Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 09:29 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,678,853 times

Advertisements

I don't know who the guy is but I do find it ironic that all these companies are removing him yet still have content on their platform that uses the "n" word and still endorse other musicians that have used the "n" word. At least they should have one standard for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 09:46 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
There was a time when Americans would have believed that New Testament era Jews were completely crazy for making the very utterance of a specific word an offense punishable by immediate death. In their case, that was Jehovah. Today, we've turned the n-word into exactly the same thing.

Giving any word that much power is ridiculous!! Anyone who can be emotionally traumatized just by hearing "the forbidden word" is pathetic!!

As a matter of respect and good manners, I do not use that word, but it is astounding how pathetic and fragile so many people are on the matter. Our ancestors had to worry about things like starving to death and being massacred by another tribe. We worry about a frickin word.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:53 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
My ex loved her some country and she was black. She loved the deep voices of country. Namely Randy Travis and Josh Turner.
It's VERY rare that blacks like country. I've been in the inner city my whole life, a hundred thundering Tahoes drive by my house EVERY day with their trash on booming my house to s---, and NOT ONCE have I heard one of them playing a country music song.

Get real.

Regarding Rucker and Kane Brown (a guys who is so black, the average granny would have to be told that, with his blue eyes and all that) both have white wives. They don't have a Nigerian or Congolese wife. But they have "black pride"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Dude.....it was one white guy jokingly saying it to another white guy in what he rightfully expected to be a private conversation between friends.

At worst you might say that that sort of "privilege" is reserved for Blacks (which is stupid) and that his attempting to co-opt the use of the word in that situation amounts to cultural appropriation (which is completely ridiculous).

Tell you what......why don't Dems just issue a proclamation that declares EVERYTHING that white people say in ANY context to be RACIST and get it over with?

Because God forbid you loose the power of certain words to be as offensive as you've made them.
Agreed.

Quote:
These words have no more power or significance than you assign them.

If one is somehow worse than the other, it's because you want it to be.

Racism......REAL racism was dying the slow death that it deserves until the Left decided to help it up, dust it off and nurse it back to health to use as a political weapon.

Welcome to the world you created.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
We go through this every year and people still don't understand.

If you are white and are caught saying the N Word then your going to be called out, fired and or boycotted. It's simple, stop saying the word.
He was drunk and in the privacy of his own world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I grew up when gangster rap was all the rage like NWA, etc. And I am a white guy. I still listen to it sometimes. I don't make the rules. The N word is not just some word as some have said here. It is tied directly to the time of slavery, Jim Crow and all the segregation that went on until just a few decades ago. I know a news anchor who was fired for saying the N word by accident when he was talking about MLK day. And a basketball announcer was suspended again for accidentally saying the word. Like I said I do not make the rules its in ones best interest to follow them.

But if you are a white public figure today yelling the N word in the middle of the street is dumb move. If Wallen is out partying all night to the point he loses all judgement perhaps he should deal with his drinking problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I do think people need to be careful of what they say and do particularly celebrities and people who are in the limelight. However the sneakiness of catching people is getting old. This incident just seems overblown. He said a bad word when drunk walking into a house. Move on. But people love this stuff.

The Leftist PC Gestapo are all about catching people today just doing the most nonsense things and cancelling them. On Facebook these nuts always tell me how they "screen shot" my posts. It's evil, is what it is. They are evil people, just trying to get people in trouble for harmless stuff they deem "offensive".

Old 02-05-2021, 10:08 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
Why?

Are you afraid that it might lose its power and that will diminish the power of identity politics as a political weapon?

Have you really no clue how ridiculous this all is?
It may be ridiculous but we can't change it. So stop saying the word, it's pretty simple.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:22 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
country singer sells more records after using the N word. I’m shocked.. lol

Old 02-05-2021, 10:22 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
It may be ridiculous but we can't change it. So stop saying the word, it's pretty simple.
I suspect the word has become more popular than ever,.... and it sells music.

I associate ******, with people who have sex with their mother- the power of (the)music (industry).

Last edited by Joe90; 02-05-2021 at 10:49 AM..

Old 02-05-2021, 10:54 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:

I don't use the word.

I don't want to use the word.

I want you and the Left to realize that it's NOT ok for make excuses for some people who use the word, while making it a sky is falling taboo for others to use the word based on the color of their skin.

Because when you do that, you take away all it's power.....

And then nobody will give a crap about it either way.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:13 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Wallen appears to be a walkin' talkin' self-contained biosphere of every wobbly country music artist cliché ever. It might have worked when you could carve a respectable music career selling 45's out of the back of your pickup truck after a barn dance and a little airplay on 500 watt AM radio station broadcasting out of some corn field but I can assure you, now that the industry is largely powered by multinational entertainment conglomerates this racist dope's antics just brought himself a well deserved ticket to being little more than five point score in a music trivia game. Ya' done screwed up there son, enjoy your future career in the exciting world of heating and air conditioning sales and service.

Maybe there's a song in this.
♪ Twang ♫

True enough.
Wallen's days as a performer may be over for good, but the guy is a very skilled song writer.

Writing songs is quite often a better and longer career than performing, so Wallen can survive.

His songwriting ability could also put him back onstage eventually too.
But his days of being the hot new thing suddenly ended for good. Racism sticks to a country career like alcoholism used to stick.

Country music is now enormously popular all over the world, and the industry is very anxious to bury its racist past as deep as possible.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Country music is now enormously popular all over the world, and the industry is very anxious to bury its racist past as deep as possible.
And put WOKE artists like "Keb Mo" (one of the stupidest name in the history of music) and his anti-American, Leftist songs like "This is my home" on the Opry.

I have noticed the BLM supporting anti-American push on the platform like the Opry since Saint Floyd died last year.

Granted the Dixie Chicks came before this sick WOKE trend, and people like Willie Nelson and other have vocal about how they are proud liberals.

It's the one genre of music left that has at least some ardent conservatives in its ranks. The WOKES will try to contaminate it, as well, as we see them doing right now.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:27 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,897 times
Country boy got a little too comfortable throwing those go-to words around.

schadenfreude

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies