Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 05:03 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If it's so important to know, why not find a source that doesn't require your email to read it?
Yeah, it is getting harder and harder to find non paywall or account news sources. This trend for increased revenue by the news outlets is only going to lead to further isolation and increases echo chambers. Quite a few of the news sources I used to read for balance i no longer can because they want me to create an account or pay a monthly fee. I guess ad revenue isn’t enough anymore. It is sad what has happened to the media in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 05:08 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Here is a summation of the bill from a less egregious site than Epochtimes
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...s/house-bill/1

First thing I see is that it requires President/Vice President candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns, at least its finally in writing. I see ethics & finance discussed that's sorely needed as is election security. "independent redistricting commissions" heaven forbid the existing shysters don't get to redraw the congressional lines the way they want.

And nothing" to make sure that no Republican is elected anywhere, any office, any time in the future, period" as the OP stated unless their saying that a Republican can not win when the election process is fair and open to everyone who is eligible..

Old 03-09-2021, 05:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

First thing I see is that it requires President/Vice President candidates to disclose 10 years of tax returns, at least its finally in writing. I see ethics & finance discussed that's sorely needed as is election security. "independent redistricting commissions" heaven forbid the existing shysters don't get to redraw the congressional lines the way they want.

And nothing" to make sure that no Republican is elected anywhere, any office, any time in the future, period" as the OP stated unless their saying that a Republican can not win when the election process is fair and open to everyone who is eligible..
The FED has NO Constitutional authority to set election rules, laws, or procedures; NONE!

That this is even being considered is preposterous!

Old 03-09-2021, 05:27 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The FED has NO Constitutional authority to set election rules, laws, or procedures; NONE!

So how does this work? Does the SCOTUS allow the Dems to legislate into law an unconstitutional power-grab, wait until someone of standing sues, and then it works its way up the court system? (As for standing, I would think that any of the Republican states would want to sue.)

Old 03-09-2021, 05:29 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

Nope. They’re saying that Democrats can’t win without massive ballot harvesting.

You need to balance the ease of voting with the need to maintain election integrity. There’s a good reason that absentee balloting has been permitted only with valid reasons.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:41 AM

89,049 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Completely unconstitutional, full stop!

Election laws and procedures are up to the States!!!

Rat bastard Democrats want to CONTINUE cheating; no way, dirtbags!!!

Yep. Exactly. If the US Congress wants to change federal election voting laws and procedures, they'll have to Amend the US Constitution to do so.

How in the hell do the idiots not know this?

Old 03-09-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. It’s a big power grab that the Democrat-run federal government to ensure that they remain in power forever. And it’s in violation of the Constitution.

SCOTUS....where are you?
Sadly, SCOTUS seems to be MIA.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:

Correct. Look at the previous times voting rules have been changed by the Fed Gov:

15th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

19th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

If the Fed Gov wants to change voting laws, procedures, or rules, they'll have to Amend the US Constitution to do so.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So how does this work? Does the SCOTUS allow the Dems to legislate into law an unconstitutional power-grab, wait until someone of standing sues, and then it works its way up the court system? (As for standing, I would think that any of the Republican states would want to sue.)
Given their recent behavior, SCOTUS will likely claim no one has standing. /smh

Old 03-09-2021, 05:58 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Correct. Look at the previous times voting rules have been changed by the Fed Gov:

15th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

19th Amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

If the Fed Gov wants to change voting laws, procedures, or rules, they'll have to Amend the US Constitution to do so.
Damn right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies