Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2021, 08:59 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s an experimental vaccine authorized via emergency approval and you want people to be forced to get it or not be able to work or attend school? And you think those who do not want this are the foolish ones?
Yes and yes.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Agreed. Get back to life as soon as you can. Worry about your health and others can worry about their health. I am not getting the vaccine but do not expect anyone to “protect” me.
Yeah........I dont expect people to protect me either..........but I do expect them not to INFECT me.

Just common courtesy.

Get the vaccine.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:27 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah........I dont expect people to protect me either..........but I do expect them not to INFECT me.

Just common courtesy.

Get the vaccine.
if you have your shots you won't die and you won't end up in the hospital.
Similar to the flu. Not everyone gets a flu shot. You don't worry about that do you ?

Old 03-17-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
if you have your shots you won't die and you won't end up in the hospital.
Similar to the flu. Not everyone gets a flu shot. You don't worry about that do you ?
Flu is no where in the neighborhood of Covid.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:31 AM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
https://swprs.org/covid-rna-vaccines-deaths/
covid vaccinations have already been associated with about 3000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’
No, the vaccines have not been "associated" with about 3000 deaths and several thousand non-trivial ‘adverse events’".

Those figures are taken from VAERS, which cannot show association or causation.

Quote:
Post-vaccination deaths may be unrelated to the vaccination. However, in the US, 47% of post-vaccination deaths occurred in people who became ill within 48 hours of being vaccinated and 31% of deaths occurred within 48 hours of vaccination. 20% of deaths were related to cardiac disorder.
https://foreignaffairsintelligenceco...ovid-vaccines/
https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...e-side-effects

"We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they *didn’t* get the vaccine). It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most powerful fallacies of human logic, and we’re not going to get rid of it any time soon. Especially when it comes to vaccines. The best we can do, I think, is to try to get the word out in advance. Let people know that such things are going to happen, because people get sick and die constantly in this world. The key will be whether they are getting sick or dying at a noticeably higher rate once they have been vaccinated."

Quote:
There is a mismatch between the data published by the authorities and the reality on the ground.
They have three sources of information, besides the emails and adverse event reports they receive through the Internet. These three sources are Israeli news site Ynet, the Israeli Health Ministry database, and the U.S. federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database.
In January 2021, there were 3,000 records of vaccine adverse events, including 2,900 for mRNA vaccines.
Compared to other years, mortality is 40 times higher.
https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/briti...ght-after-jab/
VAERS cannot show association or causation.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...-debunked.html

"'From what I have seen, the statistics presented in [the original post on Nakim] are real. But the use that is made of it is a fine illustration of this scientific maxim that it is with data like people: if we torture them long enough, they end up saying whatever we want,' he wrote, according to an automated Google translation."

Quote:
Anyone raising concern about the safety of Covid-19 vaccines faces derision as an ‘anti-vaxxer’, but the real extremists are those who refuse to hear evidence that something is going badly wrong with this mass experimental intervention. Now a Public Health England report confirms that infections increase during the fortnight after vaccination.
If you use anti-vax sources be expected to be called an anti-vaxer.

Anyone diagnosed within two weeks of vaccination either was already infected at the time of the injection or was infected before the vaccine had time to be fully effective.

Quote:
It should not be unexpected that Covid-19 vaccines have deleterious as well as intended effects. Pfizer data shows significant lymphocyte depletion in the first week after vaccination. June Raine, chief of the UK medicines regulator MHRA, acknowledged that ‘a week or two’ is needed to build up immunity after the first jab.
Maybe worthwhile to take ivermectin prior to the 1st jab if impaired immunity for the following week is killing people. Hopefully there is some research to find out
The vaccines are not "killing people".

Quote:
To read up on specific cases
https://thecovidblog.com/category/vaccine-deaths/
There are no confirmed deaths from the coronavirus vaccines.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:27 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Companies can both ask about and require vaccines. As the vaccines become widely available I hope that more companies do so - nursing homes and school staff for example. It strikes me as a no-brainer that if one's job involves close contact with vulnerable persons, vaccines should be mandatory.
Even if the vaccines can weaken a younger healthy humans immune response to future forms of virus?

That is precisely what Bill Gates former virologist claims...

https://ugolini.co.th/ugolini/geert-...inst-covid-19/

He says 70+ & anyone with pre-existing conditions whould get it, but the vast majority of us should NOT!

Why would our federal government ignore science, and force younger healthier gov't employees to get this vaccine when it could kill them later?

Old 03-18-2021, 05:27 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Vaccine hesitancy is highest amongst conservatives. Higher than Black Americans, historically a vaccine hesitant group. Famous black people have been open about getting the shot, to promote its safety among the black community.

Trump, love him or hate him, is adored by conservatives. If he advocates getting the vaccine, I would have to hope conservatives listen to him. To his credit, in between his insane rants on Fox Business, he did encourage people to get the vaccine. It's a bit sad to see him try to take all the credit (his administration deserves a lot of credit delivering Moderna, less so the others), but whatever works. I'm at least relieved Trump is willing to promote the vaccine. It's how red states get back to normal ASAP.
Might it be that vaccine hesitancy is highest amongst conservatives because they happen to be independent thinkers, look at facts, and aren't "sheep"?

New flash: red states ARE back to normal. But that may change since the addled old man in the WH has decided to punish those states for voting for Trump by releasing infected and untested illegals into the communities, however.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:31 AM

43,054 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Flu is no where in the neighborhood of Covid.
Covid won't kill or nor put you in the hospital if you have your shot.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:33 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Got the Moderna shot yesterday. Still alive and feeling fine. All of the adults in our family have gotten at least 1 shot. My oldest adult child has gotten the J&J shot(one and done). We are all alive with no side effects.
This includes sibling's, spouses and extended family. A large number.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:34 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Irresponsible?.....no more than not giving your kids inoculations for Chickenpox, Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis. Failure to get these vaccinations exposes you as uneducated and/or misinformed. Someone who could be easily be perswuaded to join a cult or follow orders from other misinformed people. Certainly nobody I'd spend time with.
Thank you, lord. Because the thought of spending time with the likes of you makes my skin crawl, quite frankly.

I don't like to associate with control freaks who bully people, call them names, or say they are stupid, just because they CHOOSE to not get vaccinated. I CHOOSE not to get vaccinated after careful consideration of my own health, medical history and risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies