Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 07:45 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,570 times

Advertisements

I was curious to see how would Joe Biden give $4 billion dollars to Central America. We already are in debt as a country. This would not look good. I think Joe Biden should just concentrate on domestic affairs. Like trying to see if he could really help the economy into getting the minimum wage rate to increase to $15/hour. This would be nice. I bet he would get elected again, that would be 84 by the second term. He would really help out many Americans. And he would be raising the standard of living for many. But I think Joe Biden will retire after this one term in office as President. I'm not sure who will run for president after Joe Biden completes his tenure. I'll have to wait and see who is next in line for President. I would not be surprise if Kamala Harris places her bid as President. She would be the first women to run as President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2021, 07:47 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Throwing money to 3rd world countries has such a great track record of success and not going to waste to line the elites down there!

Fire up the printers!

Old 01-24-2021, 07:57 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Where is Biden going to get the 4 billion from?
To pay for this .... Biden will reprioritize money away from the Department of Homeland Security’s budget for detention

Old 01-24-2021, 08:05 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...entral-america

Thanks Joe for nothing, your ruining our country putting it further into debt
Some of these countries are so corrupt that you don't know where the money will end up, although I very much doubt it will end up helping the poor.

I wonder how much money flows through these countries due to the lucrative cocaine market.

As for leaving, many want to leave because of the violence and organised crime, and I don't think $4 billion is going to solve that problem. Indeed more open borders with Mexico and South America will just fuel the problems, as will increased immigration, which will inevitable lead to more recruits for well known violent street gangs which now run areas of US cities

Old 01-24-2021, 08:07 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
I was going to make a post about how if I was president I'd invade and take over all the land to the Panama Canal and make it part of the US, and noticed how much the Mexican population has exploded since 1960. (343% increase) The time to do that would have been 50-60 years ago. It would likely not be all that feasible today.

Old 01-24-2021, 08:10 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

As for leaving, many want to leave because of the violence and organised crime, and I don't think $4 billion is going to solve that problem. ....
Biden agrees with you. That's why there will be private investment as well as the individual South American countries contributing. $4 billion is just part of the overall expenditure.

Old 01-24-2021, 08:19 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,702 times
Before anyone complains about giving $4 billion to central America, they should first complain about the $38 billion the Trump Admin gave to Israel for "defense".

Israel already has a nuclear arsenal, why do they need $38 billion?

Old 01-24-2021, 08:26 AM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Biden said all along the plan is to straighten out the living situation in Central America, to stop the flow of immigrants coming into the USA from Central America. They are running away from Central America for a reason and the solution is fixable. Biden's trying to get them to have a reason to stay in their homeland rather than flee to the USA. Biden's been talking about this solution for several years.

Stopping the wall has paid for this $4 billion with a lot extra to spare. A lot of these immigrants end up being legal refugees because the are fleeing violence and persecution. So the wall wouldn't stop them anyway, because they meet the legal criteria to enter the US as refugees.
Most from south of our border are crashing it due to economic reasons not violence or persecution. There are also criminals and those from known terrorist countries entering through our southern border, thus the wall.

So we are going to pump up these country's government's instead of protecting our own border? I've got news for you we have been pumping money into those countries forever now and they only end up in the hands of their own corrupt government leaders, not the people. How many jobs have we outsourced to them already to?

Old 01-24-2021, 08:29 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Biden agrees with you. That's why there will be private investment as well as the individual South American countries contributing. $4 billion is just part of the overall expenditure.
Given the grip of the drug cartels and the levels of corruption do you really think this is going to lead to massive change.

The problems in South America are massive, and China is now their biggest trading partner.

Corruptions levels are massive, and there are lots of displaced people from countries such as Venezuela and Columbia.

Biden Can’t Pick Up in Latin America Where Obama Left Off - Bloomberg

Old 01-24-2021, 08:37 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...entral-america

Thanks Joe for nothing, your ruining our country putting it further into debt
Does this sorry excuse for a person even care about America and us? I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone with Corrupt Biden. I am beginning to feel like he knows he won't live much longer and he really wants to make a mark and be the person that screwed up this country the worst and caused a depression and wars. He wants to take us all down with him and have a big F-you to Trump. That's how much these people hate Trump. I don't get it.

Sometimes I also feel like he isn't making the decisions. I see Kamala setting things up and just putting in front of corrupt guy's face to get him to sign and they are having a hayday doing everything they want.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 01-24-2021 at 09:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies