Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 09:13 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
The way I see it, if Trump is impeached and convicted by the Senate, many Republican members of Congress would basically be admitting they elected a corrupt person to be President of the United States. I don't see how they could get over that in the near future. We may not see another Republican president for 20 or more years.
What makes you think the Democrats can win the White House again without President Trump to run against?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 09:15 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Depends on how Joe and Harris performs.
So far, it's pretty bad

Old 01-19-2021, 09:16 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,893,417 times
Quote:
The way I see it, if Trump is impeached and convicted by the Senate, many Republican members of Congress would basically be admitting they elected a corrupt person to be President of the United States. I don't see how they could get over that in the near future. We may not see another Republican president for 20 or more years.
pretty much

their backlash is here and there will be more to come in abundance

Old 01-19-2021, 09:22 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Mostly because they’re just Demicans and Republicrats. We’ve almost been programmed that these are the birthright inhabitants of our system. They’ll swap every so often until we realize we’ve been had.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:41 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I don't know. Trump won using tactics that haven't been used by any presidential candidate in my lifetime. Was he a "one off", or did he create the blueprint for someone smarter and far more dangerous to use in the future?
That terrifies me. I could see one of his kids trying to run in 2024.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:55 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Now that elections are a complete joke Republicans can't win anything.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
That's what people said after Bush. Bush left a big mess and many thought it could never get worse than that, but the mess Trump has left makes Bush not seem so bad.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:06 PM

1,014 posts, read 480,268 times
They cannot. I didn't think Donald Trump was doing anything about the job as president anyway. So the guy's rich. That is it to his run as president.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:14 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I don't know. Trump won using tactics that haven't been used by any presidential candidate in my lifetime. Was he a "one off", or did he create the blueprint for someone smarter and far more dangerous to use in the future?
It will have to be somebody charismatic and who has a way of speaking and convincing people like Trump did who can also unite the fundamentalist Christians, the alt-right, and blue collar whites in the Rust Belt. It also has to come at a time when much of the country is overtaken by fear of cultural changes and wants to return to a more simple time rooted in traditional values and social hierarchies (this is what we saw in 2016 in response to the legalization of same-sex marriage and the increased visibility of transgender people).

That's a lot of ingredients that have to come together and for Trump, they all did. People like that don't come around very often.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:47 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
are you under 25 year old?

I'm an early millennial. Back when i was still in high school in the late 90s, they said Republican/Conservative will be extinct in 10 years because millennial will be the largest voting block in the future.

and then we got GWB for 8 years and Trump in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies