Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 02:50 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's been one month. You can't change the course of a pandemic in a month. The maskless morons are still out and about.
How many would have died if Biden were president the last four years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 02:52 PM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And it’s happening worldwide

It has nothing to do with Biden
Other countries aren't stupid enough to open their borders, let people in from anywhere, untested for Covid. Try again. Illegals are spreading this disease to American states.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:06 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
I thought Mr. MaGoo had all the answers? Why are people still dying? Looks like the old codger lied, and duped all those who voted for him.

He must have Andrew Cuomo consulting him on the sceince of "covid death maximization".

Old 02-21-2021, 03:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
the blame game has stopped. No one (well, almost no one) thought the virus was going to stop or that we'd never hear about covid again. And the blame has stopped. I don't see the media constantly hammering on joe for not having made a big impact on the trajectory of the virus, or finding ways to twist the continued deaths into being his fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank deforrest View Post
how many would have died if biden were president the last four years?
186,327, but taxes would be higher.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I am hoping the response continues to improve, but even if the Biden administration had the very best response possible I don't believe it would have stopped the pandemic in the first month he was in office.
Yeah, it was unrealistic for Covid to just go away. But didn't stop partisan hacks from saying it would just go away in the media under Biden. Now these same partisan hacks are saying Biden killed 100k people. Many said Covid deaths were much lower than reported. Can't have it both ways now can you?

Old 02-21-2021, 03:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Other countries aren't stupid enough to open their borders, let people in from anywhere, untested for Covid. Try again. Illegals are spreading this disease to American states.
I thought Trump had this under control.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:27 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yep, and with more deaths to come. It boils down to a choice between two bad outcomes; one horrible and one extremely horrible. Nobody is happy about this situation.
Wait, so the lockdowns, social distancing, covid variants, limited vaccines, and mask wear for 500K+ victims (and counting) was not an extremely horrible outcome?

Sounds extremely horrible to me.

Sounds to me like a silly mask isn’t enough to stop an obese person or avid smoker from catching covid and having grave symptoms. Sounds to me like covid will be here with us forever. Sounds to me folks will have to learn to live with it without sacrificing what’s left of their quality of life.

Biden is happy with this situation, this situation of blaming it all on trump got him elected.

Old 02-21-2021, 03:29 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I want Biden to apologize to Trump for spending all last year blaming him for the deaths when it is clear that any president would have been powerless to stop the spread.
You sound like you are defending a family member, personal friend, or co-worker.

Trump is none of those things to you.

He is a politician. One who is no longer in office to effect a policy you may like.

Why do you care if anyone criticizes him?

Do you think he’s going to run again and win so you feel a need to ‘protect his reputation’ ?

Old 02-21-2021, 03:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://yournews.com/2021/02/21/2034...-bidens-first/

It looks like telling everyone to wear 2 masks and making masks mandatory on federal property did absolutely nothing.

Great job, Biden. You and your supporters killed over 100,000 Americans because of your stupid response. Biden actually laid the groundwork for this when the Obama/Biden administration failed to plan for a pandemic.
All of which were on ventilators because of Trump.

During Biden's first months the rate of new cases has dropped significantly all across the USA..

Old 02-21-2021, 03:31 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
All of which were on ventilators because of Trump.

During Biden's first months the rate of new cases has dropped significantly all across the USA..
And it has nothing to do with Biden

Cases are dropping worldwide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies