Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 03:12 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times

Advertisements

I have to think that both legal and illegal immigrants are sending money back to their homeland, wherever that is. But I don't believe that aspect is illegal. How would you stop it anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 03:43 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
In 2013, the Social Security Administration’s Office of the Chief Actuary estimated that more than [b]40 percent of all illegal aliens working in the U.S. were doing so using fake or stolen SSNs.
Quote:
The IRS is defending its decision to let illegal immigrants claim up to three years’ refunds on income even if they never paid income taxes
What does this have to do with migrant workers? You remember the topic of your OP, right? Migrant workers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I have to think that both legal and illegal immigrants are sending money back to their homeland, wherever that is. But I don't believe that aspect is illegal.
It's not, and it's no different from what millions of immigrants have done over the past 150 years, if not longer. The OP is just choosing to be outraged about a topic s/he seems to be a little confused about.

Old 02-03-2021, 03:59 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What does this have to do with migrant workers? You remember the topic of your OP, right? Migrant workers?

It's not, and it's no different from what millions of immigrants have done over the past 150 years, if not longer. The OP is just choosing to be outraged about a topic s/he seems to be a little confused about.

Definitions of Migrant and Immigrant

from Wikipedia

America
About 1/3 of all migrant workers in North America are illegal immigrants from Mexico (5/15 million).

a Migrant worker can be a illegal alien or legal worker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrant_worker

Immigration is the international movement of people to a destination country of which they are not natives or where they do not possess citizenship in order to settle as permanent residents or naturalized citizens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration

Old 02-03-2021, 04:06 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
For some, America is still a land of great opportunity.

I notice the article says migrants, not illegal immigrants. Are you against legal migrants?
Illegal alien sympathizers often blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens and lump them all under plain ole "migrants". Surely you know this.

Old 02-03-2021, 04:10 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
The theft of Social Security numbers

In 2013, the Social Security Administration’s Office of the Chief Actuary estimated that more than 40 percent of all illegal aliens working in the U.S. were doing so using fake or stolen SSNs. Elsewhere, the office has put the figure as high as 75 percent. And the crime is as serious as it is widespread.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s%20widespread.
did I say they weren't stealing ID's? No, I did not. What I said was:

Quote:
One, the majority of illegals do not pay taxes. You had to file a tax return to get the stimulus.
using a stolen/fake SS# at best means they're having payroll taxes deducted. They are NOT filing tax returns under those illegal ID's.

Old 02-03-2021, 04:12 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Remember when Trump's winery hired migrant workers?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0d9f9be685691
The Huffington Post? LOL! Doesn't get more leftist than that! There is no proof that Trump "knowingly" had illegals working for him or he would have been charged with it and convicted but don't let the legal process get in the way of your leftist lies!

Old 02-03-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Posting numbers without context is disingenuous at best, intentionally misleading at worst. That $40B is .191% of the US GDP. We'll get over it. Furthermore, how much tax did we collect (even illegals have to pay sales tax, property tax, etc) from illegal immigrants? Again, stop cherry picking data to further your agenda.
they pay exactly $0 in US Sales Tax.
they pay exactly $0 in US Property tax.

I doubt they pay significant property tax, unless they pay cash for a home.

Old 02-03-2021, 04:16 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
did I say they weren't stealing ID's? No, I did not. What I said was:

using a stolen/fake SS# at best means they're having payroll taxes deducted. They are NOT filing tax returns under those illegal ID's.
IRS defends paying refunds to illegals who never filed taxes

The IRS is defending its decision to let illegal immigrants claim up to three years’ refunds on income even if they never paid income taxes, telling Congress in a new letter last week that agency lawyers have concluded getting a Social Security number triggers the ability to go back and ask for previous refunds.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-filed-taxes/

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/in...4-b000a89576cc

Last edited by ttboy; 02-03-2021 at 04:31 PM..

Old 02-03-2021, 04:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
No wonder Mexico doesn’t want to shut off the spigot of Illegal Immigration, Mexico gets the windfall while American taxpayers get the bill, for education, healthcare, and housing.

Mexican migrants sent home a record $40 billion in 2020

Money sent home by Mexican migrants rose 11.4% in 2020 to a new high despite the coronavirus pandemic, Mexico’s central bank reported Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/m...212758354.html
The illegals have sent trillions of dollars out of our country.. it is no longer circulating in our economy. That is why we have to keep printing more money and we are so in debt.. China gets a ton of money too and they are now building with our money many , many huge all new state of the art cities in Communist China from the ground up making NYC look like a dump.

Old 02-03-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I have to think that both legal and illegal immigrants are sending money back to their homeland, wherever that is. But I don't believe that aspect is illegal. How would you stop it anyway?
it's not illegal at all - unless a law was passed requiring some sort of ID showing you're here legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies