Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 02:55 PM

962 posts, read 541,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
There IS a propaganda campaign! I have seen that admitted in many mainstream sources -- they want to make sure enough people get vaccinated, and they don't want anyone to be afraid of bad side effects. So of course they will try to hide information about side effects from us.

The link that I posted says, near the end, that the facebook groups where people can report these side effects are being taken down.

Most people will believe and obey the authorities no matter what they say. So the propaganda works. It works on people like you.

If the side effects mentioned on that page I linked are common, hardly anyone would trust these vaccines. Even if they aren't all that common, they would scare most people.

Is that page all a bunch of lies? Well if you think that, you are believing a conspiracy theory, right?
Once again, this is utter nonsense. No one is hiding the fact that this vaccine has side effects. Many people will experience side effects. There is no propaganda campaign to hide this. If anything, there's a campaign (and I'm trying my hardest too) to explain to people that, yes, you will likely feel soreness at the injection site, or lethargy, or joint pain, or even a fever in rare cases. However, doctors would be quick to tell you that this is the case for every vaccine. I got my flu shot a 9am. At 5pm, I felt lethargic, achy joints, like I was about to get sick. I woke up the next day perfectly fine. I expect to have a similar reaction once I am lucky enough to be vaccinated. I hope these side effects do not deter you from getting a shot. I promise you getting COVID will be worse than vaccine side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 03:01 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I get my information from original studies; yours is from propaganda, like the page you posted.

Facebook is hardly the place to "report" side effects. Sorry, that is just attention seeking.
Those original studies were done by the vaccine companies! It's very easy to fool people with statistics, and minimize side effects while exaggerating effectiveness.

They are reporting on facebook, probably, because they don't know where else to report their experiences.

Quote:
If the authorities were to lie about the vaccines they would get outed by whistleblowers. Like it or not, the vaccines are the way out of the mess the coronavirus has caused with the least damage.
I don't know how easy it will be for whistleblowers to out the authorities. People like you would believe the authorities over the whistleblowers anyway.

And yes, I know the vaccines are seen as a way to end the pandemic and the lockdowns. I know that people are desperate to get over this. Everyone wants the vaccines to be safe and effective -- but wishful thinking can make it hard to see the truth.

I would like to find a way to get at the truth, the real statistics on serious side effects. I posted here in case anyone has any ideas. The page I linked is all I found so far.

I have also read comments on a BMJ article -- which I hope I can find again -- by vaccine experts who are worried about the mRNA vaccines. No one seems to know if the lipid nanoparticles and the mRNA can get into the brain and cause inflammation.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
The vaccine has a long way to go to catch up to the carnage the virus has caused, and there is no evidence it will based on data coming in after millions of doses have been administered.
There is no evidence that the authorities have let us know about! Your faith in medical authorities is unshakable.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Where did you get your degree in immunology?

This is not my field of expertise. Luckily, we have experts whose job it is to review trials and claims made by drug companies. Do you really think a drug company just rolls up to the FDA with some powerpoints and walks away with an emergency use authorization? The Astra Zeneca vaccine is held up by the FDA as we speak because AZ screwed up its trial and is now trying to fix mistakes.

I understand why it is alluring to just distrust everybody save for the people that tell you what you want to hear. I sometimes fall for this too. But I believe we have extremely smart people in charge of the approval process for vaccines in the USA. I also trust this to be true for Canada, UK, and the EU.

Are you really saying you don't trust experts? That you don't trust the country's regulatory scheme? I know cynicism is rampant amongst conservatives writ large, but to simply distrust everything and everyone (except Trump?) is a miserable way to live.
I see this argument all the time. If you don't have a degree in a specific medical field you have no right to an opinion on that subject. We all must be helpless obedient dummies.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Ok, so you have a conclusion in mind, and you seem to be searching for facts that support that conclusion. As of today, millions upon millions of people have been vaccinated. Zero deaths. Or do you think its a cover up? Show me evidence, because otherwise its a conspiracy theory. And a bad one at that.

Next, you clearly fail to understand how this vaccine has been approved. I don't accept what drug companies say, because they have motives in conflict with mine. I DO accept what the FDA says, since they are experts, and I am not. Are you an expert?

Finally, the FDA doesn't just believe what drug companies say; that's ludicrous. Regulators pour over the data, too slow for some. Also, we have regulators around the world looking at the data from Pfizer, Moderna, et al. I trust experts to tell me the truth. If you don't that is an entirely separate problem from the question of whether vaccines have side effects. They do, btw, and that's okay.
Zero deaths? If someone dies soon after getting a vaccine, they can't prove the vaccine killed them. Therefore, we will never know how many were killed by the vaccines.

Maybe all the experiences on the page I linked are lies. Or maybe they aren't.

https://prezi.com/i/gw4zv2c_cwrb/ane...periences-cvv/

Old 02-03-2021, 03:08 PM

4,864 posts, read 2,674,972 times
ya pays your money..ya takes your chances..ain't no guarantees in life about anything..I'll gladly take my chances with the vaccine before taking a chance on catching covid-19..already had my 1st shot..

Old 02-03-2021, 03:09 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
I get my information from original studies; yours is from propaganda, like the page you posted.

Facebook is hardly the place to "report" side effects. Sorry, that is just attention seeking.

I have watched some videos of the "shakers" and I do not think what I see is compatible with any vaccine side effects. One of them looks like she's dancing, and I would be willing to bet none of them shake when they are asleep. They all have GoFundMe accounts. Not a conspiracy, just a way to make money.

https://www.wired.com/story/they-cla...nd-went-viral/

If the authorities were to lie about the vaccines they would get outed by whistleblowers. Like it or not, the vaccines are the way out of the mess the coronavirus has caused with the least damage.
There was one by the name of Brandy Vaughn. She even created her own site, questioning the effectiveness of vaccines.

Of course, she was constantly being harassed and later found dead. That this happened around the rollout of the COVID19 vaccination programs is a little...suspicious to say the least.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:10 PM

I will try to find that BMJ article and comments about side effects. Real vaccine experts stating real concerns. Stay tuned.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
How can we know if we are getting accurate information about the new vaccines' side effects? Is it possible they don't want us to know and are trying to prevent bad reactions from being reported?

Someone collected a lot of side effect reports on this page: https://prezi.com/i/gw4zv2c_cwrb/ane...periences-cvv/

But we can't tell from this what percentage had these reactions. I wonder if the drug companies, governments, etc., are keeping track of bad side effects, and analyzing and publishing them somewhere. All I see in mainstream sources is that side effects are rare and not serious.

But the people who wrote these reports would probably not agree.
I'm using VAERS.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/da...737A61F50E9FDD

It's not ideal. It's a passive reporting system & the CDC has admitted in the past that it only captures about 1% of all adverse vaccine reactions. It updates every Friday & as of last Friday there were:

9,794 Total adverse events reported
2,071 Adverse events that required a trip to the Emergency Room
1,201 Adverse events classified as "Serious"
585 Adverse events involving testing positive after vaccination
285 Deaths after vaccination

The media is playing games with their reporting. Look up Shawn Skelton on social media. She's leaving her page public so you can. Go back to posts starting January 7. Some of her videos have been removed but you can see what a serious adverse event to the covid vaccine looks like. She can't work anymore but got the covid vaccine for work. At least she's not dead.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:16 PM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
I see this argument all the time. If you don't have a degree in a specific medical field you have no right to an opinion on that subject. We all must be helpless obedient dummies.
I see Dunning Kruger all the time too. I'm not saying you have no right. I'm just saying your facts are wrong and you should trust people who know what they're talking about.

You have some deep-seated distrust. It's just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies