Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 04:59 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Here’s the big difference: nobody is supporting Cuomo including his fellow democrats. We don’t know if he threatened that representative, but that should definitely be investigated. If Cuomo took a page from Trump’s book and adopted his tactics we can be sure there will be no protests, demonstration or crazy conspiracy theories. No chance we’ll see the same crazy attitude that we saw with Trump.

As an aside - if Biden’s administration will also adopt similar tactics, he will be replaced with someone else. Everyone (with the exception of Trump) can be replaced. Democrats do not worship idols.
Bwahahahhahahhaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 06:07 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,537,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/polit...ome/index.html

This is, how do we say, unacceptable.

He murders 5000 people then threatens to destroy his own political apparatus if they do not cover for him.

I will ask for the last time, why isn't he in jail?

Also, did any of you buy his book or fawn over his political handling of COVID?

If so, please do retract.
More like 15000 people. He is history.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:37 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Here’s the big difference: nobody is supporting Cuomo including his fellow democrats. We don’t know if he threatened that representative, but that should definitely be investigated. If Cuomo took a page from Trump’s book and adopted his tactics we can be sure there will be no protests, demonstration or crazy conspiracy theories. No chance we’ll see the same crazy attitude that we saw with Trump.

As an aside - if Biden’s administration will also adopt similar tactics, he will be replaced with someone else. Everyone (with the exception of Trump) can be replaced. Democrats do not worship idols.
I’ve seen quite a few cultists still supporting him, actually.

Old 02-18-2021, 09:23 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,467,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
I’ve seen quite a few cultists still supporting him, actually.
I know it’s hard to believe....No protests, no crazed mobs, no conspiracies (who started the “illegal” investigation?), no senators lying to save his ass. Democrat AG immediately launched an investigation. I know, after the last four years, it’s inconceivable.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:03 AM

20,089 posts, read 20,897,502 times
But Trump?!!!? wonk wonk wonk

Old 02-19-2021, 07:49 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,809,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No, the white house sent medical ships to NY, Cuomo rejected them.

Cuomo killed those nursing home seniors. 5000 deaths at least are his immediate responsibility.
The ship was docked off of Manhattan and had arrived on March 30th. Evidently, the ship only treated 179 patients. Source: NavyTimes " Navy hospital ship sent to NYC for outbreak no longer needed, says Cuomo."
I know there was some controversy early on about the ship not taking Covid patients, but I think that was reversed. Even with the ship still there , it would have made only a small dent in the 5,000 deaths in the nursing homes.

I want to hear Cuomo's side of the story before I call for his head on a platter. We saw what happened in Italy. A lot of seniors died in order to save some one younger and more viable. Hard choices had to be made there, and I would guess in New York as well.

Old 02-19-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Why did Cuomo send COVID infected elderly into nursing homes rather than to the Navy hospital ship that Trump sent to NY? The ship sat empty! Was Cuomo so determined to keep Trump from looking good in sending the rescue shut that he’d prefer to kill nursing home residents?

And before you say that’s ridiculous, Cuomo did express disappointment that the vaccine was developed - said it came “two months too early.” IOW, he’d rather another few thousand NYers die than have it on record that the vaccine was developed so quickly under Trump. YES.....the liberal hate for Trump is THAT extreme.
We have to look at the timeline and how fast Covid kills people. From infection to death can take about 3 weeks. Covid has a higher mortality in older patients, and could be as high as 10% for those over 70, and as high as 16% for those in their 80's. Covid hit New York as early as January, and spread like wild fire. That ship didn't arrive until March. Nobody knew that Covid had been in New Yorlk as early as January. By that time it was too late. It was easy for the virus to infect nursing home patients and spread like wild fire in that community. Don't forget, New York is a major port of entry from around the globe, and while people in Trump's administration was focused on China, New York was being infected from Europeans.

I tried researching Cuomo's comment that the vaccine came two months too early and can't find any source. If you have one, please provide it unless it's one of those right wing lie factories that don't have a credible rating from mediabias factcheck. This disinformation and propaganda nonsense has to be defeated. People going around believing lies is not good for our country. We saw what happened at the capital.

I'll give you that Trump was hated, but it goes deeper than just hate. You have to ask why. What we the people voted out was a cult like despot wanna be who was the most corrupt president we've ever seen. You might want to deny it because you voted with the cult of personality, are tribal, and after all, they all do it right? Normalizing conspiracy theories, lies, and propaganda are not what the vast majority of what we the people want. Placing one man over country? You might want to examine what that need would fulfill.

I have a dear friend that believes with all his heart that the Texas disaster was because of the wind farms freezing up and the solar panels were covered with snow. That's what the vast majority of we the people voted out. Taking advantage of low information people that are gas lighted to the point of no return? Horrifying.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:39 AM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
We have to look at the timeline and how fast Covid kills people. From infection to death can take about 3 weeks. Covid has a higher mortality in older patients, and could be as high as 10% for those over 70, and as high as 16% for those in their 80's. Covid hit New York as early as January, and spread like wild fire. That ship didn't arrive until March. Nobody knew that Covid had been in New Yorlk as early as January. By that time it was too late. It was easy for the virus to infect nursing home patients and spread like wild fire in that community. Don't forget, New York is a major port of entry from around the globe, and while people in Trump's administration was focused on China, New York was being infected from Europeans.
Now explain why the USS Comfort and the Javitz field hospital remained unused until May 10, when Cuomo finally rescinded the order.
Quote:
I tried researching Cuomo's comment that the vaccine came two months too early and can't find any source. If you have one, please provide it unless it's one of those right wing lie factories that don't have a credible rating from mediabias factcheck. This disinformation and propaganda nonsense has to be defeated. People going around believing lies is not good for our country. We saw what happened at the capital.
That took a whole 15 seconds on google, including page loading times.
https://news.yahoo.com/cuomo-bad-new...1-qykjsIl5L3K_

Quote:
I'll give you that Trump was hated, but it goes deeper than just hate. You have to ask why. What we the people voted out was a cult like despot wanna be who was the most corrupt president we've ever seen. You might want to deny it because you voted with the cult of personality, are tribal, and after all, they all do it right? Normalizing conspiracy theories, lies, and propaganda are not what the vast majority of what we the people want. Placing one man over country? You might want to examine what that need would fulfill.

I have a dear friend that believes with all his heart that the Texas disaster was because of the wind farms freezing up and the solar panels were covered with snow. That's what the vast majority of we the people voted out. Taking advantage of low information people that are gas lighted to the point of no return? Horrifying.
I didn’t vote for Trump either time, have no motivation to defend him and would not vote for him if he ran in 2024, and find this part of your post laughable. You’ve been gaslighted by the mainstream media and the Democrat party for four years straight, and they’ve even been caught doing it. You were taught to hate Trump through a series of propaganda that was specifically aimed at convincing the nation that not only Trump but anyone who voted for him was racist and misogynistic. From Russian collusion (an entire impeachment trial that was based on a dossier which they knew was fake), to the Covington Kid, to “mostly peaceful protests”, you’ve been fed disinformation by the left for four straight years. Even the near hero worship of Cuomo while he was practicing eugenics was brought about by the mainstream media ignoring his wrongdoings while pretending that he was a savior. But you voted against gaslighting, huh?

What you actually did was vote for gaslighting that made you feel good about your own personal views, much like those who voted for Trump did.

Old 02-19-2021, 11:15 AM

20,089 posts, read 20,897,502 times
Cuomo is cold and calculated.
Trump is just a ding dong.
Huge difference. I mean “yuge”.
Cuomo was born a scumbag. I know people that have had dealings with him going back decades. They all say the same thing “scumbag”.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Now explain why the USS Comfort and the Javitz field hospital remained unused until May 10, when Cuomo finally rescinded the order.

That took a whole 15 seconds on google, including page loading times.
https://news.yahoo.com/cuomo-bad-new...1-qykjsIl5L3K_

I didn’t vote for Trump either time, have no motivation to defend him and would not vote for him if he ran in 2024, and find this part of your post laughable. You’ve been gaslighted by the mainstream media and the Democrat party for four years straight, and they’ve even been caught doing it. You were taught to hate Trump through a series of propaganda that was specifically aimed at convincing the nation that not only Trump but anyone who voted for him was racist and misogynistic. From Russian collusion (an entire impeachment trial that was based on a dossier which they knew was fake), to the Covington Kid, to “mostly peaceful protests”, you’ve been fed disinformation by the left for four straight years. Even the near hero worship of Cuomo while he was practicing eugenics was brought about by the mainstream media ignoring his wrongdoings while pretending that he was a savior. But you voted against gaslighting, huh?

What you actually did was vote for gaslighting that made you feel good about your own personal views, much like those who voted for Trump did.
Thanks for the link. I was using the wrong phrase to search what Cuomo said about the vaccine. I should have searched Cuomo said it was bad that the Trump administration would be responsible for the roll out. Cuomo saying that the vaccine being released before Biden took office implies that he wanted the vaccine delayed until Biden took office, which isn't what I'm reading in your link. Mediabias Factcheck gives Yahoo a good review for a clean fact check record. It's typical right wing spin to take words out of context and twist them to fit an agenda.

As for your assumption that I've been gas lighted by the main stream media? You couldn't be more wrong. I read the Mueller report from cover to cover. That's all I need to form an opinion on who Donald Trump is. I know his gas light, conspiracy driven , lie like hell playbook. That isn't hard to figure out. Are you sure you didn't vote for him? You seem to be defending the indefensible.

I don't worship Cuomo, I don't live on the East Coast. I do know that he was between a rock and a hard place. To better understand why the ships weren't utilized you have to understand that they are small with only a few ICU beds and maybe a couple of hundred regular beds. That's a small dent in 15,000 deaths. Then there's the issue of having enough staff to run ICU beds. Look, I worked in ICU for 25 years. You can't just put some floor nurse in ICU without extensive training. Ditto with the Navy hospital beds. I was working as a Respiratory Therapist during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic in a 300 bed community hospital. We ran out of ventilators, and were sent some we were never trained on. It was dangerous, but at the time, I had over ten years of experience and could figure out how to run it on my own after work one day. Would I trust a new grad with that responsibility? No. Our ICU was a zoo and we eventually had to go on bypass. It was bad, but it was doable, unlike with Covid. Our local V.A. had to take in civilians and the 500 bed big box hospital I used to work at had to open up extra spaces to accommodate Covid patients. We were never as bad as New York, but it was pretty intense here for awhile. I can't imagine how bad it was in New York.

While I understand why Cuomo did what he did, I also know that lying about how bad it was and trying to cover up his decisions was worse. He should have been honest from day one about trying to find another place for those infected nursing home patients. Yeah, good luck with that. When your hospital is overwhelmed and you have Covid patients on gurneys in hall ways, or holding up ambulances waiting outside to bring someone in. What do you do? Ever been in a hopping ER? I think my busiest day in ER would not compare to what New York's ER's looked like during the worst of the pandemic.

Right now there is a federal investigation into how Cuomo handled the data concerning the nursing home deaths, which is now up from 8,500 to 15,000. That only makes the situation more dire then what we saw on the media. This bug is a beast unlike anything I saw in my 25 years working as a therapist, and that includes 13 years in that big box hospital where we got the sickest of the sick.

I'll wait to read the report on what the FBI and U.S. attorney find before I pass judgement, just like the eye opener the Mueller report is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies