imploding. Republicans are generally the do nothing group and Democrats are generally the imploding group. Now that the radicals are gaining more control on team Democrat, the fireworks will be fun to watch.
Agreed, the Dems will overreach and lose the house in 2022. Dem states are set to lose quite a few house seats after the census. Most of the gains will go to republican areas.

Last edited by Vlajos; 01-16-2021 at 11:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies