Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 07:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

The real reason the left is bragging about having “fortified” elections since before the first COVID case was even reported in the US:

“Studies have shown that when people don’t think their vote will count or fear casting it will be a hassle, they’re far less likely to participate.”

Confession through projection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theterribleone View Post
Instead of focusing on a stupid fake vote scandal, Trump should have focused on this. He always cut his nose off for no reason. The establishment is going to punish anyone that supported the guy.
It’s sort of hard to focus on a “shadow cabal” before they come out of the shadows to brag.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:14 PM

“2020 Presidential Election Lawsuits Related to Election Integrity”

http://wiseenergy.org/Energy/Electio...y4qWIB38XWRmWc

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-09-2021 at 07:48 PM..

Old 02-09-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That is of course correct.

Trump fans, this was simple: You're backing a man whose main political talent is that of making everything about him. And while you clearly see some qualities in him, he was quite repulsive to a huge portion of the country. He - and that was entirely his doing - turned the election into a referendum on himself. The Republican Party didn't even publish a 2020 platform, they literally made their platform "Supporting the president".

So the opposition mobilized. Organized. Realized that they were a broader alliance than would most often be the case. But they brought out their message, brought out the voters, mostly kept the extremists from taking to the streets around the election, managed expectations during the counting process. That's not just legal, it's how politics is supposed to work. And those efforts are the efforts described in the article. There's not a comma that can be construed as confession of malfeasance.

You were just outmaneuvered.
That’s excellent. Let’s see how this plays out! It certainly couldn’t backfire!

You know what one of the most profound findings to come out of the social sciences in the 20th century? If you pair up a dominate mouse with one that is smaller and you get them to play with each other, two things are learned:

1. The dominate mouse almost always wins.
2. If the dominate mouse doesn’t allow the smaller mouse to win at least 20% of the time, the mouse no longer wants to play.

The mouse no longer wants to play. We’re obviously not mice, we can be far more destructive and punitive. So, you know, you might want to think about these statistics if you think you can just brush off the “other half.”

“ Biden swept the commanding heights of the economy. He got 97 percent of the contributions at Google and Facebook, 96 percent at Harvard, 91 percent at the consultants Deloitte, and (back here on planet Earth) 90 percent at the New York City Department of Education. Trump had no such near-unanimous affiliation, though he took 66 percent of contributions from the Marines, and 69 percent from the NYPD. Biden’s most loyal followers by occupation included professors (94 percent), librarians (93 percent), therapists (92 percent), and lawyers (88 percent). Trump got homemakers (96 percent), welders (84 percent), HVAC professionals (82 percent), farmers (75 percent), and custodians (59 percent).”

https://tnr-reg.onecount.net/onecoun...2lg5ljs1856e62

What are all of the elites going to do when their ultimate goal plays out, assuming they don’t erect gulags, and they can’t get food, housing or security? Are they going to sit around an eat their own manufactured lies? I guess that’s better than them believing the lies they tell everyone.

But what does that even matter? It’s all a social construction anyways and you and I are avatars in a uniquely racist country in a uniquely racist part of history in a uniquely placed planet full of people who couldn’t change even if they wanted to because they’re implicitly racist. Words and silence can both be, seemingly, violence at the same time. Like a superposition of a subatomic particle but different. If that wasn’t so bad action and inactions can be aggressions, I’m sorry, micro aggressions.

So if it’s all just socially constructed anyways why must the right relinquish power to the left when they’re so clearly armed more? What’s it matter anyways, it’s just an astronomically random uprising of life anyways on one of tens of billions of possible life sustaining planets. And if that wasn’t frustrating enough, it will take you millions of years to get to even the closest one if you can get your act together and start exploring.

That’s a great message being sent out around the globe right now. What’s the worst that could happen? Wouldn’t it be silly if we ended all of this over something we had already mostly beat back, tribalism?

What I’m trying to say is you’re the big rat. You have academia, unions, government, tech, media... If the left goes in for the kill like it seems to be begging to do, why should the right play along? If they start to believe the propaganda of the left they will disconnect from reality and find themselves as avatars. If you’re in a game you might find yourself breaking down a door with a gun pointed at your head that just so happens to fire and you become a causality.

Idk how we get out of this Hobbesian Trap. I wish there wasn’t a campaign to make sure we don’t even have a recourse to work things out. If half the country is labeled a terrorist I don’t really see this working out. We might need a divorce. We’ll take your ability to build houses, eat and be safe in what decrepit bungholes you erect. Good luck telling the hoardes of empty and homeless mouths!

No part of this is fun. I do not enjoy this. I left this forum years ago only to return now.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-09-2021 at 09:05 PM..

Old 02-09-2021, 08:50 PM

You can’t mention a dystopian future without bringing up one...
Attached Thumbnails
TIME magazine piece admits the quiet part about the 2020 election OUT LOUD-75ba13a4-1263-48d0-a11e-7aa84e17aa97.jpeg  

Old 02-10-2021, 04:38 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
“Studies have shown that when people don’t think their vote will count or fear casting it will be a hassle, they’re far less likely to participate.”
Heaven forbid we should make it easier for people to vote, and then encourage them to do so.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantRoads View Post
So basically Time admits they rigged the election and there really is a Deep State
Someone else who didn't read the article.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
a more objective reading of what transpired, one would make the case that our Constitutional Republic (Democracy, LOL) was actually trampled underfoot by these Shadow people.
If that's what you came away with, then no, you didn't read the article.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Heaven forbid we should make it easier for people to vote, and then encourage them to do so.
I’m going to attempt to translate that into what a normal person not completely afflicted with ideology sees when you write that after having personal experience of the left’s dystopian future the left would usher in for us all. All hail the king!

Heaven forbid we should ask people for ID, verify millions upon millions of mail in votes, have some sort of system that makes sure the US election system works as it should, the news be actual news and not propaganda slanted almost entirely to one side. Heaven forbid we try to not have a conspiracy between government, business, unions, media, tech and “community activist” to not afflict the nation in terror to achieve its ends. After all, the Time article basically told you they had complete control over the BLM riots/protest. They were able to get them to “stand by” long enough to make sure the public didn’t remember their cities are still boarded up with BLM propaganda all over the protective barriers.

Meanwhile the left denigrates borders.

“Obviously the greengrocer is indifferent to the semantic content of the slogan on exhibit; he does not put the slogan in his window from any personal desire to acquaint the public with the ideal it expresses. This, of course, does not mean that his action has no motive or significance at all, or that the slogan communicates nothing to anyone. The slogan is really a sign, and as such it contains a subliminal but very definite message. Verbally, it might be expressed this way: "I, the greengrocer XY, live here and I know what I must do. I behave in the manner expected of me. I can be depended upon and am beyond reproach. I am obedient and therefore I have the right to be left in peace." This message, of course, has an addressee: it is directed above, to the greengrocer's superior, and at the same time it is a shield that protects the greengrocer from potential informers. The slogan's real meaning, therefore, is rooted firmly in the greengrocer's existence. It reflects his vital interests.”

https://hac.bard.edu/amor-mundi/the-...vel-2011-12-23

Last edited by BigJon3475; 02-10-2021 at 09:40 PM..

Old 02-10-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
So basically Time admits they rigged the election and there really is a Deep State, no matter how much make up you put on the pig.

Is it any surprise though, we've been rigging elections around the world for how long?

Libya was toppled under Obama and a puppet installed, and the left is baffled why anyone would accuse them of rigging our own election(s)?

The 1984 double speak by Time is classic though, I'll give their propaganda piece that.
In this particular case it seems like Animal Farm is more appropriate (if that’s the right verbiage).

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

~Animal Farm~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies