Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 01:20 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Another tweet of Cruz's, from 2018 has resurfaced.

"I'll believe in Global Warming when Texas freezes over".

Hooey, this is not a good day to be Ted, er, Rafael.
Lol...I'm going to agree with you on this one !

Old 02-19-2021, 01:26 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
While this is very interesting and all ....
  • Where was the criticism for any California Senator or Congressperson who dares leave the state of California whenever it's on fire??
  • Where the hell is Joe Biden and why is he not at this very second in Texas doing something about this mess??? If Joe Biden is anywhere but Texas, then clearly he is a terrible human being!!
  • Why isn't Kamala Harris in Texas right now doing something bout this mess?? If Kamala Harris is anywhere but Texas until this crisis is over, she is a terrible person!!
  • What is the federal government doing about the crisis in Texas??
Ted Cruz can't do much but be a cheerleader for his state. He can't send in the National Guard. He can't send in the US Military to help out. He can't deploy the Army Corps of Engineers. He can't send in Homeland Security. He can't send federal aid. He can't send in emergency stockpiles of fuel and natural gas. I'd really like to know about the response by the people who actually can do these kinds of things.
Biden has authorized FEMA relief and contacted all of the states that were affected to ask what else the federal government can do to help out. Beto has been on the phones checking on the elderly and coordinating deliveries of food, medicine, water and blankets. AOC in the meantime has raised over two million dollars for the victims in Texas. Ted could have been in D.C. working to get aid to his constituents.

OYOH, maybe Ted should stay gone. He's absolutely useless and would only get in the way, as is his SOP.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Biden has authorized FEMA relief and contacted all of the states that were affected to ask what else the federal government can do to help out. Beto has been on the phones checking on the elderly and coordinating deliveries of food, medicine, water and blankets. AOC in the meantime has raised over two million dollars for the victims in Texas. Ted could have been in D.C. working to get aid to his constituents.

OYOH, maybe Ted should stay gone. He's absolutely useless and would only get in the way, as is his SOP.
Biden didn’t even mention Texas until 6 days later

Old 02-19-2021, 01:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Another tweet of Cruz's, from 2018 has resurfaced.

"I'll believe in Global Warming when Texas freezes over".

Hooey, this is not a good day to be Ted, er, Rafael.
Not real. A hoax. Liberals will believe anything

Old 02-19-2021, 01:33 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Biden didn’t even mention Texas until 6 days later
The President can not respond until the Governor makes the request..

Old 02-19-2021, 01:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
At least Ted fled his responsibilities in style- from his Lane Bryant stretch jeans to his tucked in polo shirt, no one can deny the man has amazing fashion sense.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
He left his poor dog snowflake at home in the freezing cold while he was away.
That is horrible. I guess he couldn't afford to put him in a kennel while he was gone.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:59 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
And conservatives love to call liberals elitist, if that wasn't an elitist move, I don't know what is. You wait until your states is in crisis, then decide to bail out to Mexico, until things get better back home, and blame it on your kids. How could he think no one would notice, when there are cameras everywhere these days.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:00 PM

558 posts, read 338,409 times
Fun comments here. Yeah, but what about Cuomo? What about Obama? What about... anyone but Flyin' Ted.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:00 PM

1,462 posts, read 660,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What I'm calling for is consistency. If it is reasonable to expect that Senators and Congresspeople must be in their states during any and all ongoing disasters, they that standard must be applied consistently.

So let's say that Senator Cruz needs to be in-state for this disaster. Well then, show me where Nancy Pelosi consistently flew back to and stayed in California when the state was on fire. If she actually did that, then the expectation is not hypocritical. Obviously, nobody was keeping track of whether or not Nancy Pelosi was in state and actively doing something. Consider that for a moment. Nobody on this forum can tell me right off the top of their heads whether or not Nancy Pelosi ever went on vacation while people in her district and state were burning and many of them dying. Why don't we know that??? If we don't know that, then why are we keeping tabs on Senator Cruz???

Short Version: Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
I thought you would want to know that AOC raised over 2 million for Texas relief in just 24 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.