Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:55 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times

Advertisements

A four year old autistic boy who could not wear a mask was kicked off a flight. i am so angry. there are NO exemptions. you will comply with the facist states of America.

how can the airline not get sued. if it was my kid I would get revenge.

i told someone I had a mask exemption even though I don't. the fact is that does not matter old women don't care about exemptions.

how do you feel about no exemptions? you will comply. it makes me beyond angry.

the airline does not even care if its sued. no rights for no one!!

maybe some of the people enforcing the rules will go down on a airplane.

In Paris Maine they are sueing over these mask regulations because they believe its a violation of the American disablilties act.

i hate my country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cupu8ykp06M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 03:52 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Eh I guess it sucks but I'm honestly indifferent. Maybe it's not a good time for the disabled to fly.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:57 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,553,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Eh I guess it sucks but I'm honestly indifferent. Maybe it's not a good time for the disabled to fly.
They have every right to.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
A four year old autistic boy who could not wear a mask was kicked off a flight. i am so angry. there are NO exemptions. you will comply with the facist states of America.

how can the airline not get sued. if it was my kid I would get revenge.

i told someone I had a mask exemption even though I don't. the fact is that does not matter old women don't care about exemptions.

how do you feel about no exemptions? you will comply. it makes me beyond angry.

the airline does not even care if its sued. no rights for no one!!

maybe some of the people enforcing the rules will go down on a airplane.

In Paris Maine they are sueing over these mask regulations because they believe its a violation of the American disablilties act.

i hate my country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cupu8ykp06M
No one is forcing you to live here but there may be other countries that are more whining friendly. Oh, one more thing, the airline won`t be sued for protecting their passengers and employees.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They have every right to.
Like i said, sucks for the kid and the family but honestly it's for the greater good and so I'm fine with it. Can't comply? Not the right time to be traveling.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:12 AM

13,286 posts, read 8,460,871 times
THE ADA ?

Follow along:
"prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to take part in their communities[/b]

Well then, if you want to be a part of the community. Wear the mask.

Parents ended up getting a refund. Cause they want to be like every one else and throw a tantrum when they are asked to follow an airlines guidelines/regulations.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:29 AM

My daughter has ADHD and has a hard time controlling her impulses. She can't control herself in some situations, is madly sugar sensitive, and has some weird triggers which make it difficult to take her into some social situations... So, we don't, or we do it with the knowledge that we may have to cut out early or cancel. She needs to learn how to conduct herself in social situations, but some environments aren't the right place for that.

We are flying back to US in a couple months and it's going to be three flights, one of them 13.5 hours straight. It won't be easy; she can wear a mask but she gets whiny and will eventually wig out, so, I'm giving her a big dose of melatonin after we board so she will conk out for most of the flight. We have an overnight layover before the last leg, which is only a few hours and will be manageable.

Again, sucks for the parents; I do get it. But your child's disability that prevents him from wearing a mask doesn't prevent him from contracting and spreading the virus. Don't like it? Don't use the service. None of the services allow it? Again maybe now isn't the right time.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:23 AM

1,602 posts, read 868,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
My daughter has ADHD and has a hard time controlling her impulses. She can't control herself in some situations, is madly sugar sensitive, and has some weird triggers which make it difficult to take her into some social situations... So, we don't, or we do it with the knowledge that we may have to cut out early or cancel. She needs to learn how to conduct herself in social situations, but some environments aren't the right place for that.

We are flying back to US in a couple months and it's going to be three flights, one of them 13.5 hours straight. It won't be easy; she can wear a mask but she gets whiny and will eventually wig out, so, I'm giving her a big dose of melatonin after we board so she will conk out for most of the flight. We have an overnight layover before the last leg, which is only a few hours and will be manageable.

Again, sucks for the parents; I do get it. But your child's disability that prevents him from wearing a mask doesn't prevent him from contracting and spreading the virus. Don't like it? Don't use the service. None of the services allow it? Again maybe now isn't the right time.

You are parent of the year in my book. You don't have a choice because flying back is the only option, but you do you best to mitigate and get ahead of issues you know might come. You also know your daughter well. Most parents today cannot be bothered.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:24 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
When your journey starts with an assault/rape at the gate, don't be suprised if it goes downhill from there.
The only customer the airlines are interested in serving is federal govt.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 03-23-2021 at 05:42 AM..

Old 03-23-2021, 05:39 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Throw the flight attendant, the "captain," the airline CEO, the cops that responded, all of them straight into gitmo, lock the door and walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies