Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes.

Asians that were heavily discriminated against in the 1800s and early 1900s had above average poverty rates and often lived in urban areas and yet still had high academic achievement and low crime rates.

Why?

Culture.

Today they outperform whites in all major life outcomes in the US.

Why?

Culture.

We currently have leftists arguing for cultural relativism as if it makes no difference.
Because they have very high rates of 2 parent families. The children are receiving the guidance they wont get as readily get from a single parent family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 09:15 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because they have very high rates of 2 parent families. The children are receiving the guidance they wont get as readily get from a single parent family.
It isn't just 2 parent families. It is both parents are involved regardless of marital status + Grand parents are involved + Aunts and uncles + older cousins. Asian families are very competitive even among their own.

The most common thing I see is Asian kids dont want to shame the family. Its almost an obsession.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:37 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,559 times
Quote:
lol BS Explain to everyone here when it comes to admittance exams in college, it goes Asians, Whites, Hispanics and Blacks? Which is also the same pecking order for education, earnings, and low crime rates. (Highest to lowest in 2 parent families.) That black students fail the law boards test at 3 times the rates of whites. They fail because, as a group, they were admitted with lower scores. They were not as qualified. Nothing to do with genetics.
But somehow your observation is correct and every single study known to mankind is wrong
I've traversed C-D well over a decade and my sentiment has never changed. Certainly my observations and personal experiences. My observations may strike yourself as odd especially, if you reside within a opaque bubble, possess preconceived beliefs, and rely chiefly on news or biased data.

Moreover- if you're not military nor belong to the STEM field; you truly don't possess a fist to swing in this fight.

Admittedly as a category of people we're great in common academia pursuits. Truly splendid being uncommon among the common; Albeit- not so great being uncommon among the uncommon.

Notate: I'm not refuting Law school's low admittance scores nor their black student grades. I'm willing to bet the cow most comments were hurled from members incapable of scoring well on the LSAT.

Surely throughout the STEM community the struggle to maintain a seat at the big table has become evident over decades but we relish pointing the finger in directions far away from our community's shortcomings.

Last edited by SPECFRCE; 04-15-2021 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-15-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I've traversed C-D well over a decade and my sentiment has never changed. Certainly my observations and personal experiences. My observations may strike yourself as odd especially, if you reside within a opaque bubble, possess preconceived beliefs, and rely chiefly on news or biased data.
Except you made this all up and have no proof otherwise. None. Like I said "But somehow your observation is correct and every single study known to mankind is wrong"

Quote:
Moreover- if you're not military nor belong to the STEM field; you truly don't possess a fist to swing in this fight.
You don't get to make the rules in order to squelch conversation. It's always about the actual topic.

Quote:
Admittedly as a category of people we're great in common academia pursuits. Truly splendid being uncommon among the common; Albeit- not so great being uncommon among the uncommon.
Proof please. Actual studies.

Quote:
Notate: I'm not refuting Law school's low admittance scores nor their black student grades. I'm willing to bet the cow most comments were hurled from members incapable of scoring well on the LSAT.
When standards are lowered, quality and efficiency suffer. They were admitted over more qualified students because of their skin color.

Quote:
Surely throughout the STEM community the struggle to maintain a seat at the big table has become evident over decades but we relish pointing the finger in directions far away from our community's shortcomings.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It isn't just 2 parent families. It is both parents are involved regardless of marital status + Grand parents are involved + Aunts and uncles + older cousins. Asian families are very competitive even among their own.

The most common thing I see is Asian kids dont want to shame the family. Its almost an obsession.
Parental participation is the number one factor on if a child does well in school. Money and quality of teachers mattered little.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:10 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Which culture that is garbage and promotes violence?
If you don't know you are in deep trouble.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
You have a valid point. You will never hear Asian parents telling their children to be ashamed of who or what they are. You will never hear them diminish their heritage or try to guilt them into believing they are lessor or owe anyone else anything.

How do I know? Married to an Asian and we are deep in the Asian community. Never apologize for success and never accept being average. That by the way came from my white side. Unlike the woke, I refuse to apologize for being successful, for sins of others I have never met or for sins that happened before my grandfathers were born.

Unlike many I don't accept an average personal performance as acceptable. It never is and it can always be better. You show me someone who is fine with being average and Ill show you a subpar performer every single time. Why? Because they made average their high mark.

Whites are being dumbed down so that they do not excel. That faux societal guilt is as destructive as any nuke.
They want us all stupid so they can control us.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Well there you go!

Mathguy has made multiple points of which soared above the heads of many thus he's encountered fruitless rebuttals.

As an officer of Marines I must note; a majority of the strongest critical thinkers, trailblazers, and leaders were predominantly men of color; from junior troops to Senior leadership.

Moreover throughout undergrad and grad school [Mathematics & Physics] bottom feeders (so to speak) were abundantly white and most overachievers were the Blacks, Indian, and Asian students.

Unfortunately within STEM fields they're head above shoulders.

Perhaps in fields such as nursing, social science, humanities, marketing, and Art we take the cake from our melanated counterparts.
You're so full of it it is unbelievable, none of what you say agrees with statistics/studies. I don't have time to look each one up so you will have to look it up for yourself. Oh, never mind you already know what you spew is garbage so you don't have to take the time to prove yourself wrong.

Old 04-15-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
lol BS Explain to everyone here when it comes to admittance exams in college, it goes Asians, Whites, Hispanics and Blacks? Which is also the same pecking order for education, earnings, and low crime rates. (Highest to lowest in 2 parent families.) That black students fail the law boards test at 3 times the rates of whites. They fail because, as a group, they were admitted with lower scores. They were not as qualified. Nothing to do with genetics.
But somehow your observation is correct and every single study known to mankind is wrong
He knows he is full of it!

Old 04-15-2021, 05:35 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think colleges should know about our gender or race. That shouldn't even be on the application. Let them decide who to accept based on what their standards are. In a blind test like this I bet there are more blacks and Asians admitted. Not saying white people wouldn't be accepted
In a blind test, blacks still come in dead ass last every time.

Nothing has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies