Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 09:13 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,291,193 times

Advertisements

Are some of these started by the left? Who knows? But it would certainly play into the obvious gullibility of the ultra right.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:14 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,721,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Who cares what Qanon thinks? I can tell you 99.9% of the right don't. The way the left is leaning on Qanon to disparage the whole of the right I'm starting to think it's controlled opposition.
To be fair, do you defend a majority of Republican Senators and Representatives thinking that Trump's antics to subvert the election is ok? It isn't a long walk from that mindset to Qanon. That's why I ask. Hell, Republicans in the House wouldn't admonish Greene over her Qanon comments. It DOES seem that Republicans are into this Qanon stuff.

Maybe not every last one, but enough to stoke fear in the hearts of Republican politicians that they might be shown the door if they don't follow suit with what Qanon believes.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:19 AM

5,613 posts, read 2,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Curiously, a study showed that the more educated the person, the more likely they were to buy into the QAnon mythology .

Link?

Old 02-09-2021, 09:20 AM

13,041 posts, read 22,249,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Every thread regarding this Q thing, whatever it is, is started by leftists. Never even heard of it until a few months ago. They can't stop talking about it. A strange obsession for sure.
Then you haven't been paying attention. There are several resident Q conspiracy nuts that have started dozens (hundreds maybe) of threads regurgitating Q conspiracies since prior to the election (though several went pretty quiet right around January 6th). They're frequent flyers here and if you've been in Politics & Other Controversies threads at all, you would recognize the names. But it's the theories themselves that proliferated more than the "Qanon" name. My deeply conservative father (who is an incredibly smart man) has shared several of them on Facebook but still says he doesn't know anything about Qanon (and I'm confident he's not lying). It's not some super massive, organized entity, but the relatively small fringe has pushed out a whole lot of nonsense, some of which has been embraced on a much larger scale by people who have no idea who/what "Q" is nor would they identify as followers of Qanon.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:22 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,716,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
Example of mental illness in America. But very predictable with the high uninsured and living in denial.
Let's not forget the extensive prescription and illegal drug abuse. Just like their leader Trump who is a cocaine/adderall/and who knows what else, many have been doing drugs so long their minds are wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4SYieKz8m8

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...27s+drug+abuse

Old 02-09-2021, 09:22 AM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
So evidently QAnon believes that on March 4th Trump will have his official second term inauguration.

And of course the Trump DC hotel has hiked it's room prices in anticipation (that's another thread).

My question is this, how do these folks explaining away the thousands of things they have predicted and not happened?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...march-4-2021-2

(the reason why this article focuses on the price of the hotel is because it's a business site)

So when he doesn't get sworn in and they've paid outrageous hotel room prices do they still believe?

Remember some years ago, when the world was supposed to come to an end on a certain date, and the "Rapture" would take righteous Christians into heaven? They were waiting, but the magic date came and went, and nothing happened.

It's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha;
Is this like the new Y2K?

See above.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:25 AM

936 posts, read 2,076,678 times
Quote:
Who cares what Qanon thinks? I can tell you 99.9% of the right don't. The way the left is leaning on Qanon to disparage the whole of the right I'm starting to think it's controlled opposition.
Sounds familiar doesn't it? (hint,hint:antifa)

Old 02-09-2021, 09:27 AM

770 posts, read 304,459 times
Quote:

Isn't Qanon the one responsible for pushing the idea that there is a deep state? An awful lot of Republicans around here and elsewhere to this day think thousands of government employees were working in harmony to destroy the Trump administration. Seems disingenuous to me to say 99% of Republicans don't believe the garbage that Q spews.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:30 AM

5,318 posts, read 2,130,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Isn't Qanon the one responsible for pushing the idea that there is a deep state? An awful lot of Republicans around here and elsewhere to this day think thousands of government employees were working in harmony to destroy the Trump administration. Seems disingenuous to me to say 99% of Republicans don't believe the garbage that Q spews.
The idea of a deep state predates QAnon, but it is part of it all.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:33 AM

45,873 posts, read 27,520,206 times
Qanon: Trump will be sworn in on March 4th ??

This is a news story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies