Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 09:36 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,301 times

Advertisements

I think it's time that both parties step back for a moment and attempt to define the role of our government. So much of what we are asking our government to do these days is impossible. We are suffocating and over burdening our government with social issues IMHO. I've said it before and I'll say it a million times again. These social issues are better off being funneled thru Facebook, Twitter etc. Leave the government out of it because they have almost zero bandwidth to solve a most of what I call the "Isms" ie racism, sexism, ageism, etc.

How do we get back to a smaller, more efficient government? Lastly, I go back to a quote from JFK which states "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Let's stop looking for the government to solve your problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both parties are to blame. Petty and punitive is now the norm and it has to stop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 09:38 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You need to re-read that post, more carefully this time.

"We've lost the ballot box as evidenced by the last election. We've lost the soap box as the Media is just Democrat Propaganda. All that is left is the ammunition box and they're trying desperately to take that away also. "

Apparently someone needs some remedial reading class time.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
lol. I'd actually like to start with Pelosi. She is the most evil.

Agree. Good place to start. Anyone who doesn't see the demon that owns that particular bag of meat is a lost cause.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How can you evaluate the evidence, if the courts say there is none?
That's not what they said, in the vast majority of election related cases filed. That's the line going around, but it's a false narrative. No doubt you've seen that written here before, so I'm not going to hammer on it. There's no point.

Quote:
What will you say when (if) Dominion wins in court, proving the allegations of fraud against them were false?
Don't care about the Dominion issues. Never really did. The claims were extraordinary, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. None was presented by the claimants. I figured that if they had something, they were withholding it until a court took it up, to keep the jury pool from being tainted (judges don't like that), but since being denied, nothing's been released. Maybe it's because of the impending defamation case, or maybe it doesn't exist. Don't know/care. If anything comes out, I'll have a look at it.

The one thing about the Dominion stuff which I do find interesting, and perhaps there's something to it, is that Powell/Wood seem to have intentionally goaded them into filing the cases. We'll see what happens over time with that.

I've learned over the last five years that the old political (and legal) strategies are out. People who base predictions or expectations on how so-and-so did things X decades ago have been consistently wrong about the future since the populist rise began, years before Trump came along. It's still going. This division we're seeing isn't left/right. It's establishment/populist. The sooner you realize that, the sooner everyone's positions will start to make more sense to you.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Sure, voting is the main way to fight back but that's in the future. We need to do something now.

We should start our own list of cancelled words. Sure, they won't get removed from the dictionary or dem msm or retailers won't report on it or remove ads with the word but who cares. Let's just start our own list of words republicans refuse to use and add some words. Distribute and lets get together and fight back on this. We can have our own language and let them adapt.

Biden doesn't want us to say China Virus. Anytime we want to say Virus, let's add China in front of it.

Anytime we want to say Biden, let's call him Dementia Joe or maybe even Idiot.

Anytime we want to talk about Kamallaa, let's spell her name wrong. She hates that.

Any words we can cancel?

Let's find ways to fight back on the crazy.
You are just being silly. This is like flailing one's arms in the darkness. Wake up and smell the covfefe.

The Republican party is nearly dead on the national stage, it is retreating into a regional ineffective fringe group. That is a serious problem. Trump and people like you killed it.

If you want to save the party and affect the future direction of this country for the better look in the mirror and stop falling for those internet hoaxes that color your perception of the world. You have no idea what is really happening nor who your real friends and allies are. You just want to insult people.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:44 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,919,501 times
Quote:
If you need a court case to prove things to you, then I don't know what to say. I guess you're not capable of evaluating evidence on your own.

I sure hope you're never part of any jury.
Evidence of fraud was evaluated by our legal system, no systemic fraud was found for the 2020 presidential election. What on earth are you talking about?

No, I am not stupid or arrogant enough to think in my reading articles and watching youtube videos that I have more information than the dozens upon dozens of lawsuits that were presented (and dismissed) by our legal system claiming fraud following this election.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:46 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Here's the post. Maybe you're referring to a different one? I'm not misquoting, at all.

"We've lost the ballot box as evidenced by the last election. We've lost the soap box as the Media is just Democrat Propaganda. All that is left is the ammunition box and they're trying desperately to take that away also".
Right. That's the post.

Did you read it?

Did you compare it to what you quoted him as saying?

You should probably do that. Use software or something if you need to. You're fundamentally changing the meaning of what he wrote in your misquoting.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:46 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Stop doing crazy things that the Democrats then take up from you. Cancel culture? Not a Democrat thing until they learned it from watching you.

Look at the utter insanity of Republicans. Like the ad from Boebart today where she ends it with the sound of gunshots. Its terrorist incitement. Expect the Democrats to wait a while, and eventually return the favor. Because they really do learn from watching the Republicans. If they take up these things, we will never have a uncontested election result again.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:47 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Fail. We had the best candidate. Y'all cheated, manipulated and fortified the election and will do the same again in the future...i.e. illegals voting, prisoners voting, dead people voting, people voting many times under different names due to no ID required, etc but y'all won't win again. We see how crazy y'all are so get as much crazy in now in the 2 years ya got because things will change back to 'NORMAL'.
As long as you keep denying reality, nothing is going to improve for you.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Right. That's the post.

Did you read it?

Did you compare it to what you quoted him as saying?

You should probably do that. Use software or something if you need to. You're fundamentally changing the meaning of what he wrote in your misquoting.
WHAT are you talking about?

I am not changing anything, I did a cut and paste of the entire post we're discussing, making no changes.

This is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies