Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times

Advertisements

I dont see anyone dying, or even being hurt in these in the reporting so far. If its just property damage I suspect we will ignore it, and they will think they "won" the exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 10:59 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I thought I was pretty clear with the sentence I used. Wartime scenarios are created/facilitated so that defense contractors get government contracts and enrich themselves. Normalcy.

Trump didn't do that. He fought to make them impotent using weaponry and sanctions. We didn't see much military action near the end of his term. Troops were coming home. We did see peace deals sprouting up. That's not normal. Peace is not profit.
True but trump also escalated tensions by assassinating military officials.

Also, sanctions are terrible for innocent civilians of targeted countries, especially during Covid.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:00 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Highly agree with you. Was just talking about this to my wife this morning. We're dumbstruck on the idea of our military going to other countries in the middle east and trying to maintain "order". Yet it's the same as being terrorists in their countries. And on the same hand with the military being ordered out, with their guns, the democrats wants to take away our guns.
Was it Eisenhower that warned against the MIC becoming too influential?

Old 03-04-2021, 01:19 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,570 times
I think U.S. isn't going to let up. A few years ago, they decided to withdraw all their troops out of Iraq. All military personnel were to move out of the base there. And move somewhere else. There is a reason for the U.S. being there. The U.S. will be totally target area number one, if no troops were in Iraq. The Iraq government is mostly military command and mix with Al Qaeda. These two forces join and mix to terrorize western government all the time. The U.S in 2001, 9/11 was the hit of Osama Bin Laden. It centered around there. If they withdraw troops from Iraq, you would see more of these kinds of incidents happen all over the U.S.A. That is why U.S. has a military command post at Hikam, Air Force base in Honolulu, Hawa'i'i. It is for these kinds of war time tactics that is avoided or confronted when it comes around. Hawai'i is used for the military. And they make it known too, if you are a military guy.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:25 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I dont see anyone dying, or even being hurt in these in the reporting so far. If its just property damage I suspect we will ignore it, and they will think they "won" the exchange.
22 reported dead from US attack. No other details.

Old 03-04-2021, 01:39 AM

634 posts, read 328,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
What do you mean by return to normalcy?
The return to the normalcy of Jan 2017-Jan 2021, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies