Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 04:27 PM

21,939 posts, read 25,307,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well Bloomberg has the following...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ndalorian-star

Disney also claimed that she will not be working for them because of statements made that "denigrated cultural and religious backgrounds"

In the very nature of cancel culture, Disney clearly endorse the view Carano's statements are antisemitic, since they have not condemned those statements then they must clearly agree with them. Much like people who have not issued statements that support BLM, or MeToo clearly disagree with both of those movements, as they have not explicitly declared their support.

Isn't that how it works?
I don't know. Is getting upset at Disney because a rando on the Internet said something, In this case a Bloomberg opinion piece, how it works these days?

Where on that slippery slope do you draw the line? Taliban said Western values are bad, blame Trump. Seems silly but maybe that's how it does work these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 05:56 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,555,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I don't know. Is getting upset at Disney because a rando on the Internet said something, In this case a Bloomberg opinion piece, how it works these days?

Where on that slippery slope do you draw the line? Taliban said Western values are bad, blame Trump. Seems silly but maybe that's how it does work these days.

It was not "some rando on the internet" who fired Carano or slandered her with these deceitful comments, which they had to make up, since they had no legitimate honest reason to base her firing. It was Disney.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It was not "some rando on the internet" who fired Carano or slandered her with these deceitful comments, which they had to make up, since they had no legitimate honest reason to base her firing. It was Disney.
Well, do feel free to educate us with where Disney said she was anti-semitic or called her posts anti-semitic. Until then I'm sticking with it being an Internet rando and find it silly to get upset about.

Of course you can disagree with Disney's characterization of her posts. Maybe you don't find them disparaging or abhorrent. I'm not sure if agree with abhorrent. I'd say they were stupid, but abhorrent is stronger word than I'd use to characterize them. But that's neither here nor there. Disney's opinion was they were abhorrent. If you want to be upset about that characterization, that would make some sense. At least that's something Disney did say rather than something some rando on the Internet said.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:07 PM

9,389 posts, read 7,025,032 times
https://deadline.com/2021/02/gina-ca...re-1234692971/

Thank god there still is karma and justice existing in America even if fleeting.

Old 02-14-2021, 09:27 PM

10,039 posts, read 5,749,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
There used to be protections in place for such a thing...............They were called unions.........
They still exist. SAG is one of them, and she's a member. You think they care?

Old 02-15-2021, 07:10 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,293,163 times
Quote:
Well, do feel free to educate us with where Disney said she was anti-semitic or called her posts anti-semitic. Until then I'm sticking with it being an Internet rando and find it silly to get upset about.
That's pretty much irrelevant at this time, Disney have chosen to permit this narrative to propagate. If they don't agree with the narrative they can easily make a clarification.

That's pretty much what was demanded of Chris Pratt in relation to his opinion on LGBTIA+, when he was dog piled on Twitter by a bunch of loons, demanding a self-identified Christian to clarify his views on the LGBTIA+ even though he had made no comments or remarks that may lead anyone to think he had any issue with the LQBTQIA community.

It's in Disney's best interests, if they agree with the current narrative, they lose nothing, if they don't they might prevent more people dropping subscriptions based on many authoritative news sources ascribing that Disney dropped Carano due to antisemitism.

Quote:
Of course you can disagree with Disney's characterization of her posts. Maybe you don't find them disparaging or abhorrent. I'm not sure if agree with abhorrent. I'd say they were stupid, but abhorrent is stronger word than I'd use to characterize them. But that's neither here nor there. Disney's opinion was they were abhorrent. If you want to be upset about that characterization, that would make some sense. At least that's something Disney did say rather than something some rando on the Internet said.
As I said Disney is choosing to enable a narrative that they may not have stated explicitly, but they are continuing to implicitly endorse by not correcting that narrative.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:31 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
Quote:
If by subjective you mean repeating historical fact is now potentially sensitive, racist, antisemitic, sure.

That's going to be tough on people working in education, history, or historical monuments. Since discussing slavery in the South will clearly be racist, discussing women's suffrage is clearly sexist, and obviously Yad Vashem is antisemitic.
As I said - what is or isn't anti-Semitic is personal opinion/subjective. It's not really a tough concept to grasp.

I'm not Jewish, so I'm not qualified to weigh in.

Old 02-15-2021, 09:25 AM

2,082 posts, read 927,844 times
Kevin Sorbo Highlights Disney Hypocrisy: Ignored Producer’s ‘MAGA Kids into the Woodchipper’ Post

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...dchipper-post/

Old 02-15-2021, 09:27 AM

29,732 posts, read 14,807,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Kevin Sorbo Highlights Disney Hypocrisy: Ignored Producer’s ‘MAGA Kids into the Woodchipper’ Post

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...dchipper-post/
Absolutely unreal ! And que the apologists defending this....

Old 02-15-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
That's pretty much irrelevant at this time, Disney have chosen to permit this narrative to propagate. If they don't agree with the narrative they can easily make a clarification.

That's pretty much what was demanded of Chris Pratt in relation to his opinion on LGBTIA+, when he was dog piled on Twitter by a bunch of loons, demanding a self-identified Christian to clarify his views on the LGBTIA+ even though he had made no comments or remarks that may lead anyone to think he had any issue with the LQBTQIA community.

It's in Disney's best interests, if they agree with the current narrative, they lose nothing, if they don't they might prevent more people dropping subscriptions based on many authoritative news sources ascribing that Disney dropped Carano due to antisemitism.

As I said Disney is choosing to enable a narrative that they may not have stated explicitly, but they are continuing to implicitly endorse by not correcting that narrative.
Well, it's always anyone's perogative to, as you put it, be a loon. Not much more to say on that subject since we seem to agree that blaming Disney for what some Internet rando said is silly or looney. Just semantics there.

Chris Pratt was about Hillsong which is decidedly, as many churches are, not very embracing of LGBTQ stuff. Also regardless of whatever some randos on the internet may have claimed that his attending Hillsong made him a huge homophobe, Disney doesn't much care seeing as he's gone on to do another two films with them.

Last edited by Malloric; 02-15-2021 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies